Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 141567 View attachment 141568 View attachment 141569 View attachment 141570 Greetings All:
Today....i was thinking about all the black hats and talk of late and was over in Westerns and it dawned on me, i have a black Stagecoach. Well...this ain’t it but a reasonable facsimile. Fits in nice with some other blacks i have.
Lion Hats.
I wish Mr. Lion took a page outta Mr. Fray’s sweatband playbook back in the day.
Be well. Bowen

Very nice. Is the Lion brand part of the Beaver Brands stable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow Alan! Absolutely stunning, everything about this hat is just incredible.

Thank you Michael.

Absolutely gorgeous hat, Alan. Just as a matter of interest, what was the Pantone color of the year for 1939? I have an overcoat with a 1939 union label that seems to be about that color. I thought it probably dated to some time in the 40s, but I may rethink that. Thanks, Michael

Sorry, that was tongue in cheek. Pantone has been predicting color trends for the fashion industry for about 50 years. I sat through a presentation on color trends a couple of weeks back. I am always dubious. The 2018 color of the year was ultraviolet, which the human eye cannot see at all. Anyhow, this hat was owned by a gentlemen who passed away in 1943. The family kept it in a nice Stetson box for almost 80 years until I purchased it. It is definitely pre-war, perhaps later 1930s. The color is a very rich peacock. I have a bow tie made from peacock feathers... will have to remember to put them together at some point.

Adam Premier

d1e65514907b7241c2365090733b134a.jpg

1be9b642fc7487bf818232743237dbe0.jpg

e703777dd89cd4999d29e28123a4dc38.jpg

07fe86f728aa8dca7e001170ef67092b.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely gorgeous hat, Alan. Just as a matter of interest, what was the Pantone color of the year for 1939? I have an overcoat with a 1939 union label that seems to be about that color. I thought it probably dated to some time in the 40s, but I may rethink that.Thanks,Michael

Michael; (Pantone Color Institute -consulting service within Pantone co. that forecasts global trends and itegration of color as an asset.) "Longtime PANTONE scholars Leatrice Eiseman and Keith Recker explore 100 years of the evolution of color’s sociocultural footprint through over 200 works of art, advertisements, industrial design products, fashion trends, and other aesthetic ephemera, thoughtfully examined in the context of their respective epoch" here - https://www.brainpickings.org/2011/11/23/pantone-book/ . They show via vintage posters colors that symbolized the "significant years."

In recent years Pantone has published colors of the year (here - https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/color-of-the-year/color-of-the-year-2018). In 2019 the color of the year is violet, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet. The color of the year or trending colors are suprisingly fun to view and see come to consumer merchandise and "stuff."

Eric -

Best, Eric -

Great hat! Is the binding and ribbon charcoal? I have a moss green on order and I was thinking of going with charcoal rather than the recommended green ribbon. Yours looks terrific.

I'd have to go back and double-check the emails I exchanged with Mr. Gannon at the time, but I believe this is Ash Green.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
This hat is inspiring Eric. The highlight at the bottom of the ribbon is understated, but the eye is drawn to it. I have been trying to decide on my next custom, and this style is high on my list of passions. I wonder how it would look in a Silver Belly?

The paper thin brim on this Borsalino is really something. I can see where it would be a dream to wear.

Doesn't look to rough to me, just beautiful!

That back bow spiffed up quite nicely. What I like about this style is they are easy to date in the latter 1950s. This one is a prime example. That homburg is just a delicious color and shape.

He has done that to me before, an all star enabler! I love the overall look of this French "Diplomatique". It is large and in charge!

I can see why she swooned over it Brent. Very impressive overall!

Too cute!! Not you, her... Your hat is OK too.

That organic crease is just incredible. Looks like a grab and perfect results. Wow Bowen.

Incredible images today Eric. Hats as well...
Thanks Mike! Where would we be without our enablers? :D
And yes, the French sure did make some imposing Diplomatiques.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 141567 View attachment 141568 View attachment 141569 View attachment 141570 Greetings All:
Today....i was thinking about all the black hats and talk of late and was over in Westerns and it dawned on me, i have a black Stagecoach. Well...this ain’t it but a reasonable facsimile. Fits in nice with some other blacks i have.
Lion Hats.
I wish Mr. Lion took a page outta Mr. Fray’s sweatband playbook back in the day.
Be well. Bowen
I'm liking that hat a lot Bowen. Very nice.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice Knox Bill.
Is that your civilian MOS on the shirt??

Marine Corps Aviation Precision Measurement Equipment / Calibration and Repair Technician (MOS 6492)

Kinda hard to fit all of that on a small logo. So I choose fewer words. I do think it should have read “Precision Measurement “ versus “Aviation Precision”. If I do another I’ll change it.

Since leaving the military in 1985 I have worked as a Calibration Technician, Equipment Technician, Field Service Engineer, and Engineering Technician. All are a direct result of my military technical training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner