Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 325694
Stetson Official Boy Scouts Hat
Olive Drab to Brownish felt
5 3/4 to Montana Peak (about 5 open)
Starburst vent patterns on the sides and back
1 1/8 Antiqued Pewter grosgrain ribbon
2 1/2 brim with double stitched edge

Was curious to take a look at this Stetson Official Boy Scouts hat. I’m guessing based on the sweat and size tag this one is 1960 or 70s. The color is between olive drab and light brown depending on the light. It seemed very to happy remember and quickly reshaped into a Montana peak shape which reaches to about 5 3/4 inches... but also looks nice in a Fedora shape. After some heavy brushing and a little scrubbing with a wet rag the felt cleaned up nicely. Some cool vent holes in the sides and rear along with a double stitched edge 1/2 inch brim. Maybe just add a shoe lace chin strap. A fun little hat that could make a nice hiking photography hat.

View attachment 325695 View attachment 325696 View attachment 325698 View attachment 325699 View attachment 325697

and a tip of the hat to @BobHufford for the tip on this one
If there's a merit badge for hat-wearing, you've more than earned it, Joe.

Today was the Entrance Ceremony (otherwise known as the Terrify the (already nervous) New Kids Ceremony) at our school. Still, it was another chance to wear my Hommie! View attachment 325730
Any chance will do! Sun came up: good enough for me;)

Superb, Fabio.

Stetson Premier on this very spring like day in Elsinore. View attachment 325833
The sun really brings out that gorgeous colour, Steve.
Celebrating 24 years (actually 23 years, 363 days, but Tuesday is a work day). Etsuko in her Hornskov...
View attachment 325957 View attachment 325958
...and me in my new-to-me 1960’s Huckel - the last of our hats from @Daniele Tanto - and my personal favourite. View attachment 325959 View attachment 325960 View attachment 325964
I wanted to put my hat on this fella, but Etsuko said that wasn’t the done thing.
View attachment 325962
These lads were jostling for the best view of the hats (or so I choose to believe).
View attachment 325963
You and Etsuko are killing it today, Gary. Congrats on the almost 24 years.

Winter is lingering over here. Still hats to wear though.

T&W Lees
IMG_2976.jpg

The Holborn Hat

IMG_2978.jpg

Echter Mayser

IMG_2979.jpg

Howlison bowler
IMG_2980.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thin ribbon Sunday continues at my house.

Raking around some shrubs found me wearing a vintage Stetson Stratoliner with a 2 1/2" brim. This hat shows some patina on the felt and has a bit more "sahara" hue to it. Hard, sweaty work and I dried the sweat, treated it and brushed the hat. It is sitting on a block drying out.

i-Dh9Fgw7-M.jpg

i-nkcVG3q-M.jpg

i-bjJmtFw-M.jpg

Holy moly it was breakfast time. I grilled buffalo for tacos and caramelized some pears and topped with ricotta cheese. I switched to a vintage Stetson Stratoliner for my grill work. I am staying with silverbelly felt hues for breakfast.

i-sXhcjFs-M.jpg

i-W9qrb47-M.jpg

i-GJkLmDG-M.jpg

My wife remarked that the hats are the same. I nodded and said they are only a bit different. This was an avoidance of the question of how come I need 2 hats that are "nearly" the same. Once the breakfast tacos and carmelized pears were on the table all discussions of hats evaporated. The meal was terrific.

Cheers on a thin ribbon Sunday, Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many

Raking around some shrubs found me wearing a vintage Stetson Stratoliner with a 2 1/2" brim. This hat shows some patina on the felt and has a bit more "sahara" hue to it. Hard, sweaty work and I dried the sweat, treated it and brushed the hat. It is sitting on a block drying out.

i-Dh9Fgw7-M.jpg

i-nkcVG3q-M.jpg

i-bjJmtFw-M.jpg

Holy moly it was breakfast time. I grilled buffalo for tacos and caramelized some pears and topped with ricotta cheese. I switched to a vintage Stetson Stratoliner for my grill work. I am staying with silverbelly felt hues for breakfast.

i-sXhcjFs-M.jpg

i-W9qrb47-M.jpg

i-GJkLmDG-M.jpg

My wife remarked that the hats are the same. I nodded and said they are only a bit different. This was an avoidance of the question of how come I need 2 hats that are "nearly" the same. Once the breakfast tacos and carmelized pears were on the table all discussions of hats evaporated. The meal was terrific.

Come, now. I’ve been here a while now and I can say with confidence that you have more than just two that are nearly the same!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Winter is lingering over here. Still hats to wear though.

T&W Lees
View attachment 325988

The Holborn Hat

View attachment 325989

Echter Mayser

View attachment 325990

Howlison bowler
View attachment 325991

Excellent hats! You wear the homburgs and bowlers with panache.

I googled up the weather in your neighborhood and see we are sharing similar temps at the moment. Later today in my neighborhood, we will have experience a "heat wave of 55'f (13'c).

Cheers, Eric -

Celebrating 24 years (actually 23 years, 363 days, but Tuesday is a work day). Etsuko in her Hornskov...
View attachment 325957 View attachment 325958
...and me in my new-to-me 1960’s Huckel - the last of our hats from @Daniele Tanto - and my personal favourite. View attachment 325959 View attachment 325960 View attachment 325964
I wanted to put my hat on this fella, but Etsuko said that wasn’t the done thing.
View attachment 325962
These lads were jostling for the best view of the hats (or so I choose to believe).
View attachment 325963
Happy Anniversary... you both look fabulous

Scooterz

Practically Family

i-Dh9Fgw7-M.jpg

i-nkcVG3q-M.jpg

i-bjJmtFw-M.jpg

i-sXhcjFs-M.jpg

i-W9qrb47-M.jpg

i-GJkLmDG-M.jpg

Gotta have a backup!

The Shoe

One Too Many
You and Etsuko are killing it today, Gary. Congrats on the almost 24 years.

Happy Anniversary... you both look fabulous
Thank you both. We’re glad to be able to get away for a night. We had to be quite selective about the area we decided to visit as COVID numbers are increasing at an alarming rate in this part of the country. Probably our last excursion for a while.

Scooterz

Practically Family
Drove by Garland, Tx. yesterday. These two hats forced their way into my car. My son's girlfriend wanted to go and pick up a hat for her dad. She might be a keeper, or an enabler, either way it's good. He picked up a couple of cowboy hats.

Dobbs Rosebud Hemp Straw in Cognac. Had to add some foam strips as its a tad large. Have to figure out the hat pin. I can't tell if its one that said DOBBS and the lettering came off, and/or if it is holding the ribbon on the hat or not. Brim is odd but I like it. 2" in front, 2 3/8" on sides, and 2 1/8 or maybe 2 1/4" in back. Will get better pics in a few days.
DSCF1379 (2).JPG

Stratoliner in Natural. I usually wear a 7 1/4 but this was marked as 7 1/8 which may be why it was there. It is a large 57 or a barely tight 58 and fits snug but not too tight. If it shrinks any I am sure I can nudge it just a little on a stretcher. Hopefully it will stay as is. I really like the color of both hats.
DSCF1368 (2).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points