Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Mayser "Torry" possibly later 1950s.

49353414087_ac32f94be5_b.jpg

49353395607_a8a4b51068_b.jpg

49353428622_b81ac12c92_b.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many
6ABA2E3C-4232-4FE7-8E1F-40EF332747A5.jpeg
B1C0C40B-8FFF-4B00-87F6-4226A34E9D5D.jpeg
D27A58CD-4228-4FB1-91C0-D3C640370587.jpeg
Ok folks, first post for me but I’ve been popping in and out of here (AKA; stalking) for at least 15 years. I have the unfair advantage of knowing a whole bunch of you, while none of you know me. Awkward. Anyway, let’s fix that. Or as we tube guys like to say, let’s rectify that.
Today’s hat is my Royal Stetson Whippet, with a huge nod to Art Fawcett for the full restore after I nearly destroyed it. Long story. Actually a couple stories. Dropped my youngest daughter off at swim practice for 2 1/2 hours so I went for a walk on Glen Island. Not for long, too cold today. That’s right, brim up for Bob. Also, that’s just how I wear them.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Peschel made great hats for sure, but there's not that much between the best makers in Austria and Germany. Pre-war Hückel would certainly be up there.
A pre-war Hückel really nice, thick velour would be fine then, compradore. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

View attachment 204865 View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 Ok folks, first post for me but I’ve been popping in and out of here (AKA; stalking) for at least 15 years. I have the unfair advantage of knowing a whole bunch of you, while none of you know me. Awkward. Anyway, let’s fix that. Or as we tube guys like to say, let’s rectify that.
Today’s hat is my Royal Stetson Whippet, with a huge nod to Art Fawcett for the full restore after I nearly destroyed it. Long story. Actually a couple stories. Dropped my youngest daughter off at swim practice for 2 1/2 hours so I went for a walk on Glen Island. Not for long, too cold today. That’s right, brim up for Bob. Also, that’s just how I wear them.

Beautiful hat. I hope you continue to post and share.

Kind of made me sad too: Art isn’t making hats anymore and Bob has been out for over two years. Good for Art, but I sure wish we could get Bob back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rumad

One Too Many
Thanks Brent (see? Awkward! I know almost everybody’s name!). I wish I had more of his work but at the same time I absolutely feel it’s an honor to have four VS customs, and a few redo’s. Sad to see him leave, I haven’t used any other hatter than him. WTH am I gonna do now? Great guy to work with too. Gonna miss Art.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 204865 View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 Ok folks, first post for me but I’ve been popping in and out of here (AKA; stalking) for at least 15 years. I have the unfair advantage of knowing a whole bunch of you, while none of you know me. Awkward. Anyway, let’s fix that. Or as we tube guys like to say, let’s rectify that.
Wow, 15 year stalker...that’s some diligent vigilance. Look forward to seeing your posts. Welcome outta the dark into the light and let’s see some tubes wearing some hats.
B

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, the combination of hat and fur jacket is fantastic. All respect for an almost spaghetti western character, some of which were set in the winter
Ha ha, thanks Daniele. I probably should have worn my furry western hat. I do have to say shearling coats get a high rating from me for winter wear.

Super sheen on your Borsalino today. A lovely hat. Also very much have been enjoying your long parade of magnificent heathered felts.

Thanks,
Michael

Rumad

One Too Many
Wow, 15 year stalker...that’s some diligent vigilance. Look forward to seeing your posts. Welcome outta the dark into the light and let’s see some tubes wearing some hats.
B

thanks for the warm welcome man. I’ll do what I can. I don’t know if what I have even constitutes a ‘collection’ but I wear them daily and love em. Your hats are absolutely fantastic.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Well, that's a beautiful hat.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot