Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Agnoulita:

E6C3B9DE-7EC2-478D-B332-025B20713B2E.jpeg
253EBFE5-23CB-4B3E-86CC-5CEA4FD1B000.jpeg
A9FED15D-3903-485F-96C2-38C85B96931E.jpeg
image.jpg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Back to warmer weather here. Went for one of the new arrivals Crofut and Knapp Milan braid straw stingy brim in natural color. With an absolutely beautiful ribbon. This is one of the three hats that arrived crammed in a Folgers coffee carton. Ended up just fine.. only had to reattach the CK badge to the underside of the crown.

View attachment 217721
View attachment 217720 View attachment 217724 View attachment 217725 View attachment 217726

Did I mention I love this ribbon?!?

View attachment 217722

Wow it’s amazing that a straw was able to survive crammed in a coffee can. Some people....

Wow it’s amazing that a straw was able to survive crammed in a coffee can. Some people....
I know right? But when I think I paid under $20 bucks for all three including the shipping. I guess I can’t complain too much. And I actually think the three hats stacked gave them them support inside that flimsy carton.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Back to warmer weather here. Went for one of the new arrivals Crofut and Knapp Milan braid straw stingy brim in natural color. With an absolutely beautiful ribbon. This is one of the three hats that arrived crammed in a Folgers coffee carton. Ended up just fine.. only had to reattach the CK badge to the underside of the crown.

View attachment 217721
View attachment 217720 View attachment 217724 View attachment 217725 View attachment 217726

Did I mention I love this ribbon?!?

View attachment 217722
Knice Knappy straw, Joe.
Do you have to fight an insatiable craving for coffee while wearing those three hats?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Tell the missus we expect to see a lot more of her wonderful hats posted here in the future!

On my office wall is a cartoon of a big fat businessman, chomping a Churchillian cigar, descending the steps of hell, carrying a huge wicker basket, stuffed full of money. The devil is saying, "Congratulations, you are the first ever to bring it with you. Now what are you going to do with it?"

Have you ever been in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. My wife likes me to ask before posting a photo of her. On the "How do folks react," thread I put up this photo of us at a wedding last Saturday, along with a number of favourable reactions and compliments that we received.

View attachment 217540

Tina, my missus, only saw the photo today, although she had said that she was ok with me posting it. "You can't see the intricate hat detail," she whinged, when seeing the picture for the first time. I reminded her that I seek approval before posting and that's why I only put up one photo. So to keep the peace here's the hat detail, and in the background you can see Fiona, the milliner. We collected the hat from her house, she was still recovering from surgery and not able to open her shop for a while. Just in case of a further potential potential domestic, the other photos are of the matching feather that went in my hat ribbon. For the link to our day at the wedding click here.

View attachment 217541 View attachment 217542 View attachment 217543 View attachment 217545 View attachment 217546

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The full meal deal, Tim. What a treat to have the complete package.

Wearing the '41 Strat to the Polls today. This was only my second Vintage Hat, and still probably my favorite. I set the bar high early on for my Vintage Hat Collecting with this one. Mint condition, original TWA box, original TWA hat pin, and even a date stamp on the sweat.....

View attachment 217604

View attachment 217605

View attachment 217609

View attachment 217608

View attachment 217606

View attachment 217607

View attachment 217610

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member