Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I’m giving one of my least favorite hats some head time today. While I really enjoy the Stratoliner’s, this ones mis-matched black ribbon takes the luster off of an otherwise wonderful hat.

F5313803-5816-48BC-8F04-EBB7528195C4.jpeg

CE390161-24C3-4D18-819A-85DCFFC023FE.jpeg

Have a safe and blessed day.
Steven

Thanks Stefan. I'm learning on the bird pics, not so much on the selfies.

A nice set. I can never seem to run across a Playboy around here.

Thanks Reggie. One of my favorites for sure. I'm still loving that wide binding. It looks like you were well hatted on the weekend.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks, Michael. The Playboy has some discoloration and that's why it was affordable.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I do look forward to seeing and reading your posts of you,your wife and MG's life's adventures. I have an expectation of what you are to wear based upon your posting. Suited and shoe'd and ready for the world.
Very kind of you and thank you. There was a brief tale on that wedding day. It was second time round for both the bride & groom. He had a sizeable tract of land where he restored Airstream trailers. Part of a large barn was given over to a makeshift stage and dancefloor. His wife was a singer in a band, all of whom, entertained us. My MG did the taxi service for the bride and her father to the ceremony, and then the bride & groom to the reception.

After the formalities and the official photos I changed out of the suit, as I said, into one of my Aloha shirts. I had also brought along a pair of trousers that didn't crumple like linen, but still had a linen look to them. Esther's creation gave way to a straw Biltmore, this hat did, proudly display a fine MG badge. One fellow there told me that he had an MGB and being in the MG car club, he had never seen an MG "Hat." I told him to keep looking, whilst my thought was: "Idiot."
old man.png
This was my change of attire for the reception.

MG hat pin 002.JPG
This is my MG "hat."

old photos 126.JPG
Here's the MG all dressed up for the occasion.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric, you change your hats in much the same way that I wear my Aloha shirts, no point having a collection and wearing a few favourites.
Your Strat really looks the part, that's not to undermine the other lids. Can you send me a few seeds from your Whippet tree, it might just grow in a UK climate.
As I said, your Stratoliner was just the style I wanted for a wedding. I was going to team it up with a 1930's style suit but trying to find a blue/grey Strat in the UK proved impossible, then Esther came up trumps. I told her that the wedding had an Hawaiian theme, she emailed me her idea, then she turned it into a reality.
View attachment 335188
My old MG was the wedding car that day and I was very tempted to pin an MG badge where the Stratoliner badge sits but it just didn't look right. However Esther's efforts went down very well with the happy couple and later on, when I changed out of the collar & tie, I wore one of Tina's Aloha shirts, had she had been in business, she could have had a dozen orders that day.
View attachment 335187
From the hat down to the shoes - perfection.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Any one of Eric's hats, Esther's Hawiian shirts and an old MG - the perfect trifecta!

Eric, you change your hats in much the same way that I wear my Aloha shirts, no point having a collection and wearing a few favourites.
Your Strat really looks the part, that's not to undermine the other lids. Can you send me a few seeds from your Whippet tree, it might just grow in a UK climate.
As I said, your Stratoliner was just the style I wanted for a wedding. I was going to team it up with a 1930's style suit but trying to find a blue/grey Strat in the UK proved impossible, then Esther came up trumps. I told her that the wedding had an Hawaiian theme, she emailed me her idea, then she turned it into a reality.
View attachment 335188
My old MG was the wedding car that day and I was very tempted to pin an MG badge where the Stratoliner badge sits but it just didn't look right. However Esther's efforts went down very well with the happy couple and later on, when I changed out of the collar & tie, I wore one of Tina's Aloha shirts, had she had been in business, she could have had a dozen orders that day.
View attachment 335187
OP ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points