Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Here's one. Borsalino Calvino Open Crown. This might be Borsalino's least expensive? Super light at 2.7 ounces. Brim is 2 1/4". Cloth sweatband. Very malleable. The color is lighter than any other Borsalino I have come across in brown. Size 57. I like that I forget I have it on. View attachment 155952 View attachment 155953 View attachment 155954 View attachment 155955

Its a fun hat; just bought one myself.
Tried to find a decent quality hat that I can travel with, crush, and still wear.
This works and as you say, I forget I’m wearing it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Mike. Can't wait to see your choice for the grocery store.

Now this is a truly wonderful Homburg! That color has my blue juices bubbling, now what to wear today to the grocery store? One of my favorites Steve.

Saw this one on Facebook last night. I have had a Flagship on my want list for a long while now. This one is so great.

Your cap parade has really got me wanting some "winter" weight caps. I don't need another obsession though, thanks for that Eric.

Very nice Fabio. That watch is so cool. I assume it is of European origin?

Blue is the color for today I think. You are always an inspiration Eric!

Very cool Bob, I just love the fuzzy ones. This one looks very pettable.

Whippet good! The leather trench looks like a winner. Wish I could find one in my size.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon, by pure chance, I returned to the paths of my childhood.
During an early afternoon walk in the valley where I live, I ventured on what used to be a road, now a path between falling trees, thorns and mud
Meer Grigio 1.jpg
I was wearing a French town hat from the thirties, certainly not in line with the situation
Meer Grigio 6.jpg
"A. Meer" without any other indication. Felt is made of a mixture of wool and fur. Arrived new some years ago.
Meer Grigio 56jpg.jpg
Luck would have it that I met a childhood friend of mine intent on clearing an uncultivated land owned by the family. It must have been fifty years since I entered that property which is leaning against the hill and has, inside, a tuff quarry, used by my friend's father as a donkey farm.
Meer Grigio preara.jpg

The last ones donkeys here in the valley up to twenty years ago
Meer Grigio 7.jpg
The sun was almost hot and the trees had yellow and red leaves on the paths when I was a child
Have a nice day!

During an early afternoon walk in the valley where I live, I ventured on what used to be a road, now a path between falling trees, thorns and mud
View attachment 275457
I was wearing a French town hat from the thirties, certainly not in line with the situation
View attachment 275458 "A. Meer" without any other indication. Felt is made of a mixture of wool and fur. Arrived new some years ago.
View attachment 275459
Luck would have it that I met a childhood friend of mine intent on clearing an uncultivated land owned by the family. It must have been fifty years since I entered that property which is leaning against the hill and has, inside, a tuff quarry, used by my friend's father as a donkey farm.
View attachment 275460
View attachment 275461 The sun was almost hot and the trees had yellow and red leaves on the paths when I was a child
Have a nice day!
A walk down memory lane is always a good thing Daniele. Love the crown height on that French beauty.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 275457
View attachment 275458 "A. Meer" without any other indication. Felt is made of a mixture of wool and fur. Arrived new some years ago.
View attachment 275459
View attachment 275460
View attachment 275461 The sun was almost hot and the trees had yellow and red leaves on the paths when I was a child
Have a nice day!
Beautiful hat as always, Daniele.
But what a wonderful story and day for you. It’s not often we get to return to our childhood days and to run into a childhood friend, what a blessing. I always enjoy your adventures. Thanks for sharing this one.
Stay well and safe.
Bowen

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A walk down memory lane is always a good thing Daniele. Love the crown height on that French beauty.
Thanks Michael. The walk in the memories is somenthing peacefull
Beautiful hat as always, Daniele.
But what a wonderful story and day for you. It’s not often we get to return to our childhood days and to run into a childhood friend, what a blessing. I always enjoy your adventures. Thanks for sharing this one.
Stay well and safe.
Bowen
Bowen thanks for your words.
Today was an unexpected afternoon and therefore magical despite the white beard and a few years too many on the hump

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Great Whippet Michael, especially the colour. Super ensemble, too. The leather trench coat is just the icing on the cake. Love it!
Stay warm, sir.

IMG_6877 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6876 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6874 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_6847 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
10-29-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Cool and very breezy today. So I pulled out a leather trench to cut the winds
IMG_6863 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Thursday,
Michael

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 275457
View attachment 275459
View attachment 275460
Have a nice day!
I know it’s Italy, not Spain, but I fully expected to see Don Quixote ride into shot in that valley. Beautiful!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Super looking 1930s French hat, Daniele. The perfect hat to wear on a trip down memory lane.
Thanks for sharing it and your story.

View attachment 275457
View attachment 275459
View attachment 275460
Have a nice day!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great Whippet Michael, especially the colour. Super ensemble, too. The leather trench coat is just the icing on the cake. Love it!
Stay warm, sir.
Thanks Steve. It was actually quite nice here today, save for the cold north wind. And the leather took care of that. I took the ensemble out for a bit of shopping at Walmart and Aldi. Ha ha.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points