Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

C. G. Wilke "Flamand" possibly late 1920s. "Flamand" is unshorned Velour and in this case some great felt.

50716576106_32720140d7_b.jpg

50716690986_c32406158a_b.jpg

50716781192_fdf7d18eed_b.jpg

50715973418_7c199e6e7f_b.jpg

50716718156_71f2647edc_b.jpg

"Wilke Hüte" "Awarding Brand Since 1822" "Available In All Better Hat Shops", Print Advertisement (1929)

7280592496_342dbf156d_b.jpg

Kicking off StingeMas Stingy Week hoping for a stingy performance for my Miami Dolphins defense against the number one offense and defending Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs. Hehe. Lots of luck :)

Black Cavanagh with 1 7/8 brim sporting a Cavanagh edge. I stingily covered up the 1 7/8 black grosgrain ribbon with my home made Dolphins colors ribbon held on with a couple magnets. This one I found with my own initials in it an also gifted me a not to stingy Dobbs Guild edge along it it

And as I type this Patrick Mahomes is picked off by Byron Jones... so your telling me there’s a chance!

Who else wants to join @Redfokker and I in the spreading the Stingy Cheer?
I'll be here shortly, I can spread the stingyspirit this season. Love the look of this Cavanagh, the Dolphins will surely win now!

Happy StingeMas! View attachment 289178 View attachment 289179 View attachment 289180 View attachment 289181 View attachment 289182 View attachment 289183 View attachment 289184 View attachment 289185 View attachment 289186 View attachment 289178 View attachment 289181 View attachment 289182 View attachment 289183 View attachment 289184 View attachment 289185 View attachment 289180 View attachment 289186
And to you and yours, and your slim brims as well.

LEO
IMG_8182 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Did Borsalino do all of the signs of the Zodiac?
IMG_8181 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8180 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8179 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
12-13-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Bringing out the big guns on the Sunday! Love this Borsolino Lobbia on you Michael.

Post lunch walkabout through the neighborhood. A VS (silverbelly beaver) gilled fedora that took inspiration from the Adam Pacestter in like felt hue.

C1FB9966-9753-445B-99F4-D3CD20CE38CD-M.jpg

Home and filling bird feeders and checking the ice thickness on the lake in a Royal DeLuxe Stetson Turf Club.

FC6A359B-234D-4C6F-AFE7-4C3D638D1F88-M.jpg

Cheers on this cool December Sunday, Eric -
Cheers as well Eric. Love the ribbon treatment on the VS. Nothing cooooler!

It is so good to see you Bill! You rock that Bowler! Scott & Co. is one of those English brands that I don't have in my collection. I love it. We are still not having in church services in house yet. I miss it so.

-25deg Celsius as a high today. So it’s Toque weather until I get used to it.
View attachment 289333

View attachment 289334
this is when my kids tell me I look like Harry Lime from home alone.
View attachment 289335
Enjoy the season, make the best of it what you can.
Johnny
At -25 degrees you are excused from wearing a fedora, I absolve you.

A little light through the grey gloom shone today.
So thought it time to bring out the Moores.
View attachment 289341 View attachment 289343
Absolutely love this one Steve! With that overcoat, you have the total package.

In solidarity with Joe McCarthy of Fedora Lounge fame, I begin my submissions to "Stingy-mas" for this season. Had to go to the store to get what I forgot yesterday (yes, at my age YOU DO have to write it down) so I thought it would be a perfect trip for a "slim-brim" hat. This longhair nap is by Penn-Craft, of England. The brand was a 1930s American brand bought up by Stetson. They sold the name to a British manufacturer (can't remember the name) and they resurrected the brand. This hat was made in 1962. It is also the only hat I have with a feather still in it. It was asking for one...

13Dec20 Penn Craft front smile 550x.jpg
21Dec18 Penn Craft profile 550x.jpg
12Sep18 Penn Craft logo 400x.jpg
28Oct18 Penn Craft Liner 450x.jpg

ETBass

One of the Regulars
In solidarity with Joe McCarthy of Fedora Lounge fame, I begin my submissions to "Stingy-mas" for this season. Had to go to the store to get what I forgot yesterday (yes, at my age YOU DO have to write it down) so I thought it would be a perfect trip for a "slim-brim" hat. This longhair nap is by Penn-Craft, of England. The brand was a 1930s American brand bought up by Stetson. They sold the name to a British manufacturer (can't remember the name) and they resurrected the brand. This hat was made in 1962. It is also the only hat I have with a feather still in it. It was asking for one...

View attachment 289366 View attachment 289367 View attachment 289368 View attachment 289369
Looks good on you!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Tried and true is grand. You wear it proudly.

Your wife and yourself look sharp for your shopping escapade. Sponge rings - congrats. They are so practical.

You are looking spiffy sir. Cheers.

Good to see your stingy brim this morning. What is not to like about the vintage OR's!

Hey 1st pic you are winking at us! Strong and assertive front pinch on your Fed. Very Dr.Jones of you.

Gills draw the eye's attention. Marathon hats are grand fedoras.

I smile when you dress your hat up for game day. I hope you are enjoying the game today.

Looking all warm and toasty today. Cheers.

Bill; Good to see you up and moving around. Thanks for sharing the bowler.

Light snow flurries found me back outside. Restless, I took the dog for a walk through the woods. A Gannan (blue mist Playboy inspired fedora) was my choice. This early snow is a bit wet and the hat and jacket needed to dry.

66BE8081-F605-4344-9479-D31996CE21DC-M.jpg

Back home I removed the light snow dusting from the driveway and walkways using our leaf blower. Boy am I glad that I opted for the powerful leaf blower. I wore a Gannon Wanderer (moss green beaver felt inspired by the Stetson of said name).

E27DD286-0CD3-432F-B509-E6A103D392FD-M.jpg

The temp dropped and the snow crystals are fun to examine.

DSC04637-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -
Now y’all may think I’m kidding, but I live where it hardly ever snows, so keep that in mind when I tell you that the individual, artistic like snow flake crystals, as clearly seen on Eric’s killer Wanderer clone in the last pic, are the first time I’ve ever actually seen them! Far as I knew the only way those things were optically discernible was with the use of a telescope.
I had no idea those intricate and delicate things got that big. Neat!

I’m STILL glad it doesn’t snow much around here, though. :)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And to you and yours, and your slim brims as well.

Bringing out the big guns on the Sunday! Love this Borsolino Lobbia on you Michael.

Cheers as well Eric. Love the ribbon treatment on the VS. Nothing cooooler!

It is so good to see you Bill! You rock that Bowler! Scott & Co. is one of those English brands that I don't have in my collection. I love it. We are still not having in church services in house yet. I miss it so.

At -25 degrees you are excused from wearing a fedora, I absolve you.

Absolutely love this one Steve! With that overcoat, you have the total package.
At least I haven’t broke out the Ushanka yet.
Johnny

View attachment 289366 View attachment 289367 View attachment 289368 View attachment 289369
Very nice Mike

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, gents, for the kind words! I'm glad to be able to share a little bit with you all, as I'm both humbled and inspired by the contributions of fellow Loungers.

@BobHufford, all the credit goes to Mother Nature for the sky and my new phone for the pic. My previous phone was 6+ years old and had been on the fritz for the better part of a year. I finally bit the bullet on a Cyber Monday deal. Though a woolie, this old 4x7 Sears Carlsbad is like a grand prize for making all the ping pong balls.

@bowlerman, it's great to see you posting more regularly again, Jeff. Hopefully you've been able to find an outlet for your music during these difficult times. As for the locks, COVID hair don't care. My wife showed me a pic from last Christmas and I realized it's been over a year now since my last haircut. Hasn't been this long since my days at university when I grew it out twice for Locks of Love:
IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

Let it go, let it grow!

Funny what small kids think their parents look like. Keeps us humble.
Super hat and coat again.
B

Jeeeez, Jonathan! That is one fine western worn well and paired very well with that plaid jacket. You and Ross make me want to play dress up, too!! Doubt my ability to own it like y’all do, though.
Also, the Top hat and outfit looked awesome!

@TheOldFashioned that whole outfit is smashing!!

That hat against that sky ... what a great photo! If you look like a clown then "we're all Bozos on this bus".

Gotta say I really like the look all around, and I'd be flattered if any of my kids ever said anything close to that, even if in the end they put on a clown suit! Great hat. Great coat. And it has been years, but now I want to grow my hair long again. Ha.

The hairy, green Dobbs was the hat of choice again.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 288528
The photo is from yesterday while, waiting for the rain to stop, I dedicated myself to dusting and rediscovering some forgotten hats among the many that keep me company in my office.
View attachment 288529
I made some very bad pictures for a formerly advertising photographer for more than forty years:(
View attachment 288530
This is my office with the hats containers: two wardrobes and a series of vintage boxes and very trivial boxes.
View attachment 288531
As you can see, I also have a series of window displays that keep company with a plaster statue of Ettore Colla, an Italian futurist sculptor and a painting from the Roman school of the 1600s. It is the martyrdom of Saint Catherine of Alexandria plus the facsimile of the Borsalino awards:rolleyes:
View attachment 288532
The studio is much neater when hat season is in sleep, we are now in full swing
View attachment 288533
Now it is dark to photograph the hat of the day so thank you for your likes and good day to all
View attachment 288534

I think this may be the first time I've seen you without a hat, Daniele. Thank you for the inside peek.

View attachment 288538 Refurbed very late 50s Strat.
Used to belong to my B-I-L’s Granddad.
Twas in dire shape.
Alas, I had to use a wider ribbon, but it looks nice and at least saved from never worn by most anyone status. View attachment 288536 View attachment 288537

Great hat and job as always, Randall, on the refurb.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Looking all warm and toasty today. Cheers.

Light snow flurries found me back outside. Restless, I took the dog for a walk through the woods. A Gannan (blue mist Playboy inspired fedora) was my choice. This early snow is a bit wet and the hat and jacket needed to dry.

66BE8081-F605-4344-9479-D31996CE21DC-M.jpg

Back home I removed the light snow dusting from the driveway and walkways using our leaf blower. Boy am I glad that I opted for the powerful leaf blower. I wore a Gannon Wanderer (moss green beaver felt inspired by the Stetson of said name).

E27DD286-0CD3-432F-B509-E6A103D392FD-M.jpg

The temp dropped and the snow crystals are fun to examine.

DSC04637-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -
Thanks Eric, I was toasty. Good to see your snow drought has ended. Ha ha. You brought a lot of fine hats out to play, as usual.

Thanks Mike. It was a local find from a year or two ago. You are looking good with the stingies lately.

Thanks,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters