Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Irish caps go tropical.
Though not a fan of the narrow driving cap style and preferring the wider 8 panel, I decided to try out this Vintage Cap Patchwork Linen from Hanna Hats. I have owned several Donegal woven wool hats, but I am into linen these days so I thought I would give this one a go. I am glad that I did as I very much like the patchwork affect, a tradition that comes from quilting. It also gives me an idea of the different vintage linen fabrics that they might be able to make me an 8 panel cap from.

Drove all of the 2 miles instead of walking to my local beach with beach chair, cooler, and boogie board in tow, in order to catch some waves. The strap on my board broke, so I used the fins to try and do some body surfing. Most of the young teen kids on boards weren’t catching much, or were wiping out. I saw a couple of older guys with fins catch a few waves body surfing. I still don’t exactly fit in very well, but most people seem to put up with me okay. No crowds on our beaches these days, and social distancing is the norm now.
IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8584.jpeg

IMG_8583.jpeg

IMG_8602.jpeg

Wow! All you did was brush it out? It looks beautiful! Well done sir.
Thank you Alan! Believe me... I was surprised. I thought it was some kinda fungus.. looked like kinda web patterns in the photos. Figured it was going to need a good scrubbing with a wet sponge and maybe A bit of soap... really hoped that was all it needed. So I was pleasantly surprised when most if it started to come off when I stared brushing. Had to get slightly aggressive and use a couple different techniques.. but a good percentage cleaned up well just from brushing. There are a couple very small spots left that could use more work.. or maybe a damp sponge. But really looks good as is now.

Rumad

One Too Many
Thank you Alan! Believe me... I was surprised. I thought it was some kinda fungus.. looked like kinda web patterns in the photos. Figured it was going to need a good scrubbing with a wet sponge and maybe A bit of soap... really hoped that was all it needed. So I was pleasantly surprised when most if it started to come off when I stared brushing. Had to get slightly aggressive and use a couple different techniques.. but a good percentage cleaned up well just from brushing. There are a couple very small spots left that could use more work.. or maybe a damp sponge. But really looks good as is now.
Amazing, you really got lucky. It looked like mold to me too.

Irish caps go tropical.
Though not a fan of the narrow driving cap style and preferring the wider 8 panel, I decided to try out this Vintage Cap Patchwork Linen from Hanna Hats. I have owned several Donegal woven wool hats, but I am into linen these days so I thought I would give this one a go. I am glad that I did as I very much like the patchwork affect, a tradition that comes from quilting. It also gives me an idea of the different vintage linen fabrics that they might be able to make me an 8 panel cap from.

Drove all of the 2 miles instead of walking to my local beach with beach chair, cooler, and boogie board in tow, in order to catch some waves. The strap on my board broke, so I used the fins to try and do some body surfing. Most of the young teen kids on boards weren’t catching much, or were wiping out. I saw a couple of older guys with fins catch a few waves body surfing. I still don’t exactly fit in very well, but most people seem to put up with me okay. No crowds on our beaches these days, and social distancing is the norm now.
View attachment 239464
View attachment 239465
View attachment 239467
View attachment 239468
View attachment 239469
Great looking cap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk