Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Phoenix Musketeer Lite twin ribbon in Natural.

20200508_195525.jpg 20200508_195458.jpg 20200508_195444.jpg 20200508_195425.jpg

Thanks Stefan. I'm still bummed that I missed the pants that went with this 3 piece denim set.

Another great German hat, Stefan.

Great looking hat, Eric. Are the mosquitoes already so loud that you have to wear earplugs?

Thanks Bob. These knit or crochet, not sure which, silk models from Lands' End have been seeing a lot of wear. They are versatile.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. I think the jacket and waistcoat go very well with the light coloured trousers.

Resistol San Antonio with some very late season shearling
IMG_3551 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3541 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3539 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Windy and cold today. At least the sun is currently showing up.
5-8-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Friday,
Michael
Makes me want to wear one of my TAR hats. That certainly is a good looking hat.

Another interesting one Stefan. That brim looks wafer thin. Great lines and color.

Oh no! I hope you are not limping for long. The hat looks great too!

Wow! That is one interesting Borso Steve. Is it a heavy dress weight felt? That stitching really stands out.

I know the days are all running together, but I didn't realize it was Whippet Wednesday today. Sure looks good on a Friday though. Or is it Monday again???

Great hats for a cool days. Love that Avenue. My vita-felt is an Avenue. Is this one a 1950s example?

I have just recently resurfaced myself. Great looking Strat, cool details under the sweat. Love it!

That Resistol sure has some great lines. I have put away all the winter stuff, we are in the high 80s for the next couple of days. Snow in the East, sure is weird.
Thanks, Mike. It is. I was comparing labels and it seems it's made by Mayser.

Day 8 of 31 Hat Parade: The Black Homburg. It is hard to pick one to highlight, I have so many (too many?), I blame Stefan! Another German made Homburg sold in one of the large department stores in Europe, Lodenfrey. Large stores could have their name printed in the liner and sweat bands so it is hard to tell the brand name of made this one. Probably manufactured in the late 1950s.

View attachment 233743 View attachment 233744 View attachment 233745 View attachment 233746 View attachment 233747 View attachment 233748
A very cool hat, Mike. It was manufactured by P&C Habig in 1959.

Stefan, Thanks! "Durit" goes back to JHS but I couldn't find any Weilheim hats with this mark on the liner or sweatband (inside or out). I might have missed one of yours. I don't have any record of "Elefant" but it might be related to the felt color being similar to the color of an Elephant.
Thanks, Steve. I think that's the case. Here's the link to the original postng:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/german-austrian-hutmachers.32103/page-319#post-2334250

This week I will feature the C. G. Wilke Guben, Germany Hat Factory. Founded by Carl Gottlob Wilke in 1822 Guben, Germany. He invented the weather-proof wool hat and was a major contributor in the mechanization of hat making. C. G. Wilke manufactured both Wool and Fur (including Velour) Soft and Stiff Felt Hats. C. G. Wilke Factory was severely damaged during WWII. Guben was the largest hat making center in Germany up to WWII but was heavily damaged during the war. What remained of the Guben Hat Industry infrastructure after WWII was nationalized as VEB United Hutwerke Guben (Guben was located in the GDR).

C. G. Wilke "Helios", 186 grams, possibly early to mid 1930s. This Wool Stiff Felt is in near mint condition. The Form is fantastic along with the Brim work. The Wool Felt has a fantastic finish which exhibits high gloss. The liner really shines especially at the center so probably the reason for calling it "Helios". The sweatband has a reed on the outer edge which is fairly common with old German and Austrian Stiff Felts.

49872259437_58d4b1d13e_b.jpg

49871429138_e7976252f5_b.jpg

Highly Reflective "Sun Like" Liner

49871436513_951025457d_b.jpg

Berlin - Tegel became part of West Berlin post WWII.

49871981526_e8b5b0b7b1_b.jpg

49872301747_68f6b7bcd8_b.jpg

49871999646_e42acc32a9_b.jpg

29683702418_e91dd0c5ec_b.jpg

C. G. Wilke Guben, "111 Years Wilke Hats" (1933)

36096394936_ef880fbd17_h.jpg

C. G. Wilke Guben Factory Time Clock (1920-29)

36096424556_30f386bea3_h.jpg
Another beautiful example, Steve. Seems quite heavy compared to others.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking good today Michael
Thanks Joe.

A pantsless suit? It was probably a bespoke for a news anchor. Should be perfect for formal dress during lock-down.
Ha ha, it was ahead of it's time.

Supercalifragilistic

Early Austrian (perhaps pre-WWI) velour for a snowy Friday.

View attachment 233718
That is one fantastic survivor Alan.

Another interesting one Stefan. That brim looks wafer thin. Great lines and color.

Oh no! I hope you are not limping for long. The hat looks great too!

Wow! That is one interesting Borso Steve. Is it a heavy dress weight felt? That stitching really stands out.

I know the days are all running together, but I didn't realize it was Whippet Wednesday today. Sure looks good on a Friday though. Or is it Monday again???

Great hats for a cool days. Love that Avenue. My vita-felt is an Avenue. Is this one a 1950s example?

I have just recently resurfaced myself. Great looking Strat, cool details under the sweat. Love it!

That Resistol sure has some great lines. I have put away all the winter stuff, we are in the high 80s for the next couple of days. Snow in the East, sure is weird.
It does have a nice line. Thanks Red. We have a nice day on tap today, but then into the low 50s for a good part of the upcoming week. Definitely not straw weather, though I did run across one that was crushed at the bottom of a pile of hats and steam it back into shape. I'm in no hurry for heat.

Day 8 of 31 Hat Parade: The Black Homburg. It is hard to pick one to highlight, I have so many (too many?), I blame Stefan! Another German made Homburg sold in one of the large department stores in Europe, Lodenfrey. Large stores could have their name printed in the liner and sweat bands so it is hard to tell the brand name of made this one. Probably manufactured in the late 1950s.

View attachment 233743 View attachment 233744 View attachment 233745 View attachment 233746 View attachment 233747 View attachment 233748
Grat looking black 'burg, Red. I have a loden coat from Lodenfrey in Munich. The coat was made in Austria.

Everyone looking great with their fine hat selections.

I went with two today. The Stefeno “Milan” straw to watch the Blue Angels fly over our house today.

View attachment 233773 View attachment 233772

Followed up with the Super Borsalino to lay down some sod in front of the house.

View attachment 233774
That Borsalino is a fine looking hat, Joe.

Thanks, Michael. I think the jacket and waistcoat go very well with the light coloured trousers.

Makes me want to wear one of my TAR hats. That certainly is a good looking hat.
I thought it looked good, too. I do wish I had gotten the full rig.

Always like the Antilope.

Thanks all,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto