Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Sunrise in a Stetson Stratoliner (sage green felt).

i-BvwHGvP-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

Your collection of green toned hats is impressive. It is a super color for your nature activities. I need more green hats...

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I have a tan Chamois and it has a small feather but with brown and tan hues. I some others with the small blue jay feathers. I agree there are just too many to be coincidence.

My guess is Co ??? nosti? May be Daniele will see it.
Steve, I see your request with some late
In my opinion the word, wrote in an ancient Italian cursive, is Cocimosti
Needless to say the Echter Borsalino serie is fantastic!

2mar10

One of the Regulars
In a box that was to contain my newest arrival Borsalino was this little number.

View attachment 236887 View attachment 236888

This minnow bucket may be to big for my head... but I need to throw this little fish back and wait for this bigger fish to come in.

View attachment 236890

meanwhile I’ll enjoy the Rogers-Peet (MacLachlan) on what was a violently stormy afternoon of tornado warnings and hail. But has mellowed out nicely to a quiet but very humid evening.
View attachment 236889
I couldn’t decide which of those two hats I like the best. The bucket might be more functional at the lake. But the MacLachlan sings to me. The sweet sound of music finally triumphed over smells of a fishy smelling head.

Beautiful homburg, Steve. One of their finest models, I think.
Stefan, Thank you! I like the lower profile. I hadn't worn it in a while.

Your German series has been fantastic! I had forgotten about the Valetini "Superior" so great to see it again. I really like the thin ribbon bow treatment. Also nice color contrast between the ribbon and felt.

Simply elegant, nice appointments and color. Winner for sure.
Stefan, Thank you! I like the lower profile. I hadn't worn it in a while.

Your German series has been fantastic! I had forgotten about the Valetini "Superior" so great to see it again. I really like the thin ribbon bow treatment. Also nice color contrast between the ribbon and felt.

Thanks, gentlemen. These off-brand German hats are almost always very well made. Hard to resist.

Niiiice! Cool hat, Jim.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That reminds me a lot of my Dobbs Fifth Avenue that I refurbished. Same brim edge, same color combo. The felt on mine is very nice and soft too. This Dobbs came to me two sizes too small and was in pretty rough shape. I was able to reblock it to a 7 1/4. The original ribbon was too small to reuse after the reblocking and it was pretty faded and stained anyway. I found another ribbon and bow from a Stratton uniform hat that matched the color of my Dobbs perfectly. I had to rework the bow and I gave it a slight upswoop...

Before:
IMG-20181006-150949212-HDR.jpg

IMG-20181006-150936487.jpg

After: completely restyled with new ribbon work
Dobbs-5th-Ave-9-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-10-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-5-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-4-A.jpg

Dobbs-Brown-1-A.jpg

Thank you, Steve. It is! Just have to be careful not to add Austrian hats to the mix (they will have to wait).

Can't fault it, Max. Lovely hat.

You got there in the long run, Michael. That's an excellent one.

An inspiring parade of hats again, Eric. Great to see.

Almost the same, yes, but you know you're going to buy that Cavangh anyway if you find one!

The felt is its selling point, Joe. Like you say: its style is not to everyone's taste here on the lounge, but that's a high quality hat for sure. Little niggle from me: the colour is Mogano. The cord is Assab (it's a c/ and not "el"; the c standing for "cinta" -cord or ribbon).
Thanks for the info Stefan.. I figured you might chime in on it. Will make note of it.

That reminds me a lot of my Dobbs Fifth Avenue that I refurbished. Same brim edge, same color combo. The felt on mine is very nice and soft too. This Dobbs came to me two sizes too small and was in pretty rough shape. I was able to reblock it to a 7 1/4. The original ribbon was too small to reuse after the reblocking and it was pretty faded and stained anyway. I found another ribbon and bow from a Stratton uniform hat that matched the color of my Dobbs perfectly. I had to rework the bow and I gave it a slight upswoop...

Before:
IMG-20181006-150949212-HDR.jpg

IMG-20181006-150936487.jpg

After: completely restyled with new ribbon work
Dobbs-5th-Ave-9-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-10-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-5-A.jpg

Dobbs-5th-Ave-4-A.jpg

Dobbs-Brown-1-A.jpg
Excellent Terry

I couldn’t decide which of those two hats I like the best. The bucket might be more functional at the lake. But the MacLachlan sings to me. The sweet sound of music finally triumphed over smells of a fishy smelling head.
Haha. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk