Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
25DC8B4A-1A9B-4E25-AD67-CD6489EBB2AF.jpeg
Well, gee, thanks. Are there any other tags or anything that might give us an idea if it was a jobber hat?
This is all there is, Jim.

Back to warmer weather here. Went for one of the new arrivals Crofut and Knapp Milan braid straw stingy brim in natural color. With an absolutely beautiful ribbon. This is one of the three hats that arrived crammed in a Folgers coffee carton. Ended up just fine.. only had to reattach the CK badge to the underside of the crown.

View attachment 217721
View attachment 217720 View attachment 217724 View attachment 217725 View attachment 217726

Did I mention I love this ribbon?!?

View attachment 217722
Straw already! It's not something I think about until july. Nice catch, Joe, and it came out fine.

Looks great, Brent. A well made hat. I really like that attention to detail on the liner.

Vintage gray Borsalino
5 3/4 inch crown
2 1/2 inch brim
2 inch black band
Fantastic! And in my size too. Was this one on Ebay recently? And can we get a shot of the label?

Really nice Dobbs, Randy. 2” ribbon suits you well, my friend.
My widest is 2 1/4 on a Dobbs, as well. It’s the one I posted just the other day with the bronze binding.
By the way, I was able to subdue the hand stitching on it using a method that would probably raise eyebrows, but it worked great.
A pencil! The thread I used was too light, so I used the lead of the pencil to darken it a bit. Turned out really nice! Now I won’t be embarrassed to wear it anywhere. Ha! It also helped to magically erase the the previously easy view of crooked stitching on that one. :)
Check it out! Been wearing it a lot lately.
View attachment 217865
Looking good, Randall. I wouldn't dare to have a go at a brim binding myself.
Mallory The Dallas today
IMG_1913 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1910 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1915 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1919 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Very nice! And a peacoat is always good of course.

The Pilgrim Stratoliner clone for this rainy morning.

View attachment 217868

View attachment 217867
A true pilgrim doesn't mind a bit of rain. Nice, Tim.

Good looking felt, Héctor and great colour too.

View attachment 217872 Dark grey 50s Campbell burg on a dark grey day
Excellent homburg, Randall. Love it.

Both cool hats. Well done.

View attachment 217913 View attachment 217918 View attachment 217919 View attachment 217920 Greetings All:
Today....the return of the Mystery Black.
Every time i post this one i ask if anyone knows of the manufacture. So far...still a mystery.
I only know the sweatband stamp.
So...The American Warranted 7 Star Mystery Black.
Be well. Bowen
The mystery adds to its charm. Great hat, Bowen.

View attachment 217930 View attachment 217931 View attachment 217932 So, still wearing the CD. Trying to get it as sweaty as I can. Pretty warm, sunny day. Just chugged out 6 miles in an hour and twenty minutes. Windy as heck today and this hat didn’t even think of leaving my head. Plus a little sumpin for Sir Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat. I only stole a PICTURE, not the sign. I would never.
Nice shape and colours on that one, Alan.

View attachment 218012 It’s National Hatters Day!

Well, it is if you own a rare fedora made by the National Hatters company, I suppose any day could be declared a holiday. :)
Got this sweet lid from eBay yesterday. Looked up old threads and
Found only two other people who bought a hat like this one and found info on the defunct company stating they made hat components and hat tools. Was wondering if any of you guys have this brand in your collections?
Notice the small embossed name of this hat: “EAST” on the sweat.
Kind of an odd name, isn’t it?
Guess they had a “West”, “North” and “South” as well ?
Steam shaped it last night and the felt is easily manipulated, unlike the wide brimmed Cavanagh and Dobbs recently acquired.
A very fine hat that arrived with a teardrop crease and 4 3/8 crown at front pinch. Guessing its vintage to be 40s/early 50s considering its reedless sweatband and onion skin liner and sweat blocker. Has a 2 3/4 over welt brim, so maybe not high end, but I’m proud to include this fedora in my small, ever revolving collection.
View attachment 218015 View attachment 218017
Maybe it was aimed at muslim customers, so they wouldn't forget which direction to pray in? Very nice one, Randall.

Today's dog soiree was truly an adventure on the icy ground. A 50's Lee Adventurer was the appropriate hat for the occasion.

i-zW5cG35-M.jpg

i-pDqVcqR-M.jpg

i-CbJbrmD-M.jpg

"American's Love Adventure."

i-42WPHKQ-L.jpg

Best, Eric -
Always nice to see a Lee. Especially if it's this good!

Gannon natural with slate ribbon today.

A beaut, Doug. And, man, what a crease!

Oooh, and an embroidered liner as well.

Photos before the rain
View attachment 218047
Homburg made in France before the Fifties
View attachment 218048
Branded Carlton, in reality produced by the magnificent hats producer that worked under the brand J & B.
View attachment 218049
The color of the felt is "Auburn" Mahogany in English
View attachment 218050
The felt is very malleable and the ribbon adorning it is of a fantastic color. A very nice combination.
Despite being a little wide it is one of my favorite homburgs ;);)
View attachment 218051
Have a nice day!
It's easy to see why, Daniele. That is truly magnificent!

Gorasgu? Approved!

View attachment 218086
Here’s one that arrived just this morning. A 50s Lee long hair! Shaped it and combed it. It looked pretty rough out of the box.
2 3/4 brim and 4 5/8 crown at front pinch. Cool color and cool look.
It’s a 7 1/8 sized hat, for now, but I plan to stretch it to a 1/4, unless someone wants it as is. It will be for sale if anyone is interested.
The reason for the stretch is because it’ll be easy since it came with the sweatband missing. This crown will not taper much in the stretch and, as you know, bigger sizes sell for more. I have several sized sweats of different brands robbed from 70s stingies that I can install, but I plan to put in a new, really nice Swinger brand 7 1/4 band.
If someone wants it as is, then they need to let me know. I’ll be posting it in classifieds if it shows interest here, or y’all tell me it’s worth placing there. View attachment 218087 View attachment 218085
View attachment 218102 View attachment 218085 View attachment 218086 View attachment 218087
It's a great looking hat, Randall. Glad to see it saved.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Nice hats, all. You must like the Portis as much as I.
I’ve noticed that you’ve worn it and posted it three times in a month.
For someone with so many that says a lot about that Hunter.
I like that unique zig zag brim binding muchly!
Thanks, Randall. I do like that Portis. But to be fair it's in the rotation now (I usually have about ten hats in use for a while and then change them out for a different batch). Once the new batch gets in, it might not see use for months.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hats today, gents, from all directions!!!

View attachment 218012 It’s National Hatters Day!

Well, it is if you own a rare fedora made by the National Hatters company, I suppose any day could be declared a holiday. :)
Got this sweet lid from eBay yesterday. Looked up old threads and
Found only two other people who bought a hat like this one and found info on the defunct company stating they made hat components and hat tools. Was wondering if any of you guys have this brand in your collections?
Notice the small embossed name of this hat: “EAST” on the sweat.
Kind of an odd name, isn’t it?
Guess they had a “West”, “North” and “South” as well ?
Steam shaped it last night and the felt is easily manipulated, unlike the wide brimmed Cavanagh and Dobbs recently acquired.
A very fine hat that arrived with a teardrop crease and 4 3/8 crown at front pinch. Guessing its vintage to be 40s/early 50s considering its reedless sweatband and onion skin liner and sweat blocker. Has a 2 3/4 over welt brim, so maybe not high end, but I’m proud to include this fedora in my small, ever revolving collection.
View attachment 218015 View attachment 218017

Photos before the rain
View attachment 218047
Homburg made in France before the Fifties
View attachment 218048
Branded Carlton, in reality produced by the magnificent hats producer that worked under the brand J & B.
View attachment 218049
The color of the felt is "Auburn" Mahogany in English
View attachment 218050
The felt is very malleable and the ribbon adorning it is of a fantastic color. A very nice combination.
Despite being a little wide it is one of my favorite homburgs ;);)
View attachment 218051
Have a nice day!

So, got my hat from Mike today. It looks great IMO. It will get some use in tomorrow!
i-mLDd7xj-M.jpg

i-dcNb79L-M.jpg

i-zq93cnh-M.jpg

i-fZZ97zb-M.jpg

i-5SwNdM3-M.jpg

i-TqmJJkW-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24