Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Miller Hats Signature Collection Norwalk in Wild Rabbit (Hare) Fur.

Have a great day!

20200211_142848.jpg
20200211_142910.jpg

Nice looking heather felt, Bob. Great ribbon and bow, too.

Exceptional lid, Bob!!

love seeing this hat again, Bob.

Thanks Steve, Chas and Brent! (and everyone for the likes)

That's a nice heather, Bob. I'm getting shades of blue on my screen. Is it true?

Thanks Jonathan. I hope it's blue. I put it in the "My Blue Heaven" thread.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-blue-heaven.37403/page-22#post-2468734

2717b7d5b1ac504ecfdad919d1ef7e5a.jpg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Steve.
Hope everyone on the FL has a good day. I had a good night. Got a very sweet 7 1/4 wide brimmed 50s Cavanagh on a BIN for $70 (including shipping).
Seller had the hat billed as a wool job. Guess it kept the 23 watchers leary till I was able to find the auction.
For me, It’s been hard to find a Cavanagh with a 2 1/2 brim.

Nice find Randall, can't wait to see that one. Wider brim Cavanagh's are definitely hard to come by.

For my trip to Eugene today I wore a WWII Vintage Stetson Vita-felt fedora. I have a "hat guy" in Eugene, and now a "watch guy"! I took my father's Hamilton Railway Special pocket watch to Anderson Watchmaking on Oak Street. Marc was really helpful and schooled me on this heirloom. It was made in 1946, so my Dad bought it when he came back from Guam and went to work for the Southern Pacific and settled in Eugene. Probably used during the 1950s. He said that these railroad watches were extremely accurate, they had to be to keep trains on schedule and not running into each other. It does need a good cleaning, but he is 4-5 months backlogged and it would be $175. It will be fine for a while. He took the back off to check it out and we found that my father's name, DOB and his date of death as well as MY NAME with my birthday (DOD is blank!) engraved. My mother must have had this done. I never knew. I will be wearing it with pride for a while and then getting it serviced. Marc said they need it about every 5 years.

11Feb20 Vita Felt NW Hats trip 550x.jpg
11Dec18 Stetson Vita Felt sweat logo 500x.jpg
11Feb20 Hamilton Railroad watch 550x.jpg

While at Northwest Hats in Eugene today I was able to see a friend's Borsalino Italian hat from the early 1950s. It was shipped in from Bill Hughes from Texas. The Stetson I was wearing came from him. I was in awe of this special hat. The name in the sweat band translates to "Otter". Whether it is made from otter fur or it is a color name is a question. I must admit to petting this creature and trying it on. Sorry Bill, but it had to be...

11Feb20 Bill's Borso NW Hats trip 550x.jpg
11Feb20 Bill's Borso liner NW Hats trip 550x.jpg

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
A beautiful watch with great history. I love pocket watches and carry them often.

It is very cool when someone ask you for the time and you pull a one hundred plus year old timepiece to tell the time.

A beauty!

For my trip to Eugene today I wore a WWII Vintage Stetson Vita-felt fedora. I have a "hat guy" in Eugene, and now a "watch guy"! I took my father's Hamilton Railway Special pocket watch to Anderson Watchmaking on Oak Street. Marc was really helpful and schooled me on this heirloom. It was made in 1946, so my Dad bought it when he came back from Guam and went to work for the Southern Pacific and settled in Eugene. Probably used during the 1950s. He said that these railroad watches were extremely accurate, they had to be to keep trains on schedule and not running into each other. It does need a good cleaning, but he is 4-5 months backlogged and it would be $175. It will be fine for a while. He took the back off to check it out and we found that my father's name, DOB and his date of death as well as MY NAME with my birthday (DOD is blank!) engraved. My mother must have had this done. I never knew. I will be wearing it with pride for a while and then getting it serviced. Marc said they need it about every 5 years.

View attachment 212483 View attachment 212484 View attachment 212485

View attachment 212483 View attachment 212484 View attachment 212485

Very nice, Mike. It doesn’t surprise me that your mother was thinking of you. Here’s to the missing not being filled in for many years.

I don’t think Bill will begrudge you a little felt fondling. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points