Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Magnificent, Steve. For hats that were so exquisitely finished I find it remarkable how simple the ribbon and bows usually are.
Stefan, Thank you! Yes it's rare to see anything real detailed. This one is more like a knot so even more folkish which might be the intent.

Your Hückel Weilheim "Derby" is superb! I really like the silver gray band contrast with the gray felt. Hückel Weilheim was successful using such gray combos.

New to me Borsalino:

6D499B9E-D79B-4382-9994-CEF468E9914F.jpeg
5D88A90F-A80E-487B-8A92-EA4C17BEB90F.jpeg
41B7C1EB-7382-4376-AE64-3358483CE20B.jpeg

Stefan, Thank you! Yes it's rare to see anything real detailed. This one is more like a knot so even more folkish which might be the intent.

Your Hückel Weilheim "Derby" is superb! I really like the silver gray band contrast with the gray felt. Hückel Weilheim was successful using such gray combos.
Thanks, Steve. The colours do work very well with the Derby.

Looks very good on you, Brent.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 238061 View attachment 238062 View attachment 238063 View attachment 238064 View attachment 238065 Greetings All:
Today....full disclosure or maybe a confession. By definition, i’m jaded with hats. I do love hats and i really love nice hats. Mine or your’s makes little difference, i appreciate, even relish seeing a good hat. They do not have to be top dollar pieces or coveted grail birds but that helps.
I blessed myself with an excess of hats that exceeded my ability to do them justice, meaning realistically being able to wear them much less share them here. I find myself grabbing the same dozen or so hats day after day, all day, every day with little regard to many coveted ones in view. I guess i do not possess the necessary collector’s endurance and have evolved into hoarder. I’m on the lounge constantly since day one and truly enjoy every hat i see and especially the stories etc that some share with their prizes. Thank you each and every one for that.
I am not trying to be pretentious, please forgive me if it seems so.
I guess i felt the need to say this as i don’t contribute as often and wonder if other’s haven’t been of the same mind.
Anyway....today i’m sharing a skinny ribbon, raw edge, 50’s Stetson One Hundred with the little hundred guy pin that came in a case just as nice.
Perfect in every way except not worn enough.
Ok...back in my cave.
Be well and safe.
Bowen
I have felt the same way sometimes, but it goes away. Right now it's easy to feel jaded and negative about everything, Bowen.

The day will come when I can give you a big, fat, slap-in-the-back Mexican hug. Come onnnn!!! Ánimoooooo!

Hey, what is a Stetson One Hundred guy pin? I didn't even know they existed. See? I am interested already

Last edited:
Day 30 of 31 Hat Parade: I have only scratched the surface of my collection/obsession. Saving the best for last kind of left me in a lurch, so many more that deserve featuring, but no days left. Hat crazies have a term for how a felt hat feels..."hand". Sometimes hand involves lustful petting! Such is the case with this early 1950s Borsalino "Angora" in the Italian color Misto Grigio (dark gray). This long hair felt is all soft and floppy, she does what she wants, or as the wind mandates. Sold in one of the finer men's stores in Chicago in 1950-1953. The price tag show the OPS (Office of Price Stabilization during the Korean War) price of $20.00, a pricey sum to be sure. This hat is to be stroked like a sleeping kitten, looks as good as she feels.
29Nov19 Angora front 550x.jpg
29Nov19 Angora side 550x.jpg
29Nov19 Angora bow MB Pin 550x.jpg
29Nov19 Angora OPS 550x.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Day 30 of 31 Hat Parade: I have only scratched the surface of my collection/obsession. Saving the best for last kind of left me in a lurch, so many more that deserve featuring, but no days left. Hat crazies have a term for how a felt hat feels..."hand". Sometimes hand involves lustful petting! Such is the case with this early 1950s Borsalino "Angora" in the Italian color Misto Grigio (dark gray). This long hair felt is all soft and floppy, she does what she wants, or as the wind mandates. Sold in one of the finer men's stores in Chicago in 1950-1953. The price tag show the OPS (Office of Price Stabilization during the Korean War) price of $20.00, a pricey sum to be sure. This hat is to be stroked like a sleeping kitten, looks as good as she feels.
View attachment 238690 View attachment 238691 View attachment 238692 View attachment 238693
Perfect capture of the perfect sheen of a perfect hat, Mike.
Words belie this hat.
Is your’s a Gorasgu? It appears so.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have felt the same way sometimes, but it goes away. Right now it's easy to feel jaded and negative about everything, Bowen.

The day will come when I can give you a big, fat, slap-in-the-back Mexican hug. Come onnnn!!! Ánimoooooo!

Hey, what is a Stetson One Hundred guy pin? I didn't even know they existed. See? I am interested already
Thanks Max.
Wedding in Mex is postponed. Doc Kelly didn’t want fly and die.
Hundred guy is just a cool little cowboy pin that came with hat.
There’s another one in New Hats on a gorgeous 25 from @OneAndDone yesterday. Heck of a hat.

Thanks all for the kind words as always.
B

View attachment 238690 View attachment 238691 View attachment 238692 View attachment 238693
Saving the best for last... considering what you’ve posted so far. Saying a lot. This one certainly living up to that statement

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Not on par with the many treasures I see here, but I like the color of this 70s Stetson 5X for a walk to the beach.
Walked back into town and waited in line with a bunch of masked locals for my favorite spice Ahi poke bowl, and enjoyed lunch at a nearby picnic table.
IMG_8435.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8462.jpg

il_794xN.2184719461_bmiy.jpg

IMG_8465.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ