Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it. I continued that Homburg fun last week with my Chocolate Knox and Dobbs 15 homies

View attachment 353482 View attachment 353483 View attachment 353484 View attachment 353485

File photo on the Dobbs 15
View attachment 353486

thanks again guys… this is me all year…

View attachment 353487 View attachment 353488

I’m FIFTY… and I can kick…. And streeeetch. And I can wear HATS!
Congrats my friend. For me it's still 1 year to go :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There's very little about Chapéus Cury hats, but I did uncover this logo:
Chapéus Cury.png
At work I still wear a suit and tie, I often get told by the staff that I "look" the part. Too right, I know the reaction to power dressing.
"I want to see you in my office at five o'clock sharp, be late at your peril!"
DSCF0089.jpg

"Oh sh*t, what have I done?"

Perry, I think that I have seen Loungers refer to you by that name, apologies if I am wrong, Perry, you do realise that whilst I do admire your hat, I covet your shirt, oh dear, do you know that I can resist anything, except temptation?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
A few issues have sidelined me for a little bit. So, a repost if this grey Resistol Stagecoach that I converted last year. It started out as a way too small Western at 6 7/8. I blocked it up to a 7 1/4 and converted it to a fedora. It sports a tall straight crown with a teardrop crease and a 2 5/8 brim width
Before: Way too small and not enough brim left to keep it Western after blocking it up from 6 7/8 to a 7 1/4
Gray-Conversion-Stagecoach-9-A.jpg

Blocking-Gray-Resistol-3-A.jpg

Band-Block-and-Rounding-Jack.jpg

Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-13-A.jpg

Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-12-A.jpg

Gray-Converted-Stagecoach-11-A.jpg

Dressed-Up-Stagecoach-2-A.jpg

A few issues have sidelined me for a little bit. So, a repost if this grey Resistol Stagecoach that I converted last year. It started out as a way too small Western at 6 7/8. I blocked it up to a 7 1/4 and converted it to a fedora. It sports a tall straight crown with a teardrop crease and a 2 5/8 brim width
Before: Way too small and not enough brim left to keep it Western after blocking it up from 6 7/8 to a 7 1/4

Still looks great, Terry. I long for weather when I can wear a jacket again.

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
Braved the inclement weather because we had to return the Italian seafood place to try their other special limited menu takarabako - the treasure chest. I wore my Capricorn that I purchased for the rainy season. It was a worthwhile purchase - getting plenty of head time.
0EEB53E1-8930-4449-B891-312F5CA4AEBA.jpeg

09ED22E9-384F-43ED-8B36-565DC6CD17A0.jpeg

I know you want to see the treasure chest…
5E18D5B9-9158-4D44-96D5-9256E3C851CB.jpeg

Hidden under all that delicious salmon roe is a mixture of crab, scallops and raw fish. At ¥1000 (just under $US10), it’s not surprising they put a limit of one per table and five in total per day on this. Pure decadence!
The other dishes were fantastic, too.
96419F99-3E2B-4065-9AC0-5E5E7D90BF24.jpeg

Salmon confit, raw oysters and seafood salad. We also had pasta. Note for next time: careful not to order too much!
Etsuko was hatless due to the weather.

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it. I continued that Homburg fun last week with my Chocolate Knox and Dobbs 15 homies

View attachment 353482 View attachment 353483 View attachment 353484 View attachment 353485

File photo on the Dobbs 15
View attachment 353486

thanks again guys… this is me all year…

View attachment 353487 View attachment 353488

I’m FIFTY… and I can kick…. And streeeetch. And I can wear HATS!
Congratulations, Joe! Both homburgs look fabulous. If you haven't yet, be sure to post them in the "homburg nation" thread.

My past week mostly included my favorite hiking hat— Greeley western homburg. And a few others.

View attachment 353383 View attachment 353384 View attachment 353385 View attachment 353386 View attachment 353387 View attachment 353388
Excellent parade of hats there, Jeff. Wonderful.

They all look fabulous
Thanks, Joe.

Great shape and classic look, Perry. Love the pug.

Stellar work as usual, Terry.

Braved the inclement weather because we had to return the Italian seafood place to try their other special limited menu takarabako - the treasure chest. I wore my Capricorn that I purchased for the rainy season. It was a worthwhile purchase - getting plenty of head time.
View attachment 353664
View attachment 353665
I know you want to see the treasure chest…
View attachment 353673
Hidden under all that delicious salmon roe is a mixture of crab, scallops and raw fish. At ¥1000 (just under $US10), it’s not surprising they put a limit of one per table and five in total per day on this. Pure decadence!
The other dishes were fantastic, too.
View attachment 353674
Salmon confit, raw oysters and seafood salad. We also had pasta. Note for next time: careful not to order too much!
Etsuko was hatless due to the weather.
You're killing us with these wonderful food pics, Gary!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Still looks great, Terry. I long for weather when I can wear a jacket again.[/QUOTE]
Thank you Brent. This picture was taken last December. It was definitely coat weather. We had just returned from my wife's brother's funeral. Strangely, after her brother's funeral the family met together at her mother's house. As soon as her sister walked through the door, she suddenly died. One week after her brother's funeral we were attending her sister's funeral.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay