Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

PanosChris

Practically Family
Hi Panos. Great to see you around. You're looking as good and sharp as ever.
Super looking petting Homburg. I can't make out the maker. Is it a Stetson?
Thanks Steve! Nope, it says MM Thompson CO, I had the feeling that is British, but I found the United Hatters of Noth America label inside, so...

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Mode edge and some nice greys. I like it!
Thanks Stefan.

Makes me gasp in awe every time I see it (and I see quite a few Borsalinos from my own collection).
Thanks Stefan. It is probably my favorite block and flange.

Italian week is not over by a long ways. I have been neglecting the lounge this week a bit. Scientists were discussing if the sun even came up at all in the Netherlands these last few days; evidence was inconclusive!
To catch up I'll need two parts.

Borsalino Gulaela nero (qualitá extra superiore).
View attachment 286264 View attachment 286269

Lavorazione Speciale "rotto", restored by Fleur of Penumbra. Only later found out that these hats were made by Borsalino.

View attachment 286265

View attachment 286271

Borsalino Faunosca Averla
View attachment 286266 View attachment 286268

Borsalino Gulaela nero (not a doubling; I have several of these). This one is qualita superiore.

View attachment 286267 View attachment 286270
A great lineup this week. I like that Faunosca a lot. And the green one. Ha ha.

Thanks,
Michael

C59C5450-385B-48AA-97BD-7955D999CE9C.jpeg

Royal De Luxe Stetson St Regis Homburg
5 1/2 crown
1 3/4 black grosgrain ribbon
2 3/8 - 2 1/4 dimensional brim to curl with 1/2 grey grosgrain binding

Ive had my eye out for a St Regis for while. This one arrived a bit wonky at the base of the crown. So I set out with a nice boiling pot and got to work. I think it shaped up nicely. I’m not sure what cause the misshapen crown. Could have been a slight shrinking of the sweat.. but I don’t think so as the size seemed fine. In the end... I’m gonna go with. Stacking... as the culprit for the weird shape. Seems as plausible a reason as any. But whatever the reason. It’s mostly gone now.

Really happy with this one

7B841E97-A456-4C2F-9D05-B1FF9D70F034.jpeg
844FE032-1267-4E67-A4DE-5699B374061C.jpeg
671F5986-FAF5-44D3-8303-8C50F4EC8915.jpeg
9718116A-79A2-4E80-8CD3-8A7C542914E3.jpeg
A59F5638-E846-4083-80A7-3D08CF90488A.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
View attachment 286312
5 1/2 crown

Ive had my eye out for a St Regis for while. This one arrived a bit wonky at the base of the crown. So I set out with a nice boiling pot and got to work. I think it shaped up nicely. I’m not sure what cause the misshapen crown. Could have been a slight shrinking of the sweat.. but I don’t think so as the size seemed fine. In the end... I’m gonna go with. Stacking... as the culprit for the weird shape. Seems as plausible a reason as any. But whatever the reason. It’s mostly gone now.

View attachment 286313 View attachment 286314 View attachment 286315 View attachment 286316 View attachment 286317
Came out great, Joe. Looks awesome on you too.

Last edited:
View attachment 286312
5 1/2 crown

View attachment 286313 View attachment 286314 View attachment 286315 View attachment 286316 View attachment 286317
How could someone not like a homburg like that?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That's Duke of Dalton. Please don't pad my resume, good sir. :cool:
Is that Duke pronounced Dyuke or Duke pronounced Dook? Before you adopt an aristocratic title, remember The Grand Old Duke Of York. He had a few ups & downs.
Just so that you know how to give us minions the put down here's what a Duke is, does and expects:

"Duke (from the Latin dux, leader). This is the highest and most important rank of the peerage, just one step down from monarch. Since its inception in the 14th century, there have been less than 500 dukes. Currently there are just 27 dukedoms in the peerage, held by 24 different people. The correct way to formally address a duke or duchess is ‘Your Grace’. The eldest son of a duke will use one of the duke’s subsidiary titles, whilst other children will use the honorary title ‘Lord’ or ‘Lady’ in front of their Christian names."

The Shoe

One Too Many
Italian week is not over by a long ways. I have been neglecting the lounge this week a bit. Scientists were discussing if the sun even came up at all in the Netherlands these last few days; evidence was inconclusive!
To catch up I'll need two parts.

Borsalino Gulaela nero (qualitá extra superiore).
View attachment 286264 View attachment 286269

Lavorazione Speciale "rotto", restored by Fleur of Penumbra. Only later found out that these hats were made by Borsalino.

View attachment 286265

View attachment 286271

Borsalino Faunosca Averla
View attachment 286266 View attachment 286268

Borsalino Gulaela nero (not a doubling; I have several of these). This one is qualita superiore.

View attachment 286267 View attachment 286270
I can see why you would want several.
“I don’t like green hats” he says......

excellent hat parade today Stefan
Literally everyone in the Lounge is thinking the same thing!

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Is that Duke pronounced Dyuke or Duke pronounced Dook? Before you adopt an aristocratic title, remember The Grand Old Duke Of York. He had a few ups & downs.
Just so that you know how to give us minions the put down here's what a Duke is, does and expects:

"Duke (from the Latin dux, leader). This is the highest and most important rank of the peerage, just one step down from monarch. Since its inception in the 14th century, there have been less than 500 dukes. Currently there are just 27 dukedoms in the peerage, held by 24 different people. The correct way to formally address a duke or duchess is ‘Your Grace’. The eldest son of a duke will use one of the duke’s subsidiary titles, whilst other children will use the honorary title ‘Lord’ or ‘Lady’ in front of their Christian names."

:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner