Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Always dig seeing a Dalton, Richard.

Back under the new-to-me Stetson Imperial "Sportsman." Suede finish, even!

bfcff8a5c428f630ff572953fd19c056.jpg
6624dc8ba2ac4d8fd8a571d359f6d2da.jpg
cfd677ea85b26ce25e49409017ab7202.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Much, much better pictures then the last time. The full light really shows how nice that hat is in color and felt. Outstanding color.
B

Great embroidered liner on a great hat Jim. My World’s Finest has the same logo but not embroidered and with a gold background inside the logo. The liner on mine is also not pleated. I think all that would indicate that your’s is probably older. Wish we had more info on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Richard. This is the nicest of all of my Dalton liners, and probably represents a very high quality item in their price range. Not certain about your Medalist Quality. That's the only one like that I think we have. That gold embossed liner you have is pretty impressive, too.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A new whiskey-colored beaver felt Gannon, with antique copper ribbon. It took Michael a little while to find a dress-weight body to accommodate my request for a 3" brim and 5" as-creased crown, but he kept me in mind and finally came up with a body that would work. The hat was worth the wait! Great fit, very comfortable, and exactly as I specified. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this hat. I am glad there are custom makers around to take on projects like this, otherwise us punkin-headed folks would go wanting for hats!

Terrible photos as usual; please overlook the man under the hat!

Hope y'all have a great day!
Regan
Great hat, Woodtroll. Love everything about it. Nice boots too.

Some great hats posted today fellas. Thanks for sharing.
Here's my Sunday contribution, a Hückel Homburg. I've been in a Homburg frame of mind this past month or so. Luckily, Stefan (this one) and Daniele have been able to keep me well supplied.
6058c0ccf81eca2adb796b96c2d78dbf.jpg
30abfe037985140163c80e7e65949077.jpg
bf5c4660e282953907c9bbd16ad103a5.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Aaah, Steve: you know you're getting my vote with a homburg like that!

This late '40s - early '50s Stetson Nutria Western conversion has seen its share of being taken apart, converted a few times, and reblocked to size. It's faded out some over the years and developed a couple of small weak spots on the brim and on the crown. I was able to fix the the brim and the small weak spot on the crown is something I can live with since I'm not going to be mishandling it. In any event, it won't see any more conversions and it has a good long life ahead and should see a good deal of wear time. It's not the most perfect hat by any means but it does look like it's been well worn and broke in by an everyday blue collar guy some years ago.

My-Nutria-4-A.jpg

My-Nutria-3-A.jpg

My-Nutria-9-A.jpg

My-Nutria-11-A.jpg

My-Nutria-10-A.jpg
The nutria should be sturdy enough and I don't see any reason why you would want to change it: looks perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner