Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dog soiree this glorious 44'f (7'C) morning. I wore this spiral stitched Stetson.

i-dm7THH8-M.jpg

I found a Feb. 1938 magazine advertisement for the Stetson Buccaneer. It advertises itself as a "broad stitched brim of Buccaneer. It's light sun-warmed colors, it's suberly mellow felt, it's dashing new lines are setting the pace for mid-winter smartness at fashionable resorts." Priced at $7.50.

i-jJj9tGh-M.jpg

The picture shows a hat very close to this hat. The Buccaneer has it's spiral stitching only half of the brim. My Stetson has spiral stitching going all the way to the crown. Mine is a different hat. In the spirit of a Buccaneer, or until I can identify the correct name, I will go with Buccaneer.

i-8xPjz79-M.jpg

I roasted on the grill outside a couple of tomatoes for a couscous, tomato and ginger breakfast. My Mallory Ten was my outside hat for the task.

i-kxVsMWK-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Very cool stitching on that one. Maybe Buccaneer plus :)

Rumad

One Too Many

Rumad

One Too Many
Well, once more into the breach. I had to make a quick run to pick up a couple things in preparation for some serious lockdown action over the next week or two. Plus, I needed to drop off a package.

What better way to ward off a pandemic than with a Demon?

View attachment 225448 View attachment 225447 View attachment 225446

And because sunshine.

View attachment 225449

I miss getting up every day and picking a hat out.
Can’t get enough of that one Jim, although that fly nearly gave me a heart attack. Thought it was a hole! Be careful out there.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very cool stitching on that one. Maybe Buccaneer plus :)

Thanks sir.

Well, once more into the breach. I had to make a quick run to pick up a couple things in preparation for some serious lockdown action over the next week or two. Plus, I needed to drop off a package.

What better way to ward off a pandemic than with a Demon?

View attachment 225448 View attachment 225447 View attachment 225446

And because sunshine.

View attachment 225449

I miss getting up every day and picking a hat out.

A demon into the breach-excellent choice! I do like that hat choice. I am a total hat advocate as I find the patina'd ribbon to be worthy and totally awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Even in this sequestered time when I am not actively directing/managing or coaching it still finds it way out of my mouth/fingers: As you folks are aware the psychology of routine finds devotees happier than those who have big variances. A productive routine keeps us highly successful and learning humans. In the world of sequestration, I am working to keep my previously successful routine as similar as I possibly can. It has been a challenge to stay focused and not to avoid the, IMO, dreaded stay up late watching movies, get up late, avoid exercise/continuing education and snack my way thru the day. (I offer apologies for the above, but it just comes out. Without athletes, clients or employees to be daily recipients, you are the audience. Good and bad.)

I just got back from a long walk and would like to share that I wore one of my vintage Stetson Stratoliners in silverbelly. I chose the felt hue as it adds some light color to a gray and cloudy day.

i-kZBDcCk-M.jpg

i-9chvHH4-M.jpg

i-T94HFwq-M.jpg

There are not a lot of obvious signs of Spring 2020 - yet!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The hat of choice for today is a Gannon thin ribbon fedora in moss green. Stay safe.

View attachment 225480

That is a sharp thin ribbon fedora sir. Like the venerable 1940's Stetson Stratoliner advertisements said - " Right For Traveling in Style. " The advertsement I am thinking featured a fedora in "pine Green." Bleow is a screen capture of a mag.advert. that MHatman posted a long while ago.

Green theme stands proud.

i-Q3NT8Rt-L.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Eric -

Thanks sir.

A demon into the breach-excellent choice! I do like that hat choice. I am a total hat advocate as I find the patina'd ribbon to be worthy and totally awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Even in this sequestered time when I am not actively directing/managing or coaching it still finds it way out of my mouth/fingers: As you folks are aware the psychology of routine finds devotees happier than those who have big variances. A productive routine keeps us highly successful and learning humans. In the world of sequestration, I am working to keep my previously successful routine as similar as I possibly can. It has been a challenge to stay focused and not to avoid the, IMO, dreaded stay up late watching movies, get up late, avoid exercise/continuing education and snack my way thru the day. (I offer apologies for the above, but it just comes out. Without athletes, clients or employees to be daily recipients, you are the audience. Good and bad.)

I just got back from a long walk and would like to share that I wore one of my vintage Stetson Stratoliners in silverbelly. I chose the felt hue as it adds some light color to a gray and cloudy day.

i-kZBDcCk-M.jpg

i-9chvHH4-M.jpg

i-T94HFwq-M.jpg

Beautiful looking hat Eric.

Thanks sir.

i-kZBDcCk-M.jpg

i-9chvHH4-M.jpg

i-T94HFwq-M.jpg

Nice Strat, Eric. And thanks for the comments on the Demon.

I, too, find productivity in routine. My commute is shorter (up the stairs), but other than my surroundings and paucity of contact with my coworkers, not much has changed.

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 4

1950’s Dobbs with Guild Edge

View attachment 225125

Really enjoy this hat with its slightly wider brim for me at 2 1/4 and Guild Edge (Cavanagh)

View attachment 225126 View attachment 225127 View attachment 225128 View attachment 225129 View attachment 225130 View attachment 225131 View attachment 225132
Going strong, Joe. I think this is the best one so far.

Beautiful and stylish, Robert.

Mayser Super while trying to feel like it's spring in these closed down days.

Stay well folks and keep posting View attachment 225144
The Mayser is kind of a spring hat. Looking good, Steve. You're going to like the theme I've chosen for the hats this week.

Walked down the hill and turned South into town for the first time in almost a month. The tourists are gone, and many of the locals are starting to get the idea about Stay At Home. The Borsalino is not my go to Island attire, but there was hardly anyone to see me wear it out today.
View attachment 225168
View attachment 225169
View attachment 225170
View attachment 225171
View attachment 225172
A bit of a shame that: it deserves to be seen!

A dog trek this morning in a 30's spiral fedora. I love the brown flecked material in this classic profiled fedora.

i-tmRSNbV-M.jpg

A Penny's Marathon in a sage green felt hue was my hat choice for a morning walk-about.

i-bGNhkSH-M.jpg

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the streets soon, Eric -
Very cool, Eric. We don't them worn much around here.

View attachment 225264 A new early 40s Dobbs; that may just be an early Hanover Square?
Y’all celebrated this win with me on the eBay victories thread and here it is all shaped up.
Do not like diamond creases on many of my hats, but the shape of this Dobbs pretty much demanded it and I happily acquiesced. View attachment 225262 View attachment 225261 View attachment 225260
Whatever it is: it does look great. If the hat tells you what it wants it's best to listen!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks sir and others for the likes.

Being sequestered at home finds me with lots of energy to burn each day. I find myself out taking walks or runs several times daily. Being outside and having these unusual opportunities find me working through wearing the many hats on the hat rack. A mental entertainment for me, but I have worried about posting too darn many different hat pics. Thinking that you folks might desire a respite from my excessive energies, I have started posting pic collages of my different hat adventures.

I am back from a hike to watch the local eagle nest. A Gannon in bone was my hat choice.

i-6TFzgX6-M.jpg

With a collection like yours there's no such thing as posting too many hat pics, Eric.

Northwest Hats (again) and me hanging out in some glorious sunshine this fine afternoon.

View attachment 225275 View attachment 225275

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe week!
Fantastic, Roger. Seems like everybody staying indoors has done great things for the weather for some reason.

Outside doing what I can to slow the barrage of squirrels that constantly destroy my flower beds. Cayenne pepper powder, spent coffee grounds, and a garlic/egg/soap/oil and water mist I make. Hardly helps at all but since I can’t shoot the bastards it’s all I can do. Still have to look forward to the return or the rabbits, skunks and deer. I don’t know why I even still bother with the flowers, it’s truly maddening. Anyway, outdoors on this beautiful day enjoying the sun in my whippet. I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe weekend!
View attachment 225277 View attachment 225278 View attachment 225279
Beautiful hat with that shallow flange. The ribbon colour is outstanding. I wonder what kind of hat squirrel fur would make?

Embroidered Last Drop 3X on a sunny day
IMG_2655 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2657 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2661 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Getting quite warm today, compared to our recent
4-5-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
A sunny hat for sure, Michael. Nice one for spring.

Thanks, Eric. And thanks, also go to the others who liked my new Dobbs.
I love that one and like Joe once jokingly said: “ I could quit buying hats now”, but now I know better than to utter such wasted words. :)
I, too, worry about posting many times per day on this and other threads and try to limit myself.
But I know I’ll never tire of seeing your superb line of perfect hats! That’s what this thread’s for, right?

So, here’s my fifth hat for a 30 day, 30 hat show I’m doing with Joe. guess I was one hat behind. A Penny’s Marathon with a nicely done bow. View attachment 225291
The rest of it looks pretty good too, Randall. I wouldn't worry about posting too much (I'm way beyond that point myself).

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 5

Sears Roebucks and Co

View attachment 225292

Very cool ribbon on this hat with accented bound edge

View attachment 225294 View attachment 225293 View attachment 225295
Another good one, Joe. The ribbon makes this one stand out.

View attachment 225304 View attachment 225305 View attachment 225307 View attachment 225311 Greetings All:
Today....i spent a few hours with my No.1 and only Son chasing Musky wearing my No.1. Older than yesterday’s No.1 hat.
Precious time for Pops. No Musky but Alex kept us from getting skunked with a walleye.
Today was the first day i walked like an old man. Must have been the boots...or hips...or father time and his tricks!!
Be well and safe and for gosh sakes wear light boots!!
Bowen
He may have caught the fish, but you beat him hands down in the hats contest.

Good morning folks. Hope everyone’s feeling fine.
Hat #6 is a Champ that I’ve had for 10 years, replaced a ruined thin ribbon with a one inch ribbon and bow. View attachment 225393 View attachment 225394
Very nice, Randall. I like that ribbon width.

Wearing my late '50s - early '60s 3X Stetson thin ribbon conversion this a.m. I may have found a donor hat that I had laying around for its brim binding that I'm hoping will be long enough to bind this brim with...

My-3-X-Stetson-2-A.jpg

Before: It was originally a size 7 Western
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-10.jpg

After: Reblocked to a thin ribbon 7 1/4 fedora...
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-5-A.jpg

Some old player piano music!

Fabulous conversion, Terry. Works without a brim binding as well.

Dog soiree this glorious 44'f (7'C) morning. I wore this spiral stitched Stetson.

i-dm7THH8-M.jpg

I found a Feb. 1938 magazine advertisement for the Stetson Buccaneer. It advertises itself as a "broad stitched brim of Buccaneer. It's light sun-warmed colors, it's suberly mellow felt, it's dashing new lines are setting the pace for mid-winter smartness at fashionable resorts." Priced at $7.50.

i-jJj9tGh-M.jpg

The picture shows a hat very close to this hat. The Buccaneer has it's spiral stitching only half of the brim. My Stetson has spiral stitching going all the way to the crown. Mine is a different hat. In the spirit of a Buccaneer, or until I can identify the correct name, I will go with Buccaneer.

i-8xPjz79-M.jpg

I roasted on the grill outside a couple of tomatoes for a couscous, tomato and ginger breakfast. My Mallory Ten was my outside hat for the task.

i-kxVsMWK-M.jpg

Another fantastic parade of hats, Eric. A joy to see.

First time out in the powder blue RD OR after doing some cleaning and shaping over the weekend. This thing just molds to any shape you could dream up, so still playing around with it....

View attachment 225426

View attachment 225427

View attachment 225429

View attachment 225428 View attachment 225430

View attachment 225431

View attachment 225432

View attachment 225433

View attachment 225434
So that's what brings out these blue skies all of a sudden. Glorious colour, Tim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21