Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The hat is incredible!!!! The T-shirt....I want one in every basic color for every day of the week!!! Where can I buy some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking Knox Bill, and great shirt !
Did the forum have those made up at some time, or did you just have it made yourself ?

So here’s the story. I was helping my daughter design her wedding invitation and was explaining how to incorporate designs into letters. I drew up the capital F with the fedora as part of it for an example. I kinda liked it so I made this graphic.

Fedora Lounge.jpg

I wanted to have it stitched on a polo but my wife said I have too many polos. So I choose some colors and and had it embroidered on a tee.

9A39227B-FC48-4987-8D34-AE94BF653FA8.png

I’m not completely satisfied as it is. I think it should be a tad larger and if I do another I will most likely put it on a polo.

Here are a few others I’ve done.

8BC3AF65-4F44-4B75-906A-DC9B956AF8BC.jpeg 1F3E06B7-E033-4409-9C65-1E2C6CB68D7F.jpeg DE90F4E0-1210-45DF-B855-D7791CBC2D41.jpeg AE3D1D79-47B6-4BAF-BB47-5DC2599D9723.jpeg 0A69D50E-8314-468A-B5E8-BB59EE71D396.jpeg 258F6042-4142-4453-86EB-01F743F7EE02.jpeg 402502B0-050D-4F1E-9084-C55224899713.jpeg 0AE454F0-E5AC-4D19-8AF5-3F45425CC30F.jpeg

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Be careful what you wish for, Brent. Stetson Open Road 4x Beaver Silver Belly! I bought two hats from Bob Hufford. They arrived today. He very kindly added this to the lot, unbeknownst to me. What a surprise I got. A very kind gesture, Bob. Thank you so much [emoji145]
P.S. Don't worry folks, you'll be seeing the other two shortly [emoji4]
d03218e66524c11f747cc654cc0dccb1.jpg
d01935e2889efd0a9d049ccdcd41e7cf.jpg
7e8916870dd8cb5418c819c572dc3877.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Next thing you'll be sporting a string tie, pard Steve.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
So is this what you do for a living, Bill?
Design logos? I’ve always wanted to do things like that for a career.
Super straws in the pics, BTW!
When I joined in with you FL guys three months ago no one was wearing straws so I haven’t seen very many examples. Yours are fantastic! I only have one straw fedora and two kowboy straws. Didn’t think I’d be wanting more, till eyeballing yours.
Gee , thanks, Bill . Now ya got my HAS worked up for straws and FL tees! [emoji4]
So are you going to share your shirts and sweet logo with the Loungers? I imagine there will be plenty of us wanting them, which could mean money for you for more hats! [emoji1]

Bill Hughes

When I joined in with you FL guys three months ago no one was wearing straws so I haven’t seen very many examples. Yours are fantastic! I only have one straw fedora and two kowboy straws. Didn’t think I’d be wanting more, till eyeballing yours.
Gee , thanks, Bill . Now ya got my HAS worked up for straws and FL tees! [emoji4]
So are you going to share your shirts and sweet logo with the Loungers? I imagine there will be plenty of us wanting them, which could mean money for you for more hats! [emoji1]

No I’m not a graphic artist. I am an engineering technician for Texas Instruments. When I was younger I toyed with the idea of commercial art but don’t think I was or am anywhere near good enough. These are a few from my younger days. My wife has them hanging in the hall.

F96B0573-B113-428E-B6D5-A57BEA70982D.jpeg DC444276-EE10-4435-A076-23230FDF90A4.jpeg 74361E53-E09C-4A75-B33A-42C5A2B1E9C4.jpeg 8FCD6294-DAF4-427B-A0C9-9378C6BF7748.jpeg EA68951B-3B12-4F26-9EAF-7E7E7FF590D5.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
No I’m not a graphic artist. I am an engineering technician for Texas Instruments. When I was younger I toyed with the idea of commercial art but don’t think I was or am anywhere near good enough. These are a few from my younger days. My wife has them hanging in the hall.

View attachment 207796 View attachment 207797 View attachment 207798 View attachment 207799 View attachment 207800

Wow,Bill!!!! If you’re not good enough, no one is! I’ll say, You must be one heck of an engineer!!
I’d guess there’s a better living in it, as well.
However, if Texas runs out of instruments to engineer you can always design tee shirts!

So... can I get one of them nifty FL logo shirts, or what? [emoji4]

Bill Hughes

As far as Getting more shirts made. That could be done. I would need to know the following.

1) Tee or Polo
2) Color of said Tee or Polo
3) Size of said Tee or Polo
4) Color of the writing “Fedora Lounge”
5) Color of the fedora inside the “F”

I don’t know what the cost would be. And then there would be the shipping cost to the individual. Ordering six or more reduces the cost. I believe the graphic colors have to be the same to get the savings. But shirt colors and sizes can be different.

It might be easier if I give you the graphic and the website and you have them made yourself. But if a few want me to look into it I will.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
As far as Getting more shirts made. That could be done. I would need to know the following.

1) Tee or Polo

I don’t know what the cost would be. And then there would be the shipping cost to the individual. Ordering six or more reduces the cost. I believe the graphic colors have to be the same to get the savings. But shirt colors and sizes can be different.

It might be easier if I give you the graphic and the website and you have them made yourself. But if a few want me to look into it I will.

Count me in, either way.
Nevertheless, you’re right as far as saving money by sending a copy of the graphic and website. Whatever you charge for the use of your logo I’d be willing to...forward the bill to @Hagwood! [emoji16]
Sorry, I get silly(er)when staying up late.
Let me know what you want to do when everyone on the Lounge finds this out. I’m ready. That’s a great logo.

View attachment 207796 View attachment 207797 View attachment 207798 View attachment 207799 View attachment 207800
Your artwork is amazing and you clearly have a great talent. I hope that making art is something that you continue to do, even if not for commercial gain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So here’s the story. I was helping my daughter design her wedding invitation and was explaining how to incorporate designs into letters. I drew up the capital F with the fedora as part of it for an example. I kinda liked it so I made this graphic.

View attachment 207786

I wanted to have it stitched on a polo but my wife said I have too many polos. So I choose some colors and and had it embroidered on a tee.

View attachment 207787

I’m not completely satisfied as it is. I think it should be a tad larger and if I do another I will most likely put it on a polo.

View attachment 207788 View attachment 207789 View attachment 207790 View attachment 207791 View attachment 207792 View attachment 207793 View attachment 207794 View attachment 207795

Very cool design Bill. Really creative how you got the fedora element into the F

Best,
Joe

——— EVERY Day is HAT Day!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow... you are very talented Bill! I especially like the one of the tiger under the rock.

Best,
Joe

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 207786

View attachment 207787

View attachment 207788 View attachment 207789 View attachment 207790 View attachment 207791 View attachment 207792 View attachment 207793 View attachment 207794 View attachment 207795
All are very awesome, Bill!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

View attachment 207786

That's great, Bill. A man of hidden talents.

View attachment 207787

1) Tee or Polo

I'd be interested, as well. Either way.

Thinking through the throws of Thursdays past, 5 years ago I was willingly wearing this Black Sheep Hat Works piece in dark olive, espresso ribbon.

IMG_4432.jpg

At the request of @Rumad I need to post these shots of my retired mechanical engineer cousin-in-law with his own designed and built air driven, vinyl record turntable. He owns approximately 4000 albums.
My cousin, his wife, is obviously an angel-on-earth...
DSC09305.jpg DSC09306.jpg DSC09310.jpg

Drool, baby, drool!!

Thinking through the throws of Thursdays past, 5 years ago I was willingly wearing this Black Sheep Hat Works piece in dark olive, espresso ribbon.

View attachment 207833

At the request of @Rumad I need to post these shots of my retired mechanical engineer cousin-in-law with his own designed and built air driven, vinyl record turntable. He owns approximately 4000 albums.
My cousin, his wife, is obviously an angel-on-earth...
View attachment 207841 View attachment 207842 View attachment 207843

Drool, baby, drool!!

I’d be willingly wearing too [emoji3] [emoji2369]

Best,
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot