Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Thanks Brent (see? Awkward! I know almost everybody’s name!). I wish I had more of his work but at the same time I absolutely feel it’s an honor to have four VS customs, and a few redo’s. Sad to see him leave, I haven’t used any other hatter than him. WTH am I gonna do now? Great guy to work with too. Gonna miss Art.

I don’t find it awkward, Alan. I’m glad you decided to come out from the shadows.

I hear you on missing Art. We still have Phoenix, Gibson, Gannon, Northwest, Alley Kat, Tumwater, Buckaroo Hatters, etc. There are lots of custom hat makers, but we will all miss Art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For work tonight it will be the first time wearing the moss MacLachlan.
01351951-B46B-43FD-93F9-680B6883E87E.jpeg
33AFC113-7D46-4C7F-8304-2A94789C8FF2.jpeg
0ABFDEF0-C694-412A-8B85-33BA77DD4D80.jpeg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 204865 View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 Ok folks, first post for me but I’ve been popping in and out of here (AKA; stalking) for at least 15 years. I have the unfair advantage of knowing a whole bunch of you, while none of you know me. Awkward. Anyway, let’s fix that. Or as we tube guys like to say, let’s rectify that.
Today’s hat is my Royal Stetson Whippet, with a huge nod to Art Fawcett for the full restore after I nearly destroyed it. Long story. Actually a couple stories. Dropped my youngest daughter off at swim practice for 2 1/2 hours so I went for a walk on Glen Island. Not for long, too cold today. That’s right, brim up for Bob. Also, that’s just how I wear them.

Welcome aboard Alan, wonderful Whippet. Would love to hear the story behind it sometime.

J Williams

Practically Family

J Williams

Practically Family
View attachment 204854 View attachment 204855 View attachment 204856 Greetings All:
Today....one of my very favorite dark hats and my absolute favorite black hat to wear. Imho, perfect in several ways...curl, proportion and crown.
Stetson Nutria Quality and a WW2 era Coast Guard Pea Coat that is the finest quality wool i have found.
You won’t find these at the Mall. Lol
Be well. Bowen

Hell yes! You do this hat every bit of justice. Curious what's the crown height and brim as curled on that one Bowen? It looks close to my 3X at 2 1/2 x 5 3/4

IMG-1848.jpg

J Williams

Practically Family
View attachment 204865 View attachment 204866 View attachment 204867 Ok folks, first post for me but I’ve been popping in and out of here (AKA; stalking) for at least 15 years. I have the unfair advantage of knowing a whole bunch of you, while none of you know me. Awkward. Anyway, let’s fix that. Or as we tube guys like to say, let’s rectify that.
Today’s hat is my Royal Stetson Whippet, with a huge nod to Art Fawcett for the full restore after I nearly destroyed it. Long story. Actually a couple stories. Dropped my youngest daughter off at swim practice for 2 1/2 hours so I went for a walk on Glen Island. Not for long, too cold today. That’s right, brim up for Bob. Also, that’s just how I wear them.

Welcome to the lounge Alan, even though you have been lurking since well before I knew it existed! Great looking Whippet and a brim up man like myself.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
7AFE5E20-39F3-4313-AAB9-2C1992F5CBB4.jpeg
Hell yes! You do this hat every bit of justice. Curious what's the crown height and brim as curled on that one Bowen? It looks close to my 3X at 2 1/2 x 5 3/4

View attachment 204959
Hey J:
Thanks. 3” without the curl and 6” open crown. Looks like a twin to yours. The blocking looks the same to me, also.
I think we both enjoy similar tastes in this style as do several other members. It’s a hard one not to like no matter the color or brand but the black just does it for me. I know it does for you too. Your 3X is very unusual. I’d love to have one to compare. I’d bet the felt’s probably nicer than the Nutria, idk.
B

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wow, not just an excellent hat, an exceptional hat! Great to have you posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany