Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Yep, that works! Nice, Héctor.

A post-war Stetson, modest in price but robust in dimension and style. Hard to photograph the color accurately, blue spruce might be close.

012920_1.jpg

012920_2.jpg

012920_3.jpg

012920_4.jpg
I've come to expect the best from you, Alan. And I get it every time!

Hi folks! I'm almost back. I still feel lost on the periphery of the vortex without my tardis.

The FL is a pita without Tapatalk.

I'm sending this from my Android phone, so I hope it works.

I've managed to like some posts today. Can't believe how many wonderful posts I must have missed on all my favourite forums.

Hopefully - I'll be back!
Just avoid the ones that say "exterminate!" , Steve. Hoping for your return; it's not the same without you.

View attachment 209385 View attachment 209386 I wore this one days ago and wanted to post it then. The FL decided otherwise due to Tapatalk issues.

Anyway, Borsalino Qualitá Superiore in mirtillo. Sadly, you can't see that great blueberry colour in the photo.

Take care folks. Hope I'm back
Phew! Glad you made it back, Steve. That Borsalino can get you through the darkest places in the known universe. Good thing the Daleks didn't get you.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Phew! Glad you made it back, Steve. That Borsalino can get you through the darkest places in the known universe. Good thing the Daleks didn't get you.

Thanks, Stefan. I'm still not sure what I'm doing. It's like using a Nokia phone from 2001 to set phasers on stun. Thankfully, I've avoided the Daleks so far. Hopefully, Scotty will beam me up and bring me back to the future where the Federation Lounge has reinstated Tapatalk.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Follow on to Uncle Max’s question, Moe... (@drmaxtejeda ) Is the back edge of the bow frayed, in the typical Cavanagh style? Please don’t tell me “a frayed knot!”
I'm a fr...er...umm no, it does not. That is the only thing about it that is unlike a Cav. But since it isn't branded as such, it would be my guess that if Cavanagh did private labels they would change the signature frayed bow.

A post-war Stetson, modest in price but robust in dimension and style. Hard to photograph the color accurately, blue spruce might be close.

012920_1.jpg

012920_2.jpg

012920_3.jpg

012920_4.jpg

Noce, Alan. Has that brim swoop I really dig.

View attachment 209385 View attachment 209386 I wore this one days ago and wanted to post it then. The FL decided otherwise due to Tapatalk issues.

Anyway, Borsalino Qualitá Superiore in mirtillo. Sadly, you can't see that great blueberry colour in the photo.

Take care folks. Hope I'm back

Hope you're back, too.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Well I am officially indoctrinated into the Dutch Connection, and what a way to go in - this absolutely fabulous Borsalino Ecosan, Qualita Extra Extra Superiore in the color Averla, from between 1945 - 1955.

I had to wait for some Sun so I could take photos outside worthy of this fine hat. Also broke out the Canon L Series glass, no phone pics for this one (other than the selfies).

Thanks Stefan, an absolute pleasure to deal with you.

More on the New Hats thread.....

Tim, not only are you indoctrinated, but you are holding a hat which is a rarity for many details.
I'm sorry to tell you, but it won't be easy to find another like this:rolleyes:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
So let's start with the thanks: Wayne in distant NZ who agreed to the exchange of two velours and to our friend Stefan who contributed with a Borsalino meal to which I added one too. The hats have traveled the continents and here are the ones that arrived in the large brick and tuff house in Verona
E&T 5 R.jpg

Ecuyer & Thomas size 58 cm which, fortunately, has adapted to my head.
E&T 5 bis R.jpg

Made in France, it is of a thick velvet and with a satin hair
E&T 2 bis R.jpg
Light and very malleable. Certainly different from some Huckel or Borsalino that I have handled over the years
E&T 3 R.jpg

For a perfect description of the velour I will wait Steve in Verona who will give his precious opinion to understand where it comes from and its quality
E&T 1 R.jpg

It will soon be show in the new hats section
E&T 3 bis R.jpg

I must confess that I am very happy because I made other loungers satisfied with velour hats of splendid quality, but I had no one, until a magnificent hat from Steve as a gift some years ago.
Thanks again Wayne and Stefan without whose generosity this would not have been possible

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Very nice additions!

So let's start with the thanks: Wayne in distant NZ who agreed to the exchange of two velours and to our friend Stefan who contributed with a Borsalino meal to which I added one too. The hats have traveled the continents and here are the ones that arrived in the large brick and tuff house in Verona
View attachment 209393
View attachment 209394
View attachment 209395
Light and very malleable. Certainly different from some Huckel or Borsalino that I have handled over the years
View attachment 209396
For a perfect description of the velour I will wait Steve in Verona who will give his precious opinion to understand where it comes from and its quality
View attachment 209397
View attachment 209398
I must confess that I am very happy because I made other loungers satisfied with velour hats of splendid quality, but I had no one, until a magnificent hat from Steve as a gift some years ago.
Thanks again Wayne and Stefan without whose generosity this would not have been possible

View attachment 209393
View attachment 209394
View attachment 209395
View attachment 209396
View attachment 209397
View attachment 209398
It looks wonderful, Daniele. Happy to have had a contribution to the exchange. It's only right for the authority who has shown us the many qualities of the Italian hats and their makers.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I hope I can be forgiven for having more eye for the coat than for the (green) hat. Love that coat, Michael.
It's a nice coat. It came to me as a gift from Ken a year and a few months ago. It's labeled Lodencoat and made in Austria. That's it. Quite a nice coat.

Lovely Michael!
Thanks Hector.

Yesterday's hat (didn't get around to it today).
Knox Twenty

View attachment 209387
Nice looking Knox, Stefan.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner