Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Atq1LyN.jpg

tKWnkPq.jpg

Modern Stetson Stratoliner in Silverbelly. Got it a couple of years ago.
Great Strat!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Not leaving the bunker today. Yesterday I ventured out to the Home Depot and groceries. Wore a rather casual Stetson Royal Deluxe Porkpie back bow c.1958. Stingy, but very a period piece. It is of note that even when the styles were changing, the higher end, full featured hats were still being made. I have been kind of a shoe fetishist of late, I had the first test drive of a pair of Nubuck oxfords made by a OOP company, Walk-over. I got these specifically for summer wear with seersucker and linen suits.

View attachment 287911 View attachment 287913 View attachment 287914 View attachment 287916 View attachment 287918 View attachment 287920
Great hat. Awesome shoes Mike!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
So good to see you looking chipper with a great hat on Bill. I miss you.

Art's great ribbon work makes this lid soar Brent. Made me smile this morning.

Nice looking Gannon. I'll have to drag out my navy to wear soon. I like the ribbon treatment.

I worry about my FL friends on the east coast. Our numbers are not great here in Oregon, but WOW, you guys are in real danger out there. Don't let those covid bugs sully that beautiful OR! Stay safe.

Perfect look for a Whippet Wednesday Michael. Love the color of this one, very versatile.

This is probably the most beautiful Homburg in captivity Eric. It really gets my heart rate up! Thanks for the cardio this morning, I needed it.

I now have the vision in my head of everyone in Walmart wearing THONGS under their grubby clothes. Thanks for that...
Stay safe Mike!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Great Strat Steven! Do you have any pics of your Cougar? When I was a kid my dad had a '67 390 Fairlane GTA and a '69 Torino Cobra 428. Both long gone.

Dave, those were some great cars your father had. Currently between my brother and myself we have four 1st generation Cougars. My 1967 390, two 1968 XR7G’s, and a 1968 standard that I’m converting into a convertible.

3771A899-216D-4B5B-932D-2A065CE0BECD.jpeg

Steven

That is one nice and new Borsalino type for me, Joe. Obviously (well) made for the American marketing. Love everything about it from the look of the felt, colour, the thin ribbon, the liner, and tall crown.
Thank you Steve. I really do love this hat. This hat was the one from the summer where I was mistakenly shipped a bait bucket and another gentleman received this hat instead of his bucket. Luckily all three parties were able to come together to get this on to where it needed to go and was not used as a bait bucket! The beautiful red Borsalino box did not fair as well. But the hat was the real prize.

It’s a thick wonderful felt

Mm25

One Too Many
BB8B46BD-76E2-4A86-ACC5-C2BCE7C31022.jpeg
5C22F149-9A71-4227-BCFB-3213AA985520.jpeg
9A2E7435-E6A1-4DEE-B165-ECCD1ABB6EEB.jpeg
Not leaving the bunker today. Yesterday I ventured out to the Home Depot and groceries. Wore a rather casual Stetson Royal Deluxe Porkpie back bow c.1958. Stingy, but very a period piece. It is of note that even when the styles were changing, the higher end, full featured hats were still being made. I have been kind of a shoe fetishist of late, I had the first test drive of a pair of Nubuck oxfords made by a OOP company, Walk-over. I got these specifically for summer wear with seersucker and linen suits.

View attachment 287911 View attachment 287913 View attachment 287914 View attachment 287916 View attachment 287918 View attachment 287920
Red,
How have I never noticed this hat before?
I have it’s twin. One of the first vintage hats I ever purchased. It came with the lining falling out so I pulled it out and threw it away . Before I knew any better. Lol. One of one pork pies I own and one of two backbows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles