Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
46311E1A-CB62-4ACF-ACE9-5BF7955EECAB.jpeg
New Adam Majestic paired with a pair of Larry Mahan ostrich legs.
More about this hat in Adam Alley.
AEE8D7FE-BCF5-4870-BDD4-9C46AA507D23.jpeg
14AACB99-AC31-4FA2-A41C-45F2B21EE73A.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It is with great pleasure that today I wear a hat that is the result of an exchange
Mallory Aristocrat 8.jpg
Jonathan (the oldfashioned) kindly agreed to send a homburg Aristocrat made by Mallory to Europe
Mallory Aristocrat 7 bis.jpg
In return he got a Panama made by Penumbra Hats.
This is one of the very rare USA made hats I have in my collection, so it is, for me, a "new thing"
Mallory Aristocrat 3.jpg

I was able to closely observe a hat made a few years ago in the United States of which I see countless hats on the screen every day:)
Mallory Aristocrat 1.jpg

Well, I'm very happy and thank Jonathan for his kindness
Mallory Aristocrat 6.jpg

Meanwhile, I enjoy the homburg in these warm autumn days.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
First, a big thank you to all those who have been giving me positive comments and like lately. I don't acknowledge those things enough and it's appreciated.

Second, y'all been knocking it out of the park lately. Great hats, and special mentions for Joe and Steve.

I'd give Eric a nod, too, but I don't want it to go to his Short Balding Head!!

I keed, i keed.

A little change of pace for me. anton Peschel from West Germany. A super nice velour and Stefan's favorite color!

View attachment 371654 View attachment 371655 View attachment 371656 View attachment 371657 View attachment 371658

Happy Friday!!!

A change of pace indeed, Jim, but what a great one. Peschel, velour felt, green, nice wide ribbon and bow treatment. Wonderful!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It is with great pleasure that today I wear a hat that is the result of an exchange
View attachment 371778 Jonathan (the oldfashioned) kindly agreed to send a homburg Aristocrat made by Mallory to Europe
View attachment 371781 In return he got a Panama made by Penumbra Hats.
This is one of the very rare USA made hats I have in my collection, so it is, for me, a "new thing"
View attachment 371783
I was able to closely observe a hat made a few years ago in the United States of which I see countless hats on the screen every day:)
View attachment 371784
View attachment 371785

Wonderful looking tight fighting Mallory Homburg in chocolate brown, Daniele. Love the bow and ribbon treatment.

Pellie

One Too Many
View attachment 371778 Jonathan (the oldfashioned) kindly agreed to send a homburg Aristocrat made by Mallory to Europe
View attachment 371781 In return he got a Panama made by Penumbra Hats.
View attachment 371783
View attachment 371784
View attachment 371785
Looking good Daniele. Congrats.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
That’s a great hat Randall, it reminds me of my Whiskey VS, except that has an underwelt not a binding. This boots are phenomenal too dude.
Thanks, Rumad.
It does look a bit like your VS that I’ve always admired!
Unlike full quill, leg of ostrich is plenty tough.
Also have a NOS Tony Lama full quill pair coming Tuesday. Price was too good to pass up.

Staalmeester Looks serious for sure! Beautiful hat
Thanks, Joe. In the early days manufacturer Nehoefa had help from hatters from Austria, Italy and Germany to set up production and it shows.

Hornskov colour Mud with diamond crown. 50% beaverblend. View attachment 370200 View attachment 370201 View attachment 370202
Very nice, Marcel. A bit of reverse taper on the crown: cool!

A hat with presence, Jim. Gorgeous.

All great hats Stefan. I have a soft spot in my heart for that Lord's Hat!

Not too much longer til we see the snow flakes on your brims. Love that Playboy.

I love this color. Looks to be well made for a current hat.

Top class for a wedding. Nice.
Thanks, Mike. They did get it right on this one for sure.

Dinner last evening for the MIL birthday. Wore my navy Gannon.
View attachment 370277
Classic hat with a subtle flourish on the bow keeper. Wonderful.

The hat for a sunny Sunday
View attachment 370286
Borsalino Qualità Superiore completely unlined, size 60 cm. or 7 1/2 in US.
View attachment 370287
I wore it today because the felt is light, malleable and in tune with the changing color of the leaves
View attachment 370288
We took a long walk and the air warmed up in the middle of the day.
View attachment 370289
It goes without saying that the hat did not come out of Borsalino this way, Fleur put his hand to obtain a "quality" result
View attachment 370290
Have a nice Sunday!
Heathers are the perfect hats for the autumn.

Campdraft Deluxe in grey on a grey Sunday. Have a good week ahead fellow Loungers.

View attachment 370353 View attachment 370354 View attachment 370355
The Australians have made it all the way up to Denmark now! I trust your judgment, Steve.

Gannon 100% Beaver Natural, with a vintage Monarch jacket. I'm ready for Autumn in New England. Maybe pick up some Vermont maple syrup and catch the last of leaf peeping season.
View attachment 370356 View attachment 370357 View attachment 370358 View attachment 370359 View attachment 370361
More than ready, David. Great hat and a cool look.

View attachment 370375

Royal Stetson Whippet
Medium to Dark Bluish Grey
4 3/4 crown as shaped (about 5 1/2 open)
1 5/8 black grosgrain ribbon
2 1/2 brim with 3/8 grey grosgrain binding

Though I’ve been making an effort limit the arrival of new hats of late and I had been doing fairly well until four hats were special enough to slip past my ‘HAS’ defenses in the same week. But I do have to think if you have a 4 hat week and the hat you are least excited about is a Stetson Whippet… it’s probably a real good hat week. This whippet is definitely not without its faults though it came at a price I could not pass up. Could use a cleaning in some spots…. There is a small tear in the rear of the brim I will attempt to repair… and the sweat has some tears. And while a steaming may be in its near future… A good brushing allowed it to shape nicely and revealed its real nice real nice coloring.

The fourth hat by the way will have to wait for a little bit longer as the seller is a bit delayed in their shipping… but I do believe it will not disappoint.

View attachment 370376 View attachment 370377 View attachment 370378 View attachment 370379
That cleaned up nice already, Joe. Nice colour.

Cool morning for the pooch parade. I pulled this Glenburnie thin ribbon out as I was feeling 'discriminating.'

View attachment 370625 View attachment 370626 View attachment 370627 View attachment 370629
See? That's why I buy all these hats: I just want to be 'inclusive'. ;) Nice one, Jim.

View attachment 370635
Another beautiful sunny day, full of commitments
View attachment 370636
Borsalino felt cone in night blue worked by Fleur to obtain a "lobbia" with a slightly unusual seal.
View attachment 370637
The size is a 59.5cm. and the felt is very light as the entire hat
View attachment 370638
This are the right days, here in North East Italy, to wear light felt
View attachment 370639
Have a nice Monday and thanks for your likes for the Borsalino in heather green
Beautiful hat and beautiful work by Fleur. These brim curves are tough to get right.

That is quite something. I don't have much use for western style hats, but I really like this one.

Super hat, Joe.

Appreciate the 'likes' for the other day's Panama OR. The weather abruptly turned to autumn, so giving this newly reblocked German velour of unknown manufacturer a spin.
Whoa, that is a gorgeous velour, Jared. Look at that sheen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112