Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Portis Silver Beaver today.

20200130_174731.jpg 20200130_174716.jpg

Have a great day!

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Yet another shark gill pleated bow...

A time capsule hat showcasing the beautiful attention to detail by Borsalino. Many mysteries - falero? nadirsca, visone (made with mink, or used to describe the luxurious feel of the velour?). W.E. Baber of Burlington Colo. lives on in a 1948 journal containing a pictogram of his livestock brand. I will have to hire Columbo to find out more.

013020_1.jpg

013020_2.jpg

013020_3.jpg

013020_4.jpg

013020_5.jpg

013020_6.jpg

013020_7.jpg

013020_8.jpg

View attachment 209636

Wow Alan, that is some incredible looking felt, and some interesting mysteries.

PanosChris

Practically Family
Thank you all for your replies to my troubles being a part of the FL. The issue is still not resolved. Seems I can "Like", but not quote and reply.

The internet and social media websites would soon have died out if this is how it had been back in the day. Too slow, too much hassle, not worth the trouble!

I'm still wondering what is the FL's beef with Tapatalk?

Hats off to you all, my friends - Steve

That sounds quite serious Steve...I have also seen you are selling your super fedora ? ;)
Screenshot_2020-01-31_101826.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-31_101801.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-31_101812.jpg
Jokes aside, hang in there my friend! In contrast to Tapatalk you just need to press "reply" to quote someone's post. As with anything new, there is indeed a learning curve but in this case the slope isn't that steep. Have patience :)
Cheers,
Panos

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The other velor of the NZ-Netherlands-Italy exchange.
Incroyable 8 R.jpg

Huckel "Incroyable seal velour" probably size 59 or 60 cm.
Incroyable 3 bis.jpg

The hat has, unfortunately, lost the paper label that is still in position for a piece that does not give many indications.
Without lining it has only one tip in the part of the crown that reads as follows: Huckel Incroyable Seal Velour
Incroyable 7 R.jpg

The felt is incredibly light and the color extremely variable, like all velours, in shades of brown
Incroyable 4 R.jpg

It is a pleasure to wear it on my head and it is perfect for the cold that has returned to Italy in what are called "I giorni della merla" (the days of the female blackbird), in the tradition the coldest days of the year
Incroyable 2 bis R.jpg

A huge thank you to my exchange mates: Wayne in NZ and Stefan In Netherlands
Thanks for the likes on the E&T. Buona giornata

PanosChris

Practically Family
The other velor of the NZ-Netherlands-Italy exchange.
View attachment 209828
Huckel "Incroyable seal velour" probably size 59 or 60 cm.
View attachment 209825
The hat has, unfortunately, lost the paper label that is still in position for a piece that does not give many indications.
Without lining it has only one tip in the part of the crown that reads as follows: Huckel Incroyable Seal Velour
View attachment 209826
The felt is incredibly light and the color extremely variable, like all velours, in shades of brown
View attachment 209827
It is a pleasure to wear it on my head and it is perfect for the cold that has returned to Italy in what are called "I giorni della merla" (the days of the female blackbird), in the tradition the coldest days of the year
View attachment 209829
A huge thank you to my exchange mates: Wayne in NZ and Stefan In Netherlands
Thanks for the likes on the E&T. Buona giornata
Wonderful two velours you got there Daniele. I am glad you have found some in your size too :)

Wearing the Disney Twenty today after re-doing the ribbon. I didn’t really want it this wide, but whatever got on the original one bled through onto the felt and was up above the old ribbon, so I had to use a 2” to cover it up. I even tried a Naphtha bath, but no luck, it’s almost like it was bleached.

Did a Shark Gill with Dog Ears, and think it turned out pretty good for my first one. Learned some things to improve on the next one....

View attachment 209614

View attachment 209615

View attachment 209616

View attachment 209617

View attachment 209618

View attachment 209624

View attachment 209625
Very cool Tim. Nice work

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Jonathan that looks great, I don't recall seeing one with brim binding before, then again I haven't seen so many. I envy your style too.

Thanks, Panos. I think the felted edge (Cavanagh) seems to be most common.

Bowen (@AbbaDatDeHat) has a few Gorasgus, each with a different edge. Maybe he could treat us all and do a side by side by side showcasing the brim treatments. How about it, B? ;)

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy