Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
I have been missing the lounge for quite a long time now. Getting a little fed up with Facebook, too much drama, not enough hats! We had an event at our local Historical Society so I tried to look a little 1870s-ish. A top hat from Stefan and a vest with my dad's Hamilton pocket watch was as close I could get. Need to have Mike Miller build me a proper period top hat or stiff felt. I pledge to be better about being a part of the life of the lounge. View attachment 364054 View attachment 364055
Great seeing you back at the Lounge Mike!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Not venturing out today, so here is the hat that I wore to my PT appointment on Friday. NW Hats custom made with vintage black cherry felt (the cherry is not so black as with current Winchester felt). I had Mike do a dimensional brim and some fun stitching. My favorite ribbon treatment in a gray as well as a double bubble on the crown. I'll try to do better next week. Just trying to make a comeback to the fold still.

View attachment 364200 View attachment 364201 View attachment 364202
Those gills! Fantastic!

View attachment 364557 View attachment 364558 View attachment 364560 View attachment 364559
Hello, newbie here. It's not as prestigious as most of the lids posted here but I'm sporting my beater 4X Resistol today. Started life as a George Strait hillcountry, picked it up in rough shape in a thrift shop for a whopping 15 bucks. Got it bashed and rolled to my liking now.

Looks good. I have a few similar Resistols and they are great hats. It’s not a competition (if it was I would have lost and gone home long ago :) ). Keep posting your hats!

bobm

A-List Customer
Enjoying another beautiful, early fall day - as I’m sidelined with R knee bursitis!

A2EB1891-BA83-4BF7-A978-DAEF0A6167BC.jpeg

Fantastic finish Reggie. Mike Miller builds the best hats!

Love the Playboy!

Great looking stiff felt. Love that liner logo! It looks like pre-war for sure.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Much needed rain in Oregon today, we had a torch of a summer. Figured I would trot out a sturdy stingy to brave the elements. My favorite Cavanagh "Thirty", early 1960s (Rat Pack) style.

View attachment 364649 View attachment 364650 View attachment 364651
You had rain too? Yesterday was warm enough to wear another of Esther's straws, this morning the rain lashing aginst the window was so heavy that it woke me up. The sun showed it's face later on. This was yesterday's hat, I hope that it's not all felts just yet.
Henley SB blazer & hat 006.JPG

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge. You will find a lot of Resistol love in these here parts!

View attachment 364557 View attachment 364558 View attachment 364560 View attachment 364559
Hello, newbie here. It's not as prestigious as most of the lids posted here but I'm sporting my beater 4X Resistol today. Started life as a George Strait hillcountry, picked it up in rough shape in a thrift shop for a whopping 15 bucks. Got it bashed and rolled to my liking now.

Love the color on that liner, Joe.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge. You will find a lot of Resistol love in these here parts!

Love the color on that liner, Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails