Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rumad

One Too Many
Glad somebody else has been noticing this. Some folks match clothes, Bill does horses.
I keep waiting to see a green or blue Equine some day.
B
Now that’d be a horse of a different color....
A5C98AC9-BD1F-42A9-8C8A-3601172B4884.jpeg
AFF1F03C-2FD6-465B-92E4-C6FD1B475713.jpeg

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Nice work Tim.

Wearing the Disney Twenty today after re-doing the ribbon. I didn’t really want it this wide, but whatever got on the original one bled through onto the felt and was up above the old ribbon, so I had to use a 2” to cover it up. I even tried a Naphtha bath, but no luck, it’s almost like it was bleached.

Did a Shark Gill with Dog Ears, and think it turned out pretty good for my first one. Learned some things to improve on the next one....

View attachment 209614

View attachment 209615

View attachment 209616

View attachment 209617

View attachment 209618

View attachment 209624

View attachment 209625

Rumad

One Too Many
After performing emergency surgery on an amplifier this morning, I’m picking up the youngest from school, then taking her to the doc. Artlite silverbelly. This hat has excellent hand feel, although the brim is a little less than cooperative sometimes. Still a favorite.
102A474A-7070-47DA-8F9B-99817FD6241E.jpeg
E52E4874-2A3D-412B-944F-A82B79B52CA7.jpeg
0AA615D9-E6F4-4A8D-BF05-F3E65A51D516.jpeg

Gotta love the Dallas, mine is one of my favorites. Yours looks great

Yes, you should wear that one more.

I have never handled another Dallas, but the ones I see here are great. I lucked into this pristine example a few years ago because a fellow lounger alerted me to it, as he didn't like black hats.

aren't some of the Dallas hats also marked "Mallory Ten?"

I landed an excellent Mallory Nokabout this week. Aristocrat quality with the Cravanette water resistant treatment and a vapor varies behind the sweatband.
I believe it's late 50's but it is solid all the way; felt, ribbon, leather, lining AND stitching!
That's really nice because I've had some threads popping lately on more than one vintage hat. View attachment 209642 View attachment 209643 View attachment 209642 View attachment 209643 View attachment 209644

Nice, H&R. Good to see a Nokabout example. Please add to The Mallory Mile (including guts) if you haven't already.

Glad somebody else has been noticing this. Some folks match clothes, Bill does horses.
I keep waiting to see a green or blue Equine some day.
B

Well, now that would be a horse of a different color.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Well I am officially indoctrinated into the Dutch Connection, and what a way to go in - this absolutely fabulous Borsalino Ecosan, Qualita Extra Extra Superiore in the color Averla, from between 1945 - 1955.

Exceptional Borsalino, Tim. Nicely worn, too.

I had to wait for some Sun so I could take photos outside worthy of this fine hat. Also broke out the Canon L Series glass, no phone pics for this one (other than the selfies).

Thanks Stefan, an absolute pleasure to deal with you.

More on the New Hats thread.....

View attachment 209110

View attachment 209111

View attachment 209112

View attachment 209113

View attachment 209114

View attachment 209115

View attachment 209116

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for your replies to my troubles being a part of the FL. The issue is still not resolved. Seems I can "Like", but not quote and reply.

The internet and social media websites would soon have died out if this is how it had been back in the day. Too slow, too much hassle, not worth the trouble!

I'm still wondering what is the FL's beef with Tapatalk?

Hats off to you all, my friends - Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20190715_233748.jpg
    IMG_20190715_233748.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Nice Top Hat Steve! Don't go anywhere, you are probably the only one who likes me around here, lol.....

Joke aside, it is a bit cumbersome, but not impossible. Hang in there.

Thank you all for your replies to my troubles being a part of the FL. The issue is still not resolved. Seems I can "Like", but not quote and reply.

The internet and social media websites would soon have died out if this is how it had been back in the day. Too slow, too much hassle, not worth the trouble!

I'm still wondering what is the FL's beef with Tapatalk?

Hats off to you all, my friends - Steve

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Randy. I do like the wide ribbons on certain hats, but wasn’t sure how it would look with the gills.

It does look great on that Fifteen you sent me though, thanks again !!
Super job on those dog eared gills, Tim!! Impressive! Straight and symmetrical. Good color, too.
Too bad the staining caused the ribbon width, but still looks majestic!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
D0B48EF4-6E25-4147-85C2-2EAF454665FD.jpeg
F579AC5E-E60B-46CC-8C14-8139DD6E1252.jpeg
9FDCC636-6F10-4DF8-81BF-430E24D55286.jpeg
My new 40s Wormser. Finally got a dove gray hat. Been looking for one for many years. This one 7 3/8 LO and fits perfectly. It’s nice to not have to stretch one. Shrunk over time to fit me just right. The Seinfeld show calls it, “shrinkage” I’d buy all of my vintage hats in this size, if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! This one: $140, which ties my highest purchase price of a 40s Mallory a few months ago.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 209717 View attachment 209716 My new 40s Wormser. Finally got a dove gray hat. Been looking for one for many years. This one 7 3/8 LO and fits perfectly. It’s nice to not have to stretch one. Shrunk over time to fit me just right. The Seinfeld show calls it, “shrinkage” I’d buy all of my vintage hats in this size, if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! This one: $140, which ties my highest purchase price of a 40s Mallory a few months ago.
Now this is a hat done right.
Good get!!
B

View attachment 209717 View attachment 209716 My new 40s Wormser. Finally got a dove gray hat. Been looking for one for many years. This one 7 3/8 LO and fits perfectly. It’s nice to not have to stretch one. Shrunk over time to fit me just right. The Seinfeld show calls it, “shrinkage” I’d buy all of my vintage hats in this size, if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! This one: $140, which ties my highest purchase price of a 40s Mallory a few months ago.

Nice looking! I'm curious how you date a Wormser hat? What evidence do you look for? I have one Wormser, believed to be from the 50s, but if I could narrow it down a little, that would be great.

Also, if you could please cross-post in the Wormser thread, that would be great.

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking! I'm curious how you date a Wormser hat? what evidence do you look for? I have one Wormser, believed to be from the 50s, but if I could narrow it down a little, that would be great.

Also, if you could please cross-post in the Wormser thread, that would be great.
Well, I’m no expert in hat dating, that’s for sure, but can only guess from the onion skin liner tip and reedless sweat. Two things mostly found on forties, or earlier models. ‘Sides, I simply would rather think my $140 went to a better cause than just another 50s hat. So...let me have this one, Jim. LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925