Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This has been a week for stingy brim beaters in my house. This little Aristocrat came filthy and the sweat cracked to pieces when I put the hat on my head. I gave it a gas bath and the white gas turned black immediately. I've never had a dirtier hat. Mike Miller blocked it for me me and put in a reeded sweat. It came with an unreeded sweat so the reblocking was necessary. In retrospect, I should have had Mike size it for my daughter and put the sweat in it for her 7-1/8 hat size...

Anyway, it looks pretty good from a distance. It's not until you handle the lid that you notice the mediocre felt with a cardboard-ish hand, LOL. There are white spots here and there reminiscent of sinew. Maybe this is 100X muscrat fur felt??? I scraped a big piece of sinew out of the front brim and now there is a divot in it's place.

i-dLbK2Z7-L.jpg

i-cbt94Ns-L.jpg

i-xWMhhrJ-XL.jpg

Hahaha
Aristocrat....muscrat...i get that...
Not a bad hat...with all that. Hey!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dlaniger

Some great hats posted today fellas. Thanks for sharing.
Here's my Sunday contribution, a Hückel Homburg. I've been in a Homburg frame of mind this past month or so. Luckily, Stefan (this one) and Daniele have been able to keep me well supplied.
6058c0ccf81eca2adb796b96c2d78dbf.jpg
30abfe037985140163c80e7e65949077.jpg
bf5c4660e282953907c9bbd16ad103a5.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

That Huckel is a winner. They really make a fantastic homburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlaniger

1900s Stetson "premier quality" paired with a 1933-35 sports coat, and some other vintage and vintage inspired accessories.
93a3a305f34dfae3e63b641903ab0b87.jpg
970a4d3958f63ea9b6e397006fea7432.jpg
a7daec42e817576c129d95dc1ea61c6b.jpg
bf5a13b3a713e36ba976630abc518312.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Great look, Justine. Your early 20th century hat and clothing collection is quite remarkable. I really enjoy your posts.

Bill Hughes

Two hat day today. For services this morning a 60s Peters Bros Shady Oaks Banker Special 100 with an Art Fawcett ribbon treatment.

IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg
IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

This afternoon went out to do some trading with fedora wearer in a nearby town. Made my wife happy. Left with nine fedoras and came home with seven. Traded four for two. One of the two is a 40s Whippet in fantastic condition. Anyway, choose a 50s Stetson Quality #1 to cover my bald head while trading.
IMG_2078.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Lid, member, hat congress, you name it, no "double entendre" intended [emoji4] Just one lid to another, Amsterdam seems to be the place to meet. [emoji145]

No wlrries!
I'm one of those people who sees puns even when they weren't done on purpose (or noticed by anyone else sometimes). Plus, I may have dated myself by the antiquated use of "lid"... :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
No wlrries!
I'm one of those people who sees puns even when they weren't done on purpose (or noticed by anyone else sometimes). Plus, I may have dated myself by the antiquated use of "lid"... :)
No worries either, Moe. I enjoy a good pun, too. Just explain to me what for you "lid" means. I can imagine, but I'm not sure. Is it rhyming slang? Not PC to mention? PM me if it's too much for our fellow Loungers to hear [emoji4]

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Excellent combinations again, Michael.
Thanks Stefan.

Thanks for showing the silver lining on your cloud, Michael. You got to wear another superb hat and vote early. Lose one win two [emoji4]

Thanks Steve. That Stetson hasn't been getting out as much as it did earlier in the season.

You're not dressed for a lazy day, Michael.
I really like that Dobbs. More than a touch of a Lord's Hat about it.

Thanks Steve. It was a very lazy day here. Another great homburg and outfit for you today.

It's good to have a more aerodynamic hat on hand for the breezy days. A nice one at that!

Ryan
Hat size: 7 1/2
Thanks Ryan. The aerodynamics played a big part in it getting chosen today. We had winds gusting to near 50 mph.

Been out of touch for a few days. Great hats shown by all! I kept up (somewhat) on my phone but my fat fingers are a challenge to comment sufficiently. Stiff felts were the hats for our Monteith House Trolley of Terror! I narrated tours through our historic districts of Albany telling the ghost stories of the Victorian homes.

I endorse your lazy day proclamation Michael. If I could wear a hat for my nap, I would post a picture. Love that color and brim. Kind of reminds me of the "Huggy Bear" homburg. Where is Matt when you need him!
Sounds like you've been having fun, Red. And yes, more that a bit of the huggy bear in this one. I have a pheasant feather band laying here on my table. Should I try it out?

Looking cool today, Michael. Tell me about that Dobbs, please. Age, is it a Lords? Nice looking piece.

Thanks D. It is not very old. It was part of the Deion Sanders line that they put out, maybe in the 90s? I'm not exactly sure what makes a hat a Lords hat. Great looking Stetson you had for your lazy day.

Thanks all,
Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
No worries either, Moe. I enjoy a good pun, too. Just explain to me what for you "lid" means. I can imagine, but I'm not sure. Is it rhyming slang? Not PC to mention? PM me if it's too much for our fellow Loungers to hear [emoji4]

A "lid" was a unit of measurement for reefer back in the day when it was still called reefer. Not sure where the term came from, but I was told it originally was the amount that would fit in the lid of a shoebox. As Amsterdam has had the reputation for progressive laws regarding cannabis for quite some time (like in that Cheech and Chong movie) , my mind just made the leap.

Dlaniger

Thanks Stefan.

Thanks Steve. That Stetson hasn't been getting out as much as it did earlier in the season.

Thanks Steve. It was a very lazy day here. Another great homburg and outfit for you today.

Thanks Ryan. The aerodynamics played a big part in it getting chosen today. We had winds gusting to near 50 mph.

Sounds like you've been having fun, Red. And yes, more that a bit of the huggy bear in this one. I have a pheasant feather band laying here on my table. Should I try it out?

Thanks D. It is not very old. It was part of the Deion Sanders line that they put out, maybe in the 90s? I'm not exactly sure what makes a hat a Lords hat. Great looking Stetson you had for your lazy day.

Thanks all,
Michael

Thanks, Micheal. Now that you mention it. I asked you the same question last year about that same hat. The Dion Sanders thing jogged my memory.

Dlaniger

A "lid" was a unit of measurement for reefer back in the day when it was still called reefer. Not sure where the term came from, but I was told it originally was the amount that would fit in the lid of a shoebox. As Amsterdam has had the reputation for progressive laws regarding cannabis for quite some time (like in that Cheech and Chong movie) , my mind just made the leap.

Sounds like we need to have that Fedora Lounge hat symposium in Amsterdam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR