Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

That mid-sized ribbon makes the crown seem a lot higher than 4 1/2" ! I think that's the first bronze label I've seen, very nice hat Joe.
Thank you GG. I think Bronze was one step over their entry level at the time. But made for a very nice lightweight unlined hat. It is interesting how the mid ribbon creates a bit of illusion there. Especially considering the fairly wide brim.

Groceries and butcher shop this morning. A VS thin ribbon in sage felt was my fedora for the adventure.

i-wVRjC2w-M.jpg

A run, shower and then a cool down walk necessitated a change of hats. A VS art-lite "Wanderer" in silverbelly was the perfect chapeau for the task.

i-ZcDKg5x-M.jpg

Cheer. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -
Excellent Eric

Rumad

One Too Many
F47EE921-CE6E-48AE-97EE-9AA5CECC591C.jpeg
0EE2B1E8-7E2F-4073-BCBA-67144B1387A5.jpeg
So! 84 degrees today. I can finally post a different hat. This is a Stetson straw that I picked up in an antique shop years back, I cannot remember where. Jersey? South Carolina? It came complete with a few cracks and incomplete without a band. Yep, that’s a shoe lace on there. Works for me. I never wore it before because I couldn’t get the totally wonky brim to behave at all. Finally, last week, I took some steam to it, and then ironed it with a hot iron. It actually worked. Oughtta be good for working in the garden and sweaty walks, no? Yeah, that bus snuck up on us. Enjoy the day peeps.

That's a beauty!

View attachment 235358 View attachment 235359 So! 84 degrees today. I can finally post a different hat. This is a Stetson straw that I picked up in an antique shop years back, I cannot remember where. Jersey? South Carolina? It came complete with a few cracks and incomplete without a band. Yep, that’s a shoe lace on there. Works for me. I never wore it before because I couldn’t get the totally wonky brim to behave at all. Finally, last week, I took some steam to it, and then ironed it with a hot iron. It actually worked. Oughtta be good for working in the garden and sweaty walks, no? Yeah, that bus snuck up on us. Enjoy the day peeps.
Looks cool, Alan. Everybody needs a hat like that.

View attachment 235358 View attachment 235359 So! 84 degrees today. I can finally post a different hat. This is a Stetson straw that I picked up in an antique shop years back, I cannot remember where. Jersey? South Carolina? It came complete with a few cracks and incomplete without a band. Yep, that’s a shoe lace on there. Works for me. I never wore it before because I couldn’t get the totally wonky brim to behave at all. Finally, last week, I took some steam to it, and then ironed it with a hot iron. It actually worked. Oughtta be good for working in the garden and sweaty walks, no? Yeah, that bus snuck up on us. Enjoy the day peeps.
Nice.. just in time for Straw Hat Day

Day 15 of 31 Hat Parade: In celebration of National Straw Hat Day, I felt compelled to wear the everyman summer hat from the last century. Strange, there were no other men in Safeway who were celebrating with me, so sad. This straw Boater is from the early 1950s and made by Dobbs. This type of hat has been in constant production for over a century, you can buy them even today. The tie matches the hat and is early 50s as well. For some reason, I was the only person out there with a tie as well. What is society coming to?

15May20 Straw Hat day Boater 550x.jpg
15May20 Straw Hat day Boater 575x.jpg
Dobbs Boater c1950 name 600x.jpg
15Jul17 Boater liner.jpg

I'm imagining what that felt must feel like, Steve. Magnificent hat. The pictures make clear to me that the working conditions must have been gruelling a lot of the time.
Stefan, Thanks! Yes definitely some very hot + tight situations.

Super looking "Mylord Rein Haar"! Again another mystery on the company. The liner label reminds me of Dermotta Wien.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav