Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Ramenzoni
240456250_5576599155707877_8775068582267986815_n.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday folks. Early morning dog soirre wearing a Gannon Wanderer (blue beaver with charcoal trimmings) fedora. My oldster dog and I were moving slow this morning. I am chalking it up to the 52'f (11'c) temps.

i-wH7F8XF-M.jpg

i-5tTj34D-M.jpg

i-BSXDxgs-M.jpg

I went and washed the auto and filled it with fuel. Hey fuel went up $.04/gallon overnight! Really! A Gannon (playboy inspired hat in bluemist).

i-6tpGPNS-M.jpg

i-9nWrVgz-M.jpg

i-wdG2GZP-M.jpg

i-7SQ5GG7-M.jpg

i-3FLq4cZ-M.jpg

Some trimming under the bushes and evergreen trees meant I changed to a cap. This Excalibur Well Dressed Head cap did the trick. My neighbor returned some glassware from our get together yesterday and commented that she thought that the cap was "sharp." I am pleased to get an approval from my neighbor as she is a buyer for a top 10 clothing retailer.

i-CSp782c-M.jpg

Yes the cap was banged about and the drape of the cloth is crooked on my head. No mirrors are under my evergreens.

Eating breakfast on the deck I changed to a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly beaver and charcoal trimmings).

i-ph7sQGx-M.jpg

i-zPpwLqs-M.jpg

I headed down to rake the beach and changed to a Gannon Executive (inspired by the Adam Pacesetter Executive hat) It is moss green Winchester beaver with matching gill ribbon treatment.

i-tQL8f3Q-M.jpg

i-2CM87LH-M.jpg

This hat needs some steaming to remove the line on the brim from the cardboard insert in the box that it was stored in since last Spring. It will join a stack of hats needing steaming. IMO, I needed a shower and shave in order to sharpen my senses to see hats that need steaming.

i-rMJrttD-M.jpg

i-cZ6cF6W-M.jpg

Lunch has me wearing a grey felt vintage Stetson Open Road with an "Aquanized" treatment.

i-SZVbbGL-M.jpg

i-JxL9t2K-M.jpg

i-SQLFkWp-M.jpg

i-XmQR5KK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

A.C

New in Town
Good Sunday folks. Early morning dog soirre wearing a Gannon Wanderer (blue beaver with charcoal trimmings) fedora. My oldster dog and I were moving slow this morning. I am chalking it up to the 52'f (11'c) temps.

i-wH7F8XF-M.jpg

i-5tTj34D-M.jpg

i-BSXDxgs-M.jpg

I went and washed the auto and filled it with fuel. Hey fuel went up $.04/gallon overnight! Really! A Gannon (playboy inspired hat in bluemist).

i-6tpGPNS-M.jpg

i-9nWrVgz-M.jpg

i-wdG2GZP-M.jpg

i-7SQ5GG7-M.jpg

i-3FLq4cZ-M.jpg

Some trimming under the bushes and evergreen trees meant I changed to a cap. This Excalibur Well Dressed Head cap did the trick. My neighbor returned some glassware from our get together yesterday and commented that she thought that the cap was "sharp." I am pleased to get an approval from my neighbor as she is a buyer for a top 10 clothing retailer.

i-CSp782c-M.jpg

Yes the cap was banged about and the drape of the cloth is crooked on my head. No mirrors are under my evergreens.

Eating breakfast on the deck I changed to a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly beaver and charcoal trimmings).

i-ph7sQGx-M.jpg

i-zPpwLqs-M.jpg

I headed down to rake the beach and changed to a Gannon Executive (inspired by the Adam Pacesetter Executive hat) It is moss green Winchester beaver with matching gill ribbon treatment.

i-tQL8f3Q-M.jpg

i-2CM87LH-M.jpg

This hat needs some steaming to remove the line on the brim from the cardboard insert in the box that it was stored in since last Spring. It will join a stack of hats needing steaming. IMO, I needed a shower and shave in order to sharpen my senses to see hats that need steaming.

i-rMJrttD-M.jpg

i-cZ6cF6W-M.jpg

Lunch has me wearing a grey felt vintage Stetson Open Road with an "Aquanized" treatment.

i-SZVbbGL-M.jpg

i-JxL9t2K-M.jpg

i-SQLFkWp-M.jpg

i-XmQR5KK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

I think your neighbor is on to something
That Gannon Executive has me wanting to find one in that colour as well . Thank you

i-wH7F8XF-M.jpg

i-5tTj34D-M.jpg

i-BSXDxgs-M.jpg

i-6tpGPNS-M.jpg

i-9nWrVgz-M.jpg

i-wdG2GZP-M.jpg

i-7SQ5GG7-M.jpg

i-3FLq4cZ-M.jpg

i-CSp782c-M.jpg

i-ph7sQGx-M.jpg

i-zPpwLqs-M.jpg

i-tQL8f3Q-M.jpg

i-2CM87LH-M.jpg

i-rMJrttD-M.jpg

i-cZ6cF6W-M.jpg

i-SZVbbGL-M.jpg

i-JxL9t2K-M.jpg

i-SQLFkWp-M.jpg

i-XmQR5KK-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Love them all, Eric. Reading your posts I’m convinced that you accomplish more by 10:00 a.m. on Monday than I do all week. :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A favorite fedora, Adam Pacesetter Executive Quality, was worn on the morning dog soirée.

i-mCbP8DD-M.jpg

The dimensions, gills, felt and leather sweat make this hat one of the top dogs n my hat rack.

i-b3vLfDs-M.jpg

Off to the coffee shop and car wash before 7:00am this morning. A Mallory Dallas was my hat choice. The felt on this hat is dynamite.

i-cSQfn7h-M.jpg

i-CW5WFDH-M.jpg

i-2w6h4m4-M.jpg

i-pD83FMS-M.jpg

Pendleton wool rules for picking cucumbers and tomatoes this morning.

i-d79hp6R-M.jpg

Cheers this morning, Eric -

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
21C489B5-A34B-43A8-964C-BA640AEC6942.jpeg
Birthday was in June, but this late 40s/early 50s Mallory XV was worth waiting for.
Best friend from Washington state got this on eBay and sent it a few days ago. Neither of us knew it had a few moth bites when purchased but I Patched the small moth divots, reflanged the brim, steam shaped the crown and took some pics tonight.
Ready to be in my top ten favs.
6” straight sided open crown. 2 7/8” Duplex Edge brim. Perfect.
It had a tired red feather stuck in the bow, so I changed it out for this one.
4F19569F-EB77-43E5-ACB6-79373BB3651D.jpeg
61785A3B-AA4E-452B-9CDF-CCCA3088DB85.jpeg
AB797BC5-AD42-41B5-B43C-8849B37B4715.jpeg
545C613C-0266-4A72-B6B3-1E6B3670E0C7.jpeg

Attachments

• CB805441-1D1E-4143-B28D-C585062E0908.jpeg
    CB805441-1D1E-4143-B28D-C585062E0908.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 359955 Birthday was in June, but this late 40s/early 50s Mallory XV was worth waiting for.
Best friend from Washington state got this on eBay and sent it a few days ago. Neither of us knew it had a few moth bites when purchased but I Patched the small moth divots, reflanged the brim, steam shaped the crown and took some pics tonight.
Ready to be one in my top ten favs. 6” straight sided open crown. 2 7/8” Duplex Edge brim. Perfect.
It had a tired red feather stuck in the bow, so I changed it out for this one. View attachment 359952 View attachment 359954 View attachment 359956 View attachment 359957
Fantastic! Or maybe stupendous!! Wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner