Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Bowen; I like your showcase of hats paired with jackets of late. As to the cool porch/deck, it is one of fav places to enjoy some quiet time. Enjoy.

Steur; Excellent hats. I have been way to stingy with commenting on the immense variety and quality hats on your hat rack. I offer a big round of applause. Cheers sir.

The world needs to see more quality stingy brimmed hats. Well showcased sir.

Steinbockhase; I do like your hat. The veneral Stratoliner is a fav of mine.

Sir your posts are enjoyable to view and read. You do not disappoint.

Dr.Max; Thanks for the many views of your Dobbs fedora. Thanks for enthusiastic sharing of your hat collection. I have been appreciating them the past many months.

Richard; A Whippet and leather jacket pairing is perfect.

Rock; I enjoy your photo compositions including this one.

Perry, the other Dr.; Patterned shirts and thin ribbons of late are dynamite. You have style.

JHoops; Glad the weather has turned for you. Like the hat.

Best, Eric -
Thank you, Eric. I have been enjoying your fedoras and your caps too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

RJR

Hat-Borsalino Trionfo Navy 2.jpg
Navy Borsalino this morning.

I see you've got your "high hat" on today!
Crazy look, but some days I roll that way. 8^)

I have to say it's really nice. I want one with a lil' more brim (where did I have heard that before...).

It's the modest dimensions that make this an interesting hat. At least to me. ;^)

Hoss approves...(as do I).

This would have looked like one of those gift certificate hats on his massive cranium.

Beautiful Alan!!
What’s the Lot # on that one if i may ask?
Lovely hat! B

Alas, no LOTXXXX number to be found in this one. It's an early hat. I'd just be guessing on a date, but I would think somewhere close to 1900. Very thin sweatband and light, responsive felt with a fine finish. 6 1/4" crown, 2 3/4" brim with kettle curl making it feel narrower. It is a small size. I bought it for the condition, which is remarkably fine. But in recent years, I have nudged it up ever so delicately so that it now fits close to size 7 and is a comfortable wear when my hair is short. Some pictures below, including one as worn with a crease.

oldboss1.jpg

oldboss5.jpg

oldboss6.jpg

oldboss7.jpg

oldboss8.jpg

120114.jpg

Last edited:

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Last night I gave a presentation about the history of Fraternities and Sororities at Oregon State to an Alumnae group of Pi Beta Phi. They all enjoyed my hat! Lots of good questions and memories shared. I was in my element, I had to cut it off after about 90 minutes. I decided a 1940s inspired custom would be an appropriate hat to talk campus history in.
Granite Whippet clone by Mike Miller at NW Hats.

Somehow you always find the most interesting hats, Mike. I'm pleased to have been the recipient of your former Mallory Eagle, which has been seeing a lot of air time these days!

Another gloomy day in Funkytown. Woke up to iced power lines, iffy roads, and downed branches thanks to a bit of an ice storm. Fortunately, nothing for me to worry about. No damage to property. Just gloom. We'll see the sun again in March or so, I guess.

At least it's only about two months before pitchers and catchers report.

Braving the gloom in a Granite Gannon. At least Gannons cheer me up.
5550e3499d89a2354c48b254354d87cd.jpg
41fd6feb609e845531d4314eb6167ef9.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Crazy look, but some days I roll that way. 8^)

It's the modest dimensions that make this an interesting hat. At least to me. ;^)

This would have looked like one of those gift certificate hats on his massive cranium.

Alas, no LOTXXXX number to be found in this one. It's an early one. I'd just be guessing on a date, but I would think somewhere close to 1900. Very thin sweatband and light, responsive felt with a fine finish. 6 1/4" crown, 2 3/4" brim with kettle curl making it feel narrower. It is a small size. I bought it for the condition, which is remarkably fine. But in recent years, I have nudged it up ever so delicately so that it now fits close to size 7 and is a comfortable wear when my hair is short. Some pictures below, including one as worn with a crease.

oldboss1.jpg

oldboss5.jpg

oldboss6.jpg

oldboss7.jpg

oldboss8.jpg

120114.jpg
Thank you very much Alan, you are a gentleman. Yes the felts on those are quite unique.
B

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
Stetson Pinnacle. Bringing my bother to his doctor's appointment. He is disabled and can't drive. Trying to get him out of a bad living situation. The doctor is going to fill out emergency paperwork. Haven't been at this office since I was a teenager. My daughter works here so she has been a godsend for him. Hopefully this goes well.
14d0c53533c7046282d3be463cd9463f.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Another gloomy day in Funkytown. Woke up to iced power lines, iffy roads, and downed branches thanks to a bit of an ice storm. Fortunately, nothing for me to worry about. No damage to property. Just gloom. We'll see the sun again in March or so, I guess.
At least it's only about two months before pitchers and catchers report.
Braving the gloom in a Granite Gannon. At least Gannons cheer me up.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I'll have to go back and look at posts from last year, but it seems the crappy weather came in earlier this year. At least you can brave the drifts in a great hat!

Hey folks!
The trusty Gitmoe on a warm afternoon.

2218d64d6a4e6b6bfacc24e6c10c5177.jpg

Have a great day!