Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Great looking hat! Maybe someday I will get up the courage to try a rehab.
It’s definitely fun! But not easy.
I ruined many a hat in the process of learning. Thankfully, back in my experimenting days, most hats I messed up were 60/70s stingy brims.
‘Course, stingy lovers won’t care to hear that. :)
And it upped my game to finally find hat rehab info on the Lounge!

My work for today pretty much started last night when my wife sounded the alarm that the kitchen sink was clogged up. Plunger, draino, removing the p-trap and a quick trip to Lowe’s for a 25ft drain snake to no avail set the stage for today. Back to the store for. 50ft 1/2 inch auger . 50 feet into the drain and still blocked. A bit of patience and perseverance let me find about 6 to 8 feet of pulled pork packed In the drain line like a sausage fished out about an ounce at a time From about 15 to 20 feet down stream of the clean out valve. It was what I imagine ice fishing would be like... only in 85 to 90 degree weather. Finally around 2 PM.. victory! Drain cleared.

None of my hats had the misfortune of be saddled with this dirty job. But when I finished. I figured keep the party goin with some yard work.. and some chainsaw action till dinner. The Stetson Panamore got the call on that duty.

28670D1F-7A9B-4A01-BDCA-8DBF3E5678B7.jpeg
E7A07CBD-D9E2-4FEE-A42B-95125D8B42F9.jpeg

After a much needed and well earned shower got to enjoy the last moments of the day with a new arrival Stetson plaid wool flat cap. Really like this one.

4C8B0F8C-F40B-4A77-BC8C-39CEA9D3C5EF.jpeg
9684F557-51E7-41CC-85B1-384135AD15E0.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
My work for today pretty much started last night when my wife sounded the alarm that the kitchen sink was clogged up. Plunger, draino, removing the p-trap and a quick trip to Lowe’s for a 25ft drain snake to no avail set the stage for today. Back to the store for. 50ft 1/2 inch auger . 50 feet into the drain and still blocked. A bit of patience and perseverance let me find about 6 to 8 feet of pulled pork packed In the drain line like a sausage fished out about an ounce at a time From about 15 to 20 feet down stream of the clean out valve. It was what I imagine ice fishing would be like... only in 85 to 90 degree weather. Finally around 2 PM.. victory! Drain cleared.

None of my hats had the misfortune of be saddled with this dirty job. But when I finished. I figured keep the party goin with some yard work.. and some chainsaw action till dinner. The Stetson Panamore got the call on that duty.

View attachment 268379 View attachment 268378

After a much needed and well earned shower got to enjoy the last moments of the day with a new arrival Stetson plaid wool flat cap. Really like this one.

View attachment 268381 View attachment 268382
PULLED PORK!?! LMAO.

J. Hückel ´s Söhne "Flexible" "Seal Velour", probably later 1930s. The color is a Dark Chocolate Brown that absorbs all light so very difficult to photograph. This hat had a Crease Clip because there is a deep crease is still present in the Crown.

50434619116_2764cc7baa_b.jpg

50434642156_35019f9ce2_b.jpg

50434821007_d5e7146cdc_b.jpg

50434830892_64e59d787a_b.jpg

50434836317_80b0f3d400_b.jpg

J. Hückel ´s Söhne Promo Pocket Mirror from Huthase (from the same time period) with a similar style hat (Color, Form).

38318828481_d70675d893_b.jpg

Silver-Wolf

One of the Regulars
Nice. Tell us about the hat.

RsaP16z.jpg

Just an Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn-Fawn which I'm sure most of us are familiar with and my own bling as always. Little side bit of info on the bling, most of the feathers in my hats come from rescued Raptors (Birds of Prey).

These are from a Barn Owl, well two in fact as each feather represents a saved and released bird.

But the exciting news is the Mrs said she got me a new fedora for Xmas yesterday...can't wait. All I know is that it's going to be a light grey.

Last edited:

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Thanks again for the great compliment, Hat Rack. Sorry for not knowing your name.
No problem, and no worries. Although I get on here nearly every day, I don't often contribute mostly because I don't have a lot to offer. I don't own a lot of quality hats, and my expertise is dwarfed by the wonderful folks here. So I get it if I'm not necessarily a "familiar face." In any case, keep up the good work. My name is Ryan btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21