Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

nt96WK5.jpg
zgoYbdD.jpg
yKRvbzF.jpg

Hello everybody! Today's hat is a modern Stetson Whippet Royal De luxe in Cognac. The last pic shows the true color in the sun.
Great color Rick

Perhaps the nicest proportions I’ve seen on a hat of that style, Alan. Handsome hat. You wear it well and for those who ask, “can a hat of this style be worn casually?” See man in puffer vest above.

Wow. With the quality/quantity pool of antique vintage hats you could probably backstroke in, like Scrooge McDuck through his vault of gold coins, your opinion of that particular hat is...saying a lot!
(In no other way is this a comparison to you and McScrooge)
:)

Beautiful Blue liner Alan.

Thanks very much guys. The proportions on this hat are unusual. The brim is very narrow - it wears like a bowler but with a soft crown and flat top. Some hats are just easy to wear - perfect fit, not a sail in a gust of wind... this is one of those hats. The history is interesting too. I always think of that young couple at the roulette table in Casablanca when I pull it out to wear.

I had not seen this thread before: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...bel-hats-for-other-retailers-companies.52621/

It doesn't cover the Tyson hats, but indicates the Cravenette designation may be dispositive (though I don't know of another brand that used that, sort of like Adam and Aquashed). I think that re-order tag looks Mallory, though. If it is true Stetson tossed these private labels after the buyout, that would make your hat pre-1947.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many

quikrick

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21