Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Alpen 2.jpg

With the great load of hats arrived yesterday from Penumbra Hats there was also this "prodigal son" who remained in the north for years to act as a gauge for the size of my head.
Alpen 3.jpg
Born in Italy as a Tyrolean hat, marked "Alpen" probably built in the Cervo Valley, it is a fantastic piece of velour felt.
Alpen 7 bis.jpg

Fleur of Penumbra turned it into a hat with a bow like a honeycomb.
Alpen 6.jpg

The color is rare and the quality of the felt too, the new shape and ribbon made it as an hat entirely made by Fleur.
Alpen 9 bis.jpg

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we will return with the Italian homburgs also known as "Lobbia"
Good day and thanks for the likes and comments.
A big applause to you for the wonderful hats shown

quikrick

One Too Many
View attachment 309105
With the great load of hats arrived yesterday from Penumbra Hats there was also this "prodigal son" who remained in the north for years to act as a gauge for the size of my head.
View attachment 309106 Born in Italy as a Tyrolean hat, marked "Alpen" probably built in the Cervo Valley, it is a fantastic piece of velour felt.
View attachment 309107
Fleur of Penumbra turned it into a hat with a bow like a honeycomb.
View attachment 309108
The color is rare and the quality of the felt too, the new shape and ribbon made it as an hat entirely made by Fleur.
View attachment 309109
Tomorrow, weather permitting, we will return with the Italian homburgs also known as "Lobbia"
Good day and thanks for the likes and comments.
A big applause to you for the wonderful hats shown
LOVELY Daniele!

Ok I'll take the risk and make the trip, are you sure they are all in the same safe ? ;) Fanastic Italian parade Stefan, again !

Love the crown shape and the ribbon on that one Randy!

Can't resist to comment on that great coat again Michael! Need to find myself one ;)

Looks great without pinches Steve, and totally understand how it feels to be out when it's sunny in our region...

Does that mean that it's the beaver version Jim? Looks great btw!

You wear great many different hat styles, combined with the right outfit Reggie and that Strat is not an exception!!
After you navigate several stairs you'd still have to find them among all the others! Thanks, Panos.

Thanks Dave. Your weather sounds familiar to me. Ha ha. Today we may get another 2-5" of snow with a high of around 2 degrees. The Stormy Kromer has been my most often worn cap so far this winter, but i don't think it's up to the current temperature trend. I do have a winter Kromer that has thinsulate lining I need to dig out.

Thanks Steve. Your hat today looks great, but it also looks like you could use some nice warm mouton on a sunny and cold day.

Thanks Stefan. Your exhibit for the continuing Italian week is inducing altogether too much envy in the central US.

Thanks Panos. That is a fine lineup of hats you have in today's post. Loving that navy blue homburg.

The coat is a private label to Juster Bros in Mpls, MN, but almost certainly made by the BW Harris Co. They usually marketed under their own Zero King label, but did private label work as well. I would search for Zero King if I was looking, Lakeland also made some top notch coats on this design.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. Can't promise it will get better for the envy as I get closer to the finish.

Another beauty, Max. Eakle had some of the best hats made it seems.

Your Phoenix looks great, Randy, and the feather garnish makes that bird really fly!

Thanks, Brent. Those wide Stetson crowns provide a lot of options for shaping. For some reason, I have always been drawn to that squared-off front.

Stefen, I have been enjoying your cavalcade of fine Italian hats. The damp Borsalino Gulaela Bronzo is exquisite! Keep them coming as they are always a highlight and an education.

Thank you, Chris, for your kind comment and observations. Your assortment of homburgs and up brims are fantastic, I like them all, but I agree with Michael the navy blue Glyn & Co is definitely a standout. Not to mention your excellent collection of overcoats and scarves to accompany them are spot on.
Thanks, Reggie. Will do!

Whoa, you've been collecting some serious snow there, Dave.

Oooh, that looks really sleek, Max. Lovely.

You conversation inspired me to wear this Stetson New Yorker labeled Pure Beaver today. A beautiful lid for a spectacularly beautiful day after the storm... View attachment 308346 View attachment 308347 View attachment 308348 View attachment 308349 View attachment 308350 View attachment 308351
Enjoy your day!
Gorgeous hat, Charlie.
After two days of darkness and rain, the sun suddenly appeared accompanied by a mild, unseasonable temperature.
View attachment 308371
Walk around with an Echter Borsalino sold in Germany.
View attachment 308372
Borsalino Qualità Superiore, the felt color is "Dattero" and the lobbia type "Nadir 4 1/2".
View attachment 308374
The felt is very malleable and looks like it was made in the Fifties judging by the paper label and the hat's finish.
View attachment 308378
Another piece in the Lobbia Borsalino puzzle.
The walk was pleasant, but with the strong feeling of being completely out of season as the temperature and a too fake sense of late winter.
View attachment 308380
Thanks for the likes last week, congratulations to you for the great quality hats shown.
Wonderful hat, Daniele. Any weather that allows you to take a dattero lobbia for a walk is good weather.

Yes, they certainly do. I have three of them and they take all the abuse I can give.
Thanks, Joe.

Fantastic, Brent.

Perfect, Ross.

Scott & Co Beaver blend. More in the new hat thread. View attachment 308472
Good to see it out and about, Steve. That Scott is one of the finest felts I've handled.
Continuing the modern Stetson Excellent quality trend, Fortune and Glory today...

A crown to reach the stars and a brim with attitude; top marks, Jared.

Nicely bundled, Michael. I had to get things done outside today (and some tomorrow) as my weather is going to be something like yours (except for the snow) for about a week. They are predicting some mid-twenties to mid-thirties for highs for the next week here in central Texas. Stay warm, my friend.

Today, outdoors with my new Penn Craft bowler thanks to Stafan @steur .

View attachment 308520
Looks great on you, Randy.

Out and about, black cherry VS keeping the flakes at bay. View attachment 308601 View attachment 308602 View attachment 308603
Wonderful, Alan. I need to ask my hatter to do a bow like that on a hat sometime.

View attachment 308751

Opened a box with a couple hats I haven’t worn in a while including this Stevens 3X Beaver California weight

View attachment 308756 View attachment 308754 View attachment 308755 View attachment 308753
It's been too long. That ribbon is just so fantastic.

Karl Misik KAMI "Mode de Paris" possibly late 1930s early 1940s. This Wool Soft Felt is from my June 2015 NOS Czech find.

50927190561_0fb57ec803_b.jpg

50927327247_6c3a0a1bc3_b.jpg

50927331982_38ab3a5957_b.jpg

50927212516_60ebcdb675_b.jpg

50926539098_aba5f3222e_b.jpg
A woolfelt survivor; we see far too few of those. Very nice, Steve.

Ventured out yesterday. It has been a while since I have dressed up for anything. The broken ribs are still giving me a lot of pain. Went to a check up/consultation with my Oral Surgeon today. Actually put on a suit jacket and homburg. Made me feel somewhat human today. The hat is an Italian Borsalino homburg in the color "dattero". My new favorite shoes are my Allen Edmonds Broadstreet spectators.

View attachment 308903 View attachment 308904 View attachment 308905
Very good to see you around here again, Mike. Hope to see you and the dattero around more. Get well soon.

That always works. Very nice, Joe.

A Snowy inaugural for this new-to-me Knapp-Felt. I'm afraid the overcast skies don't do this hat justice. It's so perfectly black it's almost a singularity.

View attachment 309059 View attachment 309058
View attachment 309057

I don't think this thing has seen the outside in several decades.
You say singularity, I say stellar! Great find, Jim.

This is my new Stetson bowler... View attachment 309061
Looks fantastic on you!

Excellent Stetsoon bowler, sir. Looks very smart on you. I wore my C&K Knapp-Felt bowler today.

View attachment 309071 View attachment 309072 View attachment 309073
Gorgeous bowler, Randy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points