Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Hanover Square gets the call this morning
DSCN6024 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6018 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6035 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Trying to put together a plan for the day and failing miserably to this point.
DSCN6033 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6039 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great Wednesday,
Michael
Great looking hat and perfect combination all round, Michael. Midweek style. Nice!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Out for errands in the late 1950s Dobbs Twenty with a guild edge (Cavanagh edge in Dobbs speak). A great go-to hat.
5Apr18 Dobbs 20 front.jpg
5Apr18 Dobbs 20 crown.jpg
Dobbs Carriage Logo and Guild Edge 640x.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is one of the last sins, then I will become honest:rolleyes:
wl3vv4.jpg

Borsalino "Trionfo" size 6 or 59 cm. 7 3/8 US
2870v2g.jpg

Color is "Niobe" and the cinta (ribbon) is "Bulgaro"
1znvp60.jpg

The felt is green with brown nuances finished with a very soft and malleable short hair, the ribbon is brown
s4tnuu.jpg

It was made in 1980 in the historic Borsalino factory in Alessandria
2w2o2lf.jpg

The proportions are those of the Italian hats of the time, medium brims and middle crown.
What I like is the iridescent shade of the highest quality felt
Grazie for the likes
Buon mercoledì!
PS for Stefan (Steur) did you ever know this Borsalino color?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat and perfect combination all round, Michael. Midweek style. Nice!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve.

Out for errands in the late 1950s Dobbs Twenty with a guild edge (Cavanagh edge in Dobbs speak). A great go-to hat. View attachment 141657 View attachment 141658 View attachment 141659
That is a fine looking Twenty, Red. Looks like it could be close to the same color as my Sixteen Fifty.

Thanks,
Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Sweet Adam Brent. Perfect lines and a great brim.

That Pimbell does have kind of a Cavanagh look inside. The sweat and bows show the quality of Cavs of the era.

Love everything about this one Justin. Interesting brand name and a fantastic long hair finish. Nice.

Just beautiful David. Great details.

That color is to die for Jim! The lighter contrast of that brim binding is sweet. Great people around here for sure.
Thanks Mike!
I have a late 50's Cav that is nearly identical to the Pimbell in look, color and weight/feel of the felt. Only differences are the Cav is 1/4" stingier and has the Cav bow fray.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
8D93BB29-1BCF-44FC-86F0-50DB29ED9321.jpeg
99ED0B85-FFF9-4B5A-A4B4-B8C6188EE313.jpeg
4413AD25-824C-4DD4-9973-D018C682FAB3.jpeg
AF6AA1E2-4C8F-41E9-A53A-8712C3BAA7E4.jpeg
3B1C7345-636C-4F73-8D1E-CAC0B6054654.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....I’m posting up this 5 minute old “Untouchable” hat for all, but especially for our Gentleman Giant, Mike, @Redfokker, who knows how much i’ve loved his “Untouchable” Angora. Red, thinkin of you with this one!
Borsalino Gorasgu Angora in Agata.
Now...if Only i could get me some Church Ladies!!!
Sorry for the poor photos, ugly day and just couldn’t wait.
Be well my friends. Bowen

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 141687 View attachment 141689 View attachment 141690 View attachment 141691 View attachment 141692 Greetings All:
Today....I’m posting up this 5 minute old “Untouchable” hat for all, but especially for our Gentleman Giant, Mike, @Redfokker, who knows how much i’ve loved his “Untouchable” Angora. Red, thinkin of you with this one!
Borsalino Gorasgu Angora in Agata.
Now...if Only i could get me some Church Ladies!!!
Sorry for the poor photos, ugly day and just couldn’t wait.
Be well my friends. Bowen
So you're the one who got that. I thought for sure it was mine. I take back all the bad thoughts I had. Oh well, congratulations. Maybe I'll get the next one.

This hat is inspiring Eric. The highlight at the bottom of the ribbon is understated, but the eye is drawn to it. I have been trying to decide on my next custom, and this style is high on my list of passions. I wonder how it would look in a Silver Belly?

The paper thin brim on this Borsalino is really something. I can see where it would be a dream to wear.

Doesn't look to rough to me, just beautiful!

That back bow spiffed up quite nicely. What I like about this style is they are easy to date in the latter 1950s. This one is a prime example. That homburg is just a delicious color and shape.

He has done that to me before, an all star enabler! I love the overall look of this French "Diplomatique". It is large and in charge!

I can see why she swooned over it Brent. Very impressive overall!

Too cute!! Not you, her... Your hat is OK too.

That organic crease is just incredible. Looks like a grab and perfect results. Wow Bowen.

Incredible images today Eric. Hats as well...
Thanks, Mike. The Knox and the Saks looked a bit splotchy and the brush didn't impress them. The steam did wonders though!

Very recent sin!
wqr9qb.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 7 or 61 cm. or 7 5/8. Fit with some little adjustment
11qtfmq.jpg

Color is "Pomice" (Pumice) Made during the sixties
347z6ll.jpg

Felt is thin and very malleable. Matching ribbon. The combination felt and ribbon are what I liked most of this Borsalino!
bhh85t.jpg

It is one of the sins committed in Merano, one of the many Borsalino seen and reviewed, but never noticed and taken into consideration
214gep.jpg

Thanks for the likes on the grey "Bugey" Flechet
Have a nice day
Beautiful, Daniele. Would have been a bigger sin not to save it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner