Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My chiropractor opened his office up again on a limited, restricted basis, so i made an appointment. Is rather pasty him some money for palliative relief than take pain pills and muscle relaxants.

Like Mike said, it was hot yesterday. I took along my Well Dressed Head indigo hemp 5 points cap. When a breeze picks up you can feel the air blowing right through the hand woven material.

Attachments

• 20200423_075103.jpg
    20200423_075103.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200423_075024.jpg
    20200423_075024.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 20200423_074920.jpg
    20200423_074920.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 150
  • 20200423_075950.jpg
    20200423_075950.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 176
Breezy and cold day under the Portis Super-Lux
IMG_3591 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3592 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3598 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Didn't expect to have this suit out again this season, but if I go out I'll actually have to throw a coat over it.
5-10-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Sunday,
Michael
Super Lux - very period sounding name. Love that ribbon, kind of "puggish". The material on that suit is the bomb Michael.

My chiropractor opened his office up again on a limited, restricted basis, so i made an appointment. Is rather pasty him some money for palliative relief than take pain pills and muscle relaxants.

Like Mike said, it was hot yesterday. I took along my Well Dressed Head indigo hemp 5 points cap. When a breeze picks up you can feel the air blowing right through the hand woven material.

I have a doctor's appointment next week, they are still closed so it will be video conferencing. I don't know how it will work to "turn my head and cough" on Zoom! Love that cap, that material really does look light and airy.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My daughter took a swing by to pick up her early birthday present... a Michael Gannon dark moss fedora with vintage ashen green ribbon and the "Rodolfo" style bowkeep with 2 color highlights. Bound brim with piccadilly ribbon, also quite old vintage stuff.

This arrived open crown, so I had the filtered water at boiling point when she arrived and she said she wanted a diamond crease like I bashed for my natural Gannon with the red slate ribbon. Done.

Attachments

• Dark Moss_Ashen Green_04.jpg
    Dark Moss_Ashen Green_04.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Dark Moss_Ashen Green_03.jpg
    Dark Moss_Ashen Green_03.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Dark Moss_Ashen Green_02.jpg
    Dark Moss_Ashen Green_02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • Dark Moss_Ashen Green_01.jpg
    Dark Moss_Ashen Green_01.jpg
    850.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Dark Moss_Ashen Green_05.jpg
    Dark Moss_Ashen Green_05.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 129

Rumad

One Too Many
My daughter took a swing by to pick up her early birthday present... a Michael Gannon dark moss fedora with vintage ashen green ribbon and the "Rodolfo" style bowkeep with 2 color highlights. Bound brim with piccadilly ribbon, also quite old vintage stuff.

This arrived open crown, so I had the filtered water at boiling point when she arrived and she said she wanted a diamond crease like I bashed for my natural Gannon with the red slate ribbon. Done.
BEAUTIFUL

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Lookin good!

Easy to see why it's a favourite, Steve. That is one magnificent hat. And a killer liner as well.
Stefan, Thank you! Today will be my last entry for C. G. Wilke Guban.

The Princeton Hat Co. is a great looking hat! The color contrast between the Ribbon and Felt is fantastic. Probably another distributor's trademark.

Last edited:
Day 10 of 31 Hat Parade: Another 85 degree day calls for a light weight straw hat for our walk this morning. This John Cavanagh Optimo crease "stingy" in a wonderful fine weave. Most likely from the early to mid 1960s, as was the style. The style of crease in the crown of the hat is one of the many straw configurations available. This 50+ year old hat has a real "patina" to it's color. I could clean it to bright white again, but she shows her age quite well. Very light, and tight weave as seen in the picture with the penny. Cavanagh was Frank Sinatra's signature brand, think Rat Pack in the summer!

10May20 Cav Optimo Smile Rhodie 550x.jpg
10May20 Cav Optimo side pond 550x.jpg
10May20 Cav Optimo crown Rhodie 550x.jpg
16Jul18 Cav weave 400x.jpg
17Jun19 Cav Optimo tip logo 450x.jpg

Very nice hat. They knew how to make them in Norwalk back then.

Excellent, Randy. That ribbon colour just works so well.

Neat little hat, Joe. I think I'd prefer it brim up though.
Hmmm. May have to take that up with the brim directly. This one has snap... but unfortunately it’s all down. In front anyway. The grey one I have just like it will snap up and down.

Day 10 of 31 Hat Parade: Another 85 degree day calls for a light weight straw hat for our walk this morning. This John Cavanagh Optimo crease "stingy" in a wonderful fine weave. Most likely from the early to mid 1960s, as was the style. The style of crease in the crown of the hat is one of the many straw configurations available. This 50+ year old hat has a real "patina" to it's color. I could clean it to bright white again, but she shows her age quite well. Very light, and tight weave as seen in the picture with the penny. Cavanagh was Frank Sinatra's signature brand, think Rat Pack in the summer!

View attachment 234077 View attachment 234078 View attachment 234079 View attachment 234080 View attachment 234081
Excellent Mike

Looks Great.. hope she loves it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner