Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Back to work this afternoon in a Stetson Buccaneer.

i-5sj4hcJ-M.jpg

The spiral stitching is only one of the very cool features of this fedora.

i-PWR7jS7-M.jpg

i-sZWnLnQ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That’s a great one Eric. Very unique

FedoraRedHat

One of the Regulars
Previously, my Stetson Saxon Midnight (Navy) that I ordered from JJ Hat Center arrived with a non-standard 1" hatband without the Stetson pin or feather. The Saxon usually ships with a 1-3/4" hatband. I had to add my own feather.

DSC_0537.JPG

I decided that I would replace the hatband. Since 1-3/4" grosgrain ribbon in silver was not available, I used 1-1/2" grosgrain ribbon. I also used a leftover Stetson pin from my collection.

DSC_0563.JPG

This hatband is simply secured with double-sided tape, not sewn.

DSC_0564.JPG

The placement of the hatband is not perfect (there are some wrinkles due to the double-sided tape underneath). However, I think that this gives the hat a more "vintage" look than a brand-new hat, which I actually like.

Previously, my Stetson Saxon Midnight (Navy) that I ordered from JJ Hat Center arrived with a non-standard 1" hatband without the Stetson pin or feather. The Saxon usually ships with a 1-3/4" hatband. I had to add my own feather.

DSC_0537.JPG

I decided that I would replace the hatband. Since 1-3/4" grosgrain ribbon in silver was not available, I used 1-1/2" grosgrain ribbon. I also used a leftover Stetson pin from my collection.

DSC_0563.JPG

This hatband is simply secured with double-sided tape, not sewn.

DSC_0564.JPG

The placement of the hatband is not perfect (there are some wrinkles due to the double-sided tape underneath). However, I think that this gives the hat a more "vintage" look than a brand-new hat, which I actually like.
Looks really nice. I love the contrast

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
9F96D391-E5D0-4AF5-B1AD-15D9055CFCBB.jpeg
933DF5D5-99C9-4F20-8759-06F4528D3345.jpeg
How’s everyone doing?
Been a while since being here to talk about hats, but have been busy enlarging my collection and working on a few. Also very busy with carpentry.
Might remember how that early on after coming to this forum, and seeing a few, I desired a Borsalino Gorusgu? Finally found one and she’s a tall, wide and tan hairy beaut! A full boat box ticker!
4 3/4” crown as creased and 2 13/16” brim. Not sure, but guessing a mid to late 50s model? Yet to fix the position of the elastic wind trolley, but this particular “Gu” only needed steam shaping, one stain removed and the rear seam resewn, since it had been taped, but not re-sewn in a repair made years ago—to my estimation, as the repair looked old fashioned.
So happy to at last have her crowning my humble collection!
Also have added a Stetson Imperial, Flagship, 40s Blueish Strat and a 40s Stetson top hat to the brood!
Still working on the 7X CB but can’t wait to share these and many others soon! I’m waiting on a new composite hat block from Randal Alan. Need it to complete the refurbishments some of them need.
The new block will be “square” sided with hardly any taper and Randal assures that it’s made with better, longer lasting material.
8E40C8D4-4C1F-4545-8FFF-9ACAEF8FC994.jpeg
6FCD4299-6238-44A4-8A6B-0CDE6AAF46DC.jpeg
22EA9DED-1FAB-43CB-BCC0-D4637191421B.jpeg

Now, if I can just find a Sweet Disney!
:)

Hope all here are doing better than well!

Attachments

• D0F3A45C-3CB7-4CF4-9DCA-D210331C27CB.jpeg
    D0F3A45C-3CB7-4CF4-9DCA-D210331C27CB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • 2EA13F06-E244-487E-B8EA-EFD690747916.jpeg
    2EA13F06-E244-487E-B8EA-EFD690747916.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 7ECED3AA-88BB-46E5-8477-E479AC456456.jpeg
    7ECED3AA-88BB-46E5-8477-E479AC456456.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 3881F056-AA77-4AE9-829A-61385F49D8C9.jpeg
    3881F056-AA77-4AE9-829A-61385F49D8C9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
The events of today had me channeling my very best @johnnycanuck. I ventured out front to survey a little area of sod I needed to replace and was surprised to find this pretty little girl on my neighbors driveway.

View attachment 337732 View attachment 337733

My first thoughts were... let me grab a quick photo.. figuring it would not let me get very close. But as she let me get closer it had me thinking WWJD.... what would Johnny do? She ended up letting me pick her up without much of a fuss.

View attachment 337734 View attachment 337735

I figured the only appropriate hat for the rest of this day was this Boy Scouts campaign cover.

View attachment 337736 View attachment 337737

Oh and I did still manage to finish the little sod job.... Boy Scout ;):cool:

View attachment 337738

Here she is enjoying her new digs for now. Mostly just eating and sleeping. Probably a bit shook up. Doesn’t look like we are going to turn up her owner... though if not she will be going to my father-in-law. It will be perfect for him to have something to bond with.

View attachment 337739

Nice, Joe!

My father had few parakeets.
He liked having them, but finally grew tired of trying to find replacements that he could love as much as the first two.

You make the Scouts proud!

View attachment 338169 View attachment 338168 How’s everyone doing?
Been a while since being here to talk about hats, but have been busy enlarging my collection and working on a few. Also very busy with carpentry.
Might remember how that early on after coming to this forum, and seeing a few, I desired a Borsalino Gorusgu? Finally found one and she’s a tall, wide and tan hairy beaut! A full boat box ticker!
4 3/4” crown as creased and 2 13/16” brim. Not sure, but guessing a mid to late 50s model? Yet to fix the position of the elastic wind trolley, but this particular “Gu” only needed steam shaping, one stain removed and the rear seam resewn, since it had been taped, but not re-sewn in a repair made years ago—to my estimation, as the repair looked old fashioned.
Also have added a Stetson Imperial, Flagship, 40s Blueish Strat and a 40s Stetson top hat to the brood!
Still working on the 7X CB but can’t wait to share these and many others soon! I’m waiting on a new composite hat block from Randal Alan. Need it to complete the refurbishments some of them need.
The new block will be “square” sided with hardly any taper and Randal assures that it’s made with better, longer lasting material.
View attachment 338161 View attachment 338162 View attachment 338166

Beautiful hat, Randall. I’ve missed seeing you and your hats around here.

View attachment 338169 View attachment 338168 How’s everyone doing?
View attachment 338161 View attachment 338162 View attachment 338166

What a wonderful addition to your collection. Sound like you sure have been busy! Can’t wait to see what you got lined up to come down the pike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk