Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Beautiful like all of yours, Steve.
Hey, do you know what company manufactured hats with this logo? I am sure I have seen it before, but can't place it. I think it's French. View attachment 235960
Max, Thank you! Fantastic looking Optimo Homburg from you today!

It's an American Eagle and Flag but French wording so not sure what is going on there. Is it a Stiff Felt / Bowler?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat David. I enjoy your photos that take us along on your daily trips down to the shore. They always make me think of the Colin Hay song.... Beautiful World

My, my, my it's a beautiful world
I like swimming in the sea
I like to go out beyond the white breakers
Where a man can still be free (or a woman if you are one)
I like swimming in the sea
Thanks Joe
There is so much suffering, even in paradise, but beauty and the human spirit abound.

Happy Anniversary

Thanks, Joe.

AWESOME Jim, and congratulations. I can’t wait till the day we can go to antique shops again.

It wasn't even close to crowded. Easy to keep your distance. No hats, sadly.

Happy Anniversary @Frunobulax !

We had takeout from Burger King on our anniversary!

Ha! I had told my wife I thought we might have to pack a picnic to do something special. Restaurants in Indiana are allowed 50% capacity (indoor dining begins in Ohio on Friday this week). The restaurant we went to, Galo's is a pretty big space. During the time we were there, only a handful of parties came in, but it was early afternoon.

Muchas felicidades, Jaime. I hate bring nosey, but I care about you, so... Wear a facemask, damn it!

Thanks for your concern, my friend, but outside in rural small-town Indiana when there is nobody within 25 feet of me? How about no? :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hyjinks this morning in a VS Wanderer (Artlite dove felt). Let the week begin!

i-TF328p7-M.jpg

i-dkfLhpc-M.jpg

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like a glorious Sunday sir. Thanks for sharing. I am home after a walkabout and have opened a guita case to play some Hurt Richland Woman blues and some Broonzy's Big Leg blues. Not sure what the next songs will be. Enjoy.

Glorious blue in your pics. German week has been fun to view.

enjoy the cool weather Michael. Thanks for your share.

The picture really brings the craftsmanship part of hat making to life. Excellent "daily" pic. Thanks for your sharing.
Thanks Eric. I've been enjoying the cool weather and it continues today. Could possibly do without the drizzle. Ha ha.

Pilgrim Formeaze thin ribbon in Sable Finish today.
IMG_3874 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3875 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3873 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
5-18-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I'll get out for a bike ride now, drizzle or no.

Have a good day,
Michael

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Joe.

It wasn't even close to crowded. Easy to keep your distance. No hats, sadly.

Ha! I had told my wife I thought we might have to pack a picnic to do something special. Restaurants in Indiana are allowed 50% capacity (indoor dining begins in Ohio on Friday this week). The restaurant we went to, Galo's is a pretty big space. During the time we were there, only a handful of parties came in, but it was early afternoon.

Thanks for your concern, my friend, but outside in rural small-town Indiana when there is nobody within 25 feet of me? How about no? :)
You're right, Jim! Vive la liberté.

Thanks Stefan. It seems to be a high quality felt.

I like that one Stefan. It looks like the color is a lot like my Mirtillo 'burg. More black than blue in many lights.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. Exactly that: very easy to mistake it for a black hat.

Unknown maker Beaver Twenty on a very damp morning.
IMG_3852 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3851 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3853 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
5-17-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hopefully the rain is done for a couple of hours at least. Would like to get out to enjoy the coolish weather that came with it.

Michael
Nice looking hat, Michael. Well, it isn't a beaver twenty for nothing I guess.

Sounds like a glorious Sunday sir. Thanks for sharing. I am home after a walkabout and have opened a guita case to play some Hurt Richland Woman blues and some Broonzy's Big Leg blues. Not sure what the next songs will be. Enjoy.

Glorious blue in your pics. German week has been fun to view.

enjoy the cool weather Michael. Thanks for your share.

The picture really brings the craftsmanship part of hat making to life. Excellent "daily" pic. Thanks for your sharing.
Thank you, Eric. We're moving into week four today and still several goodies to discover/uncover.
Day 17 of 31 Hat Parade: Sunday go to meeting hat! Problem is, we are not going anywhere. A quick walk and then a nap. I choose to feature one of my early Homburgs. After collecting two black ones, I felt the need to expand my Homburg color options. This Mallory Ten came from a friend on the Fedora Lounge. It has had a new sweat band installed, but the original "legacy" sweat is in it's box. This hat is mid-1950s. Archive images, I went for a walk in my sweat pants (nobody needs to see that...).

View attachment 235847 View attachment 235848 View attachment 235849 View attachment 235850 View attachment 235851
We'll stick to the hat, Mike. Which is glorious by the way. Lovely burg.

Optimo Homburg today. Magnificent felt. Thanks to Neal Blangiardo View attachment 235872 View attachment 235873 View attachment 235874 View attachment 235875
Very nice, Max.

A downpour while taking out the trash wearing Cavanagh Hunter MT in Camel color... interestingly left the distinct smell of burnt electronics

View attachment 235906
You've not been burning electronics now, have you, Joe?
Well, I guess this was busting out day. Twenty-eight years around the sun with the same woman called for something.

So, not only out of the house, but - rebels that we are - we left the state.

Short trip over to Indiana to poke around some antique shops, then dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Richmond.

It was so f#*@ing awesome to have a normal day. This unlined Resistol was a perfect companion for a warm May day.

View attachment 235912 View attachment 235910 View attachment 235911

28 years? What the hell was I thinking?!!
Congrats, Jim. What were you thinking?! What was she thinking more like! Nice hat by the way.
Stefan, Thank you! Yes this one is very dense. One more coming. Super to see a Goldsiegel! It's a great looking Homburg! The Goldsiegel mark goes way back.
Thank you, Steve. I should wear it more, but I keep thinking it's black!

This week I will feature various shades of Grey German and Austrian Velours. Most will be from the 1930s.

This is my final entry of the series.

"NEUHEIT / Novelty" "SPITZENKLASSE / Top Class" "EXTRA FEIN / Extra Fine", mid 1930s. No paper label or company mark but the Dark Stone Grey Velour is really fantastic and in great condition. The Velour is light weight and pliable with a high degree of gloss. The hat has a very unique liner design with reed piping. Overall a really great looking hat, at least in my opinion :) .

49906863368_52f01eb481_b.jpg

49906870003_ef38876e2b_b.jpg

49907692067_9dda00530e_b.jpg

Very unique / hypnotizing liner design. Also nice color matching with the Velour.

49907701502_7184c92e1b_b.jpg

Here you can see the reed that has broken through the Liner piping.

49906889768_546d8a0bef_b.jpg

49907713507_ae4ebed1df_b.jpg
Spitzenklasse is the right term, Steve. Fantastic! Your velour show has made my knees buckle and made me buy another velour from France (I think you'll like it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner