Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
First outing with my newly refurb'ed Champ trilby short hair. Sorry about the pics, I think my photo skills are getting worse over time instead of better.

20200123_094616.jpg 20200123_094518.jpg 20200123_094502.jpg

Thinking through the throws of Thursdays past, 5 years ago I was willingly wearing this Black Sheep Hat Works piece in dark olive, espresso ribbon.

View attachment 207833

At the request of @Rumad I need to post these shots of my retired mechanical engineer cousin-in-law with his own designed and built air driven, vinyl record turntable. He owns approximately 4000 albums.
My cousin, his wife, is obviously an angel-on-earth...
View attachment 207841 View attachment 207842 View attachment 207843

Drool, baby, drool!!

First, nice BSHW. Second, wow, that guy takes it seriously. Let me guess - a jazz-o-phile? I thought I was doing good when I had 400 LPs.

Does he ever get winded listening to a long record?

First, nice BSHW. Second, wow, that guy takes it seriously. Let me guess - a jazz-o-phile? I thought I was doing good when I had 400 LPs.

Does he ever get winded listening to a long record?

Winded? Probably not. He’s known to be full of hot air. And, not just jazz by any means!!
I suspect he rarely ever makes it through an album anymore without falling asleep, though.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Open Road 3X this morning. Not all Open Roads are equal! Stetson introduced the "Open Road" in 1946. The thin ribbon high block styled hats had been around for some time.

i-h9jfgBR-M.jpg

This 3X has that desirable felt - clay like ability to take a crease over and over again. I can pop it on and change the crease easily on my head. Very organic trait. This hat is a strong argument for vintage felted fedoras.

i-2DDkbJL-M.jpg

i-z4P93Xj-M.jpg

i-zfKFLVp-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
So here’s the story. I was helping my daughter design her wedding invitation and was explaining how to incorporate designs into letters. I drew up the capital F with the fedora as part of it for an example. I kinda liked it so I made this graphic.

View attachment 207786

I wanted to have it stitched on a polo but my wife said I have too many polos. So I choose some colors and and had it embroidered on a tee.

View attachment 207787

I’m not completely satisfied as it is. I think it should be a tad larger and if I do another I will most likely put it on a polo.

Here are a few others I’ve done.

View attachment 207788 View attachment 207789 View attachment 207790 View attachment 207791 View attachment 207792 View attachment 207793 View attachment 207794 View attachment 207795

Very cool Bill. I may have to steal your graphic and see if I can find a place around here to make me a Polo.....

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
No I’m not a graphic artist. I am an engineering technician for Texas Instruments. When I was younger I toyed with the idea of commercial art but don’t think I was or am anywhere near good enough. These are a few from my younger days. My wife has them hanging in the hall.

View attachment 207796 View attachment 207797 View attachment 207798 View attachment 207799 View attachment 207800

Wow, those look great Bill ! I have to show that Unicorn to my Granddaughter, she will love it.

Rumad

One Too Many
Thinking through the throws of Thursdays past, 5 years ago I was willingly wearing this Black Sheep Hat Works piece in dark olive, espresso ribbon.

View attachment 207833

At the request of @Rumad I need to post these shots of my retired mechanical engineer cousin-in-law with his own designed and built air driven, vinyl record turntable. He owns approximately 4000 albums.

Drool, baby, drool!!
Great hat Charlie. WOW, that ‘table is something else! Our wives are all angels to put up with us. Of course, we must put up with them too. :)

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 207833

Drool, baby, drool!!

Man, that is too cool. Never thought about an air driven turntable. I'm a big vinyl guy myself, but probably only have 500 or so, many my originals from the 70's/80's, and some new half speed mastered stuff.

How much would he charge me to build one of those for me..... LOL

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
No I’m not a graphic artist. I am an engineering technician for Texas Instruments. When I was younger I toyed with the idea of commercial art but don’t think I was or am anywhere near good enough. These are a few from my younger days. My wife has them hanging in the hall.

Bill, wow! Just wow! Quite the talented fellow you are.

Knox Twenty will be keeping my head warm while I shovel a bit of new snow this morning.
IMG_0836 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0835 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0827 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael

Miachael, you rock the jacket hat combo today.

Perry, I can count on and look forward to your post each morning. Your post does not disappoint. Cheers Doc.

View attachment 207833

Drool, baby, drool!!

Wearing the smaller hat well this morning. As to your cousin - wow! A hobby that is on the verge of out of control. Air driven turntable - cool. What could go wrong! Boy you could really spend some time listening to music.

First outing with my newly refurb'ed Champ trilby short hair. Sorry about the pics, I think my photo skills are getting worse over time instead of better.

View attachment 207855 View attachment 207856 View attachment 207857

You make the smaller hats look fashionable in my humble opinion. Excellent.

Best, Eric -

Rumad

One Too Many
Man, that is too cool. Never thought about an air driven turntable. I'm a big vinyl guy myself, but probably only have 500 or so, many my originals from the 70's/80's, and some new half speed mastered stuff.

How much would he charge me to build one of those for me..... LOL

upon searching for some info on air driven turntables just now, I see that one of the first links is a list of “the most expensive turntables in the world”. I reckon that’s why one has never passed through my house haha.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
upon searching for some info on air driven turntables just now, I see that one of the first links is a list of “the most expensive turntables in the world”. I reckon that’s why one has never passed through my house haha.

Ha ha, yeah I reckon so (as Josey Wales would say). Guess I’ll have to pass as well...

To quote another relative, my late Uncle Sam, MIT 1933, aerodynamic engineering; "Good enough is best."
He never worked for the likes of Rolls Royce, Etc. And, although he or his brothers could afford ANY car they wanted (from their used car/truck parts business) he drove Ford LTDs, his brother (Maxie) always drove a Checker (Maxie's Taxi, of course) but also owned a Rolls', a Cord, A Duesy, etc.

Back to hats...
Eric (@Short Balding Guy) mentioned GILLS!!
Stephan L. Stetson did them well, too!
IMG_5135.jpg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool Bill. I may have to steal your graphic and see if I can find a place around here to make me a Polo.....
Good idea! I had not thought of that. I already posted the graphic. Anyone who wants it is welcome to take it and do whatever. Keep it exactly like it is or change it. To make it easier here they are again.

Fedora Lounge.jpg
Fedora Lounge Final.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Definitely green, Steve. But it's like the dye was saddened so it hat a muted darkish tone to it.
IMG_0807 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Thanks Stefan. I think it was close to 30 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday morning. So one could go outside in a jacket for a change.

Two fantastic hats there, Stefan. I can't make up my mind which one I think is my favorite.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thought so. Great contrast, Michael. As you know, I'm a sucker for a back bow.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner