Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First really nice day this year. +18 kids riding bikes and climbing trees. Days like today. Life is good.
2D06DCA2-ED7D-4DA7-8193-D1E74EE9E4F7.jpeg

46EC5E90-F91B-420F-9E98-7189A8FB467A.jpeg

Raking the yard can wait till tomorrow.
Take it easy everyone
Johnny

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Nice one, jonesy. Where did you pick that one up? I love the Maysers, old and new.

No wind, and fairly hot and humid for the daily masked Corona crawl, so I donned this Mayser Panama semi colada. Probably time to switch over to straw, though if the trades are blowing this one could end up in the drink as it blows right off my head with the slightest gust.
View attachment 229388
View attachment 229389
View attachment 229390
View attachment 229392
View attachment 229394

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Eric does that often...to all of us!!!

I’m sorry, but that’s an obscene number of hats for one day. You’ve left me with a severe case of hat envy.

Terrific hat sir. Churchill hats quickly bring to mind their namesakes quote," A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." A quote that current events bring to mind. Thanks for sharing your the hats on your awesome hat rack.

Snow gone? Cheers! On occasion, like you we get snow flurries into May but they melt right away. Winter clothes stay out, while the snow shovels, and snowblower get stored. Great hat for chores.

Great hat and even better providence. Thanks for sharing Steve.

Glorious ribbon and hat. I am curious and will watch the cleaning process and results.

I am jeleuos of the fresh vegetables! Necessary I say! You wear the hat without effort - cngrats.

Walk, warmth, swim, hat - life is good. Excellent!

I will en devour to do better sir!

No need for envy - go on adventures and go outside and do chores, wear all the hats. I frequently change hats so that I do not love them to death with perspiration, dirt, grim or combos of all.

Glorious English hats and homburgs.

Your post has me salivating. It looks delicious. I have not seen that style of food preparation. Very efficient and I bet the smells are grand. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday evening I was rigging the posts for the dock. After the cold and wet work I sipped a Guinness. I wore a Gannon (beaver in natural) for the effort. The hat needed to be steamed and leather treated(dried and conditioned) as I worked up quite a sweat.

i-GvmzJmv-M.jpg

This morning I dressed to lightly for the 35'f weather for my morning dog soirée. A Knox fedora was my headgear. This hat needs to stay on the hat rack for more wearing as it is truly a special felt and edge treatment. It is a very light gray that becomes white in direct sunlight. The Knox hats of this and previous decades had the corrugated styled sweat and is sooo comfortable to wear. Just a fine hat!

i-7HQCgnj-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That Marathon is classic in every way, Joe.

30 Days to 30 Hats - Day 19
Penny’s Marathon

View attachment 229164

1950s Penny’s Marathon
Soft thin tan felt
4 1/2 crown as bashed
1 inch matching grosgrain ribbon with shark gills bow
2 5/8 brim with matching grosgrain binding

On to another favorite.. The Penny’s Marathon. The shark gills ribbon is always an attention grabber. Love the thin moldable felt. Though it does have a small weak spot under the front of the pinch which can make it slouch a bit in the front.. but definitely gives it character

View attachment 229165 View attachment 229166 View attachment 229167 View attachment 229168 View attachment 229169 View attachment 229170

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Post often, Eric, we always enjoy your hats and outings. Heck, I think we should have an Eric's Hats thread :)

Early morning dog soiree in an Adams fedora.

i-vzTSpPJ-M.jpg

I am confident that in bits and bobs it is apparent that I have a lot of energy. I am the one who hops out of bed and is moving right away. My wife, sequestered with me, has been getting annoyed with my energy. In recognition of my idiosyncrasy, I offer apologies in advance to forum members, just like I do to my beloved wife. During this unusual time, my energies have me posting more often. I am up to a couple of runs, a couple walks, a couple of dog soirees and still able to stay to outside chores. Crazy, but I think of the quote that was attributed to Winston Churchill, "Never let a good crisis go to waste"."

Warmer 40'f temps found me enjoying breakfast on the deck. Yes this hat is a Whippet. Unique stingy brimmed hat from Australia. A stingy Whippet.

i-SrGkLc2-M.jpg

After a short run I went out to check the bird feeders wearing a medium gray Stetson Stratoliner.

i-MsCqWSN-M.jpg

My legs were stiff from exercising so I took a relaxing walkabout the local neighborhoods in a Stetson Stratoliner in sage green.

i-sBJjVz9-M.jpg

I took the time to add a pin I sourced to the hat. After seeing Alan's Stratoliners with the curled side brim, I too will try it by storing the hat in an original box.

i-BTDm9R4-M.jpg

i-fdCmDQ4-M.jpg

I headed over to my brothers house to drop off some groceries. He is on the last days of Covid recovery. A Cordova Cap seemed appropriate.

i-zZH9zhW-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong, see you on the street soon, Eric -

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Terrific hat sir. Churchill hats quickly bring to mind their namesakes quote," A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." A quote that current events bring to mind. Thanks for sharing your the hats on your awesome hat rack.

Snow gone? Cheers! On occasion, like you we get snow flurries into May but they melt right away. Winter clothes stay out, while the snow shovels, and snowblower get stored. Great hat for chores.

Great hat and even better providence. Thanks for sharing Steve.

Glorious ribbon and hat. I am curious and will watch the cleaning process and results.

I am jeleuos of the fresh vegetables! Necessary I say! You wear the hat without effort - cngrats.

Walk, warmth, swim, hat - life is good. Excellent!

I will en devour to do better sir!

No need for envy - go on adventures and go outside and do chores, wear all the hats. I frequently change hats so that I do not love them to death with perspiration, dirt, grim or combos of all.

Glorious English hats and homburgs.

Your post has me salivating. It looks delicious. I have not seen that style of food preparation. Very efficient and I bet the smells are grand. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday evening I was rigging the posts for the dock. After the cold and wet work I sipped a Guinness. I wore a Gannon (beaver in natural) for the effort. The hat needed to be steamed and leather treated(dried and conditioned) as I worked up quite a sweat.

i-GvmzJmv-M.jpg

This morning I dressed to lightly for the 35'f weather for my morning dog soirée. A Knox fedora was my headgear. This hat needs to stay on the hat rack for more wearing as it is truly a special felt and edge treatment. It is a very light gray that becomes white in direct sunlight. The Knox hats of this and previous decades had the corrugated styled sweat and is sooo comfortable to wear. Just a fine hat!

i-7HQCgnj-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Yeah man, life is good, I am indeed very grateful! Thank you Eric.
David

J. Hückel´s Söhne were famous for Velour Soft Felt Hats but their Stiff Felt Hats were also very popular. This week I will feature J. Hückel´s Söhne Stiff Felt Hats.

J. Hückel´s Söhne "Flexible", 152 grams possibly early 1930s. I think this a good one to start out with. I found this Stiff Felt back in July 2011.

49800098442_2ff7e7b630_b.jpg

49799784086_97585270f0_b.jpg

49799275698_f5542789cd_b.jpg

49800135417_305839735e_b.jpg

49800141362_c4e7361716_b.jpg

J. Hückel´s Söhne Neutitschein (today Nový Jičín) Factory Employees early 1900s.

49800366957_e417cbe8d7_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko