Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks D. It's a Dobbs Sixteen Fifty from the latter half of the 1940s that I just acquired. The coat is a Lands' End Charter Collection model in some Austrian Loden cloth. I think Lands' End used that label for only a couple of years in the 80s for a try at some higher end market.

You were looking superb under the Eleganza yesterday. Great outfit paired with it.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. That coat just had a special look to it and of course, my eye gravitates to those pretty old Dobbs.

O’Farrell and Rand’s.

8fa4b584c67240c7516884b90a85ce9c.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Lots of OR and OOR talk these days which prompted me to reach for this RD OR. I have two OR's, a 40's 3X in SB with an onion skin, last drop liner and this one. This has the softest felt by far. Mold the crown to your liking but the brim can be rolled up like a cigarette paper w/o wrinkling. It will hold no other shape but the next one it takes on when I pick it up. Happy to have a color not SB. Sky Gray as vic ID'd it, @carouselvic .
CIMG5355.JPG
CIMG5357.JPG
CIMG5358.JPG
CIMG5362.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A vintage Lee Adventurer (gray with charcoal trimmings) headed out of the house with me this morning. The cool brisk morning (high today of 43'f with 40mph winds are forecasted) found me enjoying the protection from the elements the fedora offered.

i-X7cszQZ-M.jpg

i-rmXTCLM-M.jpg

i-H7KqG9p-M.jpg

Home from work this afternoon I have doned a cap in appreciation of the brisk winds. A Well Dressed Head cap was my choice.

i-vMnftTw-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Lots of OR and OOR talk these days which prompted me to reach for this RD OR. I have two OR's, a 40's 3X in SB with an onion skin, last drop liner and this one. This has the softest felt by far. Mold the crown to your liking but the brim can be rolled up like a cigarette paper w/o wrinkling. It will hold no other shape but the next one it takes on when I pick it up. Happy to have a color not SB. Sky Gray as vic ID'd it, @carouselvic .
View attachment 140826 View attachment 140827 View attachment 140828 View attachment 140829

Dang sir that is a sharp hat and boot combo. Thanks for sharing.

best, Eric -

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A vintage Lee Adventurer (gray with charcoal trimmings) headed out of the house with me this morning. The cool brisk morning (high today of 43'f with 40mph winds are forecasted) found me enjoying the protection from the elements the fedora offered.

i-X7cszQZ-M.jpg

i-rmXTCLM-M.jpg

i-H7KqG9p-M.jpg

Home from work this afternoon I have doned a cap in appreciation of the brisk winds. A Well Dressed Head cap was my choice.

i-vMnftTw-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Great lids, both, Eric! I think I like that make and style of caps the best... I see they are the most expensive, too.... story of my life.

Great lids, both, Eric! I think I like that make and style of caps the best... I see they are the most expensive, too.... story of my life.
And for anyone who doesn't already know, "The Well Dressed Head" is the business name chosen by Keith Lo Bue, better known here as fellow Lounger @Stuffsmith who seeks out vintage and rare fabrics and materials for his mostly made-to-order and hand-made caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko