Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Well, you did get the better bit of weather today, Steve. The Baldini looks fine in any weather.

Nice one, Jim and that pie looks good enough to eat.

Very nice, Michael. I like the way that Open Road is creased.
Thanks Stefan. That is pretty much my go to crease for the OR types. Occasionally I'll throw on a cattleman and I think I have one I like with a center dent and pinches.

You have a great lineup of hats and winter outerwear in your collection from last week. I've always like the looks of that Wildleder.

Thanks,
Michael

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 318108
Stetson Stratoliner Vita Felt - Light Powder Blue
4 3/4 unlined crown as shaped
3/8 light bluish white grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with 1/8 matching binding
86 grams

“All things come to those who wait” This one took some patience but it has now arrived and it is spectacular. An early Stetson Stratoliner in light powder blue Vita Felt. A wonderfully light weight unlined hat checking in at 86 grams. The thin felt presents a sleek sharp crease. It includes the super cool embroidered Stratoliner tip patch and beautiful blue rear sweat seam bow. This was the hat I was bidding on when I fell and nearly crashed through my sliding glass door a few weeks back. An ideal combination of weight, color, styling and shape that should definitely have this be a daily wear kinda hat for me but will also have me battling the urge to want to “save” this one for special occasions.

A HUGE thank you to @BobHufford for the tip off on this one.

View attachment 318109 View attachment 318110 View attachment 318111

The felt color is a very light powder or pale sky blue... my phone camera wanted to photograph it a much richer blue tone that I tried to color correct as best I could. But I thought I would include the original ones just for fun.

View attachment 318112
Holy smokes!!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Essential trip to the grocery store early this morning in a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly felt with charcoal trimmings).

i-tXjwK2N-M.jpg

Starting charcoal for breakfast in a Gannan Wanderer (inspired by Stetson of said name in a steel grey beaver with matching trimmings).

i-DXLZRhj-M.jpg

US Daylight Savings Time early this morning- bah humbug.

Cheers, Eric -
Two beauties Eric!!

Some truly magnificent hats this week. Spectacular. Been quite busy, so haven't been checking in to comment. Took pics of mine this week though.

Mallory bowler that Randy @Rmccamey generously gifted to me, Great for the stormy weather this week.
View attachment 317869

Mayser Wildleder
View attachment 317870

Valetini Superior
View attachment 317871

P&C Habig Special Qualität
View attachment 317872

Arlesia woolfelt lords hat
View attachment 317873

Staalmeester lords hat
View attachment 317874

Feinste Haar Velour
View attachment 317875

Love them all, but the Mayser has my favorite proportions. The Feinste velour finish looks fantastic!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
An excellent Strat, Joe.

View attachment 318108
Stetson Stratoliner Vita Felt - Light Powder Blue
4 3/4 unlined crown as shaped
3/8 light bluish white grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with 1/8 matching binding
86 grams

“All things come to those who wait” This one took some patience but it has now arrived and it is spectacular. An early Stetson Stratoliner in light powder blue Vita Felt. A wonderfully light weight unlined hat checking in at 86 grams. The thin felt presents a sleek sharp crease. It includes the super cool embroidered Stratoliner tip patch and beautiful blue rear sweat seam bow. This was the hat I was bidding on when I fell and nearly crashed through my sliding glass door a few weeks back. An ideal combination of weight, color, styling and shape that should definitely have this be a daily wear kinda hat for me but will also have me battling the urge to want to “save” this one for special occasions.

A HUGE thank you to @BobHufford for the tip off on this one.

View attachment 318109 View attachment 318110 View attachment 318111

The felt color is a very light powder or pale sky blue... my phone camera wanted to photograph it a much richer blue tone that I tried to color correct as best I could. But I thought I would include the original ones just for fun.

View attachment 318112

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
USA Daylight Savings Time-Baa Humbug! Enjoying a day off!

Cleaning the yard of limbs/twigs and filling bird feeders in a Gannon Wanderer (navy beaver felt and charcoal trimmings) fedora.

i-VcM4Gpw-M.jpg

Walkabout thru neighborhood in a Gannon Wanderer (green moss beaver felt) fedora.

i-dxBRV5z-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric-
Nice line up was usual Eric. I was just thinking about how I don't have a blue hat, and only 1 Gannon. Great inspiration, be well,
David

The Shoe

One Too Many
Day 2 of my birthday weekend and I had to work. It was graduation day for our 6th graders. In New Zealand, we don’t graduate from primary school. We don’t even graduate from high school...we finish school. We graduate from university. Here in Japan, they love their ceremonies and the ceremonies often include remnants of their militaristic past. As much as I love this country, some of the ceremonies appear ridiculous to my eyes. However, it does present me with the opportunity to wear my Brummel’s homburg, which is certainly no bad thing. I was the assistant home room teacher for the 6th grade, so the parents presented me with quite a spectacular bouquet, which made my wife happy, so that, too, is no bad thing.
796189B6-ADAC-4E51-A932-90052DFC6640.jpeg
EA272B19-305B-4864-9338-AB66196FF304.jpeg

Day three of my birthday weekend was spent in kangaroo leather...no photos. Day four (I had today off in lieu of Saturday) photos coming at some stage.

Last edited:
Day 2 of my birthday weekend and I had to work. It was graduation day for our 6th graders. In New Zealand, we don’t graduate from primary school. We don’t even graduate from high school...we finish school. We graduate from university. Here in Japan, they love their ceremonies and the ceremonies often include remnants of their militaristic past. As much as I love this country, some of the ceremonies appear ridiculous to my eyes. However, it does present me with the opportunity to wear my Brummel’s homburg, which is certainly no bad thing. I was the assistant home room teacher for the 6th grade, so the parents presented me with quite a spectacular bouquet, which made my wife happy, so that, too, is no bad thing.
View attachment 318146 View attachment 318147
Day three of my birthday weekend was spent in kangaroo leather...no photos. Day four (I had today off in lieu of Saturday) photos coming at some stage.
Well aren’t you the belle of the ball ;) Looking sharp Gary. I didn’t remember any graduations for anything until high school. So when my son started school.. I was quite surprised to learn they now graduate preschool. Then graduate PreK and graduate kindergarten and elementary and middle. Your head spins. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails