Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey people!
Dobbs Game Bird Guild Edge from the late 40's on a sunny Sunday. Because everybody knows...

bfa080599e28e2f8437b10a5593e829e.jpg
e162b309cfac04d772671cdca4ce535f.jpg
2c599e3f5c359aff110a3c97219de03d.jpg
148957c1800f2db721f5a04868c90301.jpg

Have a ducky day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Took the new Barbisio for a spin this morning. After some nudging of the sweat, it fits nicely. The felt on this one is incredible! Very, very soft to the point of being on the floppy side. It takes an organic grab pinch to the center dent well. The brim has a nice droop, not a snap, a droop. The name of this hat is not on the sweat or in the meager tag. All it has is the color "Brera".

View attachment 136883 View attachment 136884 View attachment 136885 View attachment 136886
Great looking fedora Red, channeling your inner Sam Spade....nicely done.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
View attachment 136869 View attachment 136870 View attachment 136871 View attachment 136872 View attachment 136873 Greetings All:
Today it’s the brother from another mother to the one i posted a couple days ago.
From the black curly brim, dents and kicks stable. You just gotta love a hat that comes from a Dry Goods Store.
Stetson No.1, 31/2”curled, 4” uncurled, 6 cord.
I don’t think this one ever saw the light of day because it is faultless!
Be well. Bowen
Dang Bowen, If that's a 7 1/4 I may have to visit WVA

Trimmigrants. Had to look it up.
That was a new one on me too. I thought it was a reference to traveling barbers.

...I am surprised to hear that back surgery is still unpredictable. From what I heard from my friends, I thought technology had overcome that.
Sadly, no, at least not here in the U.S.. As I understand it, medical science still doesn't have a complete understanding of the human nervous system; if it did, they could cure paralysis and any number of other neurological conditions. Before my back surgery in 2004 I was advised it would probably help, might not change anything, or that there was a slim possibility it might make things worse. The pain I now experience daily is considerably less than it was before the surgery, but having to deal with it day after day for the last 13 years has still taken it's toll in various ways. I'm grateful that my discomfort has been minimized, but I wouldn't say my surgery was as successful as my doctors' claim.

Yes, the trimmigrants are a valuable temporary workforce of mostly young suburban kids that all seem to shop at the same army surplus store. The industry depends on them, as there is not yet a machine that can do as good a job as a bunch of stoned twenty-somethings with scissors.
I suspect a good portion of them are Trustafarians, not needing the work as much as wanting to be part of the culture.
"Trustafarians". Here we go again. :p

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That was a new one on me too. I thought it was a reference to traveling barbers.

Sadly, no, at least not here in the U.S.. As I understand it, medical science still doesn't have a complete understanding of the human nervous system; if it did, they could cure paralysis and any number of other neurological conditions. Before my back surgery in 2004 I was advised it would probably help, might not change anything, or that there was a slim possibility it might make things worse. The pain I now experience daily is considerably less than it was before the surgery, but having to deal with it day after day for the last 13 years has still taken it's toll in various ways. I'm grateful that my discomfort has been minimized, but I wouldn't say my surgery was as successful as my doctors' claim.

"Trustafarians". Here we go again. :p
I thought it was a reference to traveling barbers.
Hahahaha. LOL! [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Winston Carter

Practically Family
At work wearing my red Bailey. Good thing I'm at work, as the Cowboys are getting crushed. I would have spent an afternoon annoying my wife yelling at the TV. She doesn't think the can hear me, but I know different.
f5dea4badb17c88002661ec9e5538d12.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Like the color. Been thinking about getting a Bailey just cause. Cause I don't have one.:):):)

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
View attachment 136869 View attachment 136870 View attachment 136871 View attachment 136872 View attachment 136873 Greetings All:
Today it’s the brother from another mother to the one i posted a couple days ago.
From the black curly brim, dents and kicks stable. You just gotta love a hat that comes from a Dry Goods Store.
Stetson No.1, 31/2”curled, 4” uncurled, 6 cord.
I don’t think this one ever saw the light of day because it is faultless!
Be well. Bowen
Does it get any better than this? Amazing Bowen.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Stunning hat. Wowsers....
Thanks Wyldkarma!
Moe, i really love this hat, i do!
I can’t think of a nicer one!
It’s quite the quacker jack hat!
Hiding now.
B
Thanks Bowen! No need to hide, that pun could find you anywhere!
Matt (mmbarnes) has one in Teal that I like just as much as this one. Really stands out!
Nice one Moe. I like the heather felts on those.
Thanks Richard! It's one of the nicest felts I have.
I love this hat. Good to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Brent!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails