Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rumad

One Too Many
Royal Stetson Playboy

View attachment 304184

Royal Stetson Playboy
Lightweight black felt
5 inch crown as shaped
3/4 inch grosgrain mid ribbon
2 1/8 raw edge brim

Of the nine mystery hats I had coming all I knew was that one of them was a Playboy. So why not start here. A super dusty black Royal Stetson Playboy. I think it cleaned up rather nicely though. Did not find a manufacturing tag under the sweat only the reorder tag... but I would guess this one about 1950s vintage. Correct me if I’m wrong there. There is no edge stitching on the 2 1/8 raw brim but the profile definitely has that Playboy look. What is next from the mystery box?

View attachment 304186 View attachment 304187 View attachment 304188 View attachment 304189 View attachment 304190 View attachment 304191 View attachment 304192 View attachment 304193 View attachment 304194
Super job on the cleanup Joe. Great hat.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Royal Stetson Playboy

View attachment 304184

Royal Stetson Playboy
Lightweight black felt
5 inch crown as shaped
2 1/8 raw edge brim

Of the nine mystery hats I had coming all I knew was that one of them was a Playboy. So why not start here. A super dusty black Royal Stetson Playboy. I think it cleaned up rather nicely though. Did not find a manufacturing tag under the sweat only the reorder tag... but I would guess this one about 1950s vintage. Correct me if I’m wrong there. There is no edge stitching on the 2 1/8 raw brim but the profile definitely has that Playboy look. What is next from the mystery box?

View attachment 304186 View attachment 304187 View attachment 304188 View attachment 304189 View attachment 304190 View attachment 304191 View attachment 304192 View attachment 304193 View attachment 304194
Great looking black Playboy, Joe!
Though Stetson seemed to perform Unexpected, or different things with some of their named hats and this could be one of them, I’d suspect someone cut the brim back a bit on that one...maybe?
Makes me desire an answer this question: could custom hat orders be made on named hats from Stetson and other big name brands?

Looking forward to the next 8!

Great looking black Playboy, Joe!
Though Stetson seemed to perform Unexpected, or different things with some of their named hats and this could be one of them, I’d suspect someone cut the brim back a bit on that one...maybe?
Makes me desire an answer this question: could custom hat orders be made on named hats from Stetson and other big name brands?

Looking forward to the next 8!
Thank you Randall. Anything is possible. My grey one is 2 1/4 with a single row of stitching right at about 1/8 from the edge.

That’s what I mean. Most had that feature...but a few didn’t.
Right. In this case if it was trimmed I would think you’d have to take slightly more than 1/8 to trim off the stitching. If it was trimmed maybe it started more than 2 1/4 I think I saw someone post one with a raw edge though.

Loving this Playboy Air-Light inside and out.

012521_2.jpg

012521_3.jpg

012521_4.jpg

012521_1.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today a splendid sunny day and then, after three years sleeping a peaceful sleep, here it is the first of the lobbia Borsalino
BorsaAntico 1.jpg

This is one of the best hats I own :) For the first time I wear it because its time has come
BorsaAntico 7.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 6 1/2 even if inside it is labeled 7, in fact it is slightly wide.
BorsaAntico 6 bis.jpg
The felt is a feather and super malleable, its color is "Airone" the ribbon is "Aligi" and the type of hat is "Ledasti". It comes from the large "Matthias Hutter" deposit in Merano and is probably one of the oldest among the remains that I have cataloged and evaluated
BorsaAntico 4 bis.jpg
Maybe someone will think I should have worn it immediately, instead I kept it for its day which is today, however I will photograph it alone, for lovers of Borsalino hats.
The shape and ribbon are unique and was probably made in the 1920s.
BorsaAntico 3 bis.jpg

Have a nice Monday!
Thanks for the likes on the "Diplomatique" series

Today a splendid sunny day and then, after three years sleeping a peaceful sleep, here it is the first of the lobbia Borsalino
View attachment 304339
This is one of the best hats I own :) For the first time I wear it because its time has come
View attachment 304340
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 6 1/2 even if inside it is labeled 7, in fact it is slightly wide.
View attachment 304341 The felt is a feather and super malleable, its color is "Airone" the ribbon is "Aligi" and the type of hat is "Ledasti". It comes from the large "Matthias Hutter" deposit in Merano and is probably one of the oldest among the remains that I have cataloged and evaluated
View attachment 304342 Maybe someone will think I should have worn it immediately, instead I kept it for its day which is today, however I will photograph it alone, for lovers of Borsalino hats.
View attachment 304343
Have a nice Monday!

Glorious!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 304339
View attachment 304340
View attachment 304341 The felt is a feather and super malleable, its color is "Airone" the ribbon is "Aligi" and the type of hat is "Ledasti". It comes from the large "Matthias Hutter" deposit in Merano and is probably one of the oldest among the remains that I have cataloged and evaluated
View attachment 304342 Maybe someone will think I should have worn it immediately, instead I kept it for its day which is today, however I will photograph it alone, for lovers of Borsalino hats.
View attachment 304343
Have a nice Monday!

Totally worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Eric -

View attachment 304339
View attachment 304340
View attachment 304343
Have a nice Monday!
What a wonderful hat Daniele. I can see how happy it makes you to finally wear this one.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino. I just don't have the heart to pull that basting stitch out. For me, it's part of its history -:) View attachment 304093 View attachment 304094
Excellent combination, Steve. Hat, coat and scarf. I leave the basting stitch in as well if it's there.

Nice and fluffy, Brent.

Thank you Stefan. Wonderful French entrants from you today!
Thanks, Joe.

Thanks Panos. I'm liking today's combo quite well. I'd only worn this jacket a couple of times, but I'm liking more every time I get it out.

That is hard to believe, Stefan. Perhaps the all knowing misto can point you towards one?

That is a superb hat, Panos. But if you wear that to take out the trash, what do you wear to do the dishes? A golden crown?

I'm liking that Flechet velour a lot Stefan.

The Flecked Fur is very cool, Brent. Makes a great looking hat.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. I've asked the Borsalino but it only speaks Italian!

I love winter: all the fluffy felt comes out. Very nice, Reggie.

Royal Stetson Playboy

View attachment 304184

Royal Stetson Playboy
Lightweight black felt
5 inch crown as shaped
2 1/8 raw edge brim

Helluva start, Joe!

Outstanding, Alan.

View attachment 304339
View attachment 304340
View attachment 304343
Have a nice Monday!
Spectacular!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ