Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 373880
I don't know if the windbreaker or the hat is older.
View attachment 373882
However, today with an antique jacket and black Barbisio with pleated ribbon sold in Germany, I enjoyed the sunshine of a warm autumn.
View attachment 373883 View attachment 373884 Here is a hat that comes from an exchange with the Netherlands.
View attachment 373890
Great discovery of Stefan who has hit my tastes, on the other hand I treat him very well.
View attachment 373891
This is one of those hats that when it reappears from the boxes it always gives me a bit of emotion.
Happy Friday to you all
I always hope to find more of these hats and sometimes I do. And quite a lot of the hats that have made their way up north spark that same bit of emotion when I get to wear them. It is Barbisio at its finest.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday. The hat parade is going strong these last days of October.

This morning I wore a gilled Monson fedora for my morning dog jaunt.

i-MkDtsrd-M.jpg

i-rkP4Hch-M.jpg

i-qdWdjMx-M.jpg

i-DwsGjTk-M.jpg

A quick errand found me in a Stetson Playboy.

i-VxwCBj5-M.jpg

i-m4j449n-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
The Monson is just fabulous, Eric. The others are no wallflowers either.
Hawes Von Gal, c.1910. Among the rarest of rare... a soft hat with longhair finish produced by a short lived company (founded late 1800s, entered receivership in 1914). Many advertisements for the Hawes $3 hat survive, but precious few examples and almost all are stiff hats in rough condition. Well made and beautifully finished - from the drape of the bow, perhaps a silk ribbon. I don't wear it often - hope you enjoy seeing it.

View attachment 373970

View attachment 373965

View attachment 373972

View attachment 373968

View attachment 373969

View attachment 373966

View attachment 373971

O my, that is one special hat, Alan. Love it. One to wear on special occasions only for sure.
Optimo white beaver today. It is a copy of the Stack I bought from Alan, View attachment 373985 View attachment 373986 View attachment 373987 View attachment 373988 View attachment 373989 sans the felted edge. I didn't know he would ever agree to sell me his Stack at the time.
This one can stand on its own, Max. Wonderful.
There is some real estate there, Brent. Take care when passing doorways!

This Stevens 3X Beaver California Weight resides in the same hat box as yesterday’s Marathon. I believe I need to open this box more often.

View attachment 374076 View attachment 374077 View attachment 374078 View attachment 374079 View attachment 374080 View attachment 374081 View attachment 374082

Amusingly enough I just noticed on the sweat…. “3X Beaver” “Hares Fur”. Well at least they are partially honest about it :D
I agree about the box, Joe. This hat indeed does need more head-time.

Great parade! The cervo and the huckel take the cake (for me)!

Two Dream hats Steve! We need to see those more often!

Daniele, I need a cervo too please ;)

Now that is really nice! Love the proportions and colours!

...and the third Dream hat !
Thanks, Panos.

Imperial Stetson for a weekend in Copenhagen. Have a good one folks.

View attachment 374218
A beautiful hat, Steve. I would like to find an Imperial Stetson like that in my size.

Excellence, Fabio.

Yesterdays escapades in a Penny's Air Commander. It is an air force blue felt. In person it is a stunnng felt hue.

i-8sHpwTr-M.jpg

i-6n9qpCj-M.jpg

Lunch of Niku Soba Ramen.

i-qLSMNLZ-M.jpg

i-68DN6PB-M.jpg

i-qHKcrGZ-M.jpg

i-xCqGWg4-M.jpg

i-7tk2F6x-M.jpg

Afternoon chores in a sage Stetson Whippet.

i-XXZ7fLT-M.jpg

This mornings dog soirée hat was a Royal De Luxe Stetson. The leather sweat bands says De Luxe while the hat liner does not. This hat has great felt.

i-cWtHKnQ-M.jpg

This is the first Stetson hat of this quality that does not have a matching liner reinforcing the quality to the owner. The sweat is original and the liner has factory sewing (or at least matches other Stetson hats and has the same characteristics).

i-b4F6rGL-M.jpg

i-gDHDZth-M.jpg

Home and cooling down from my soirre wearing a Premier Stetson. Some mornings coffee tastes excellent. This morning is one such morning.

i-FkmvVHm-M.jpg

This hat was sold from Hurleys, NB, CN. It was included in the pre-1940's Canadian hats I picked that included a bunch of hats made by the Wolthausen factory. This glorious felt matches the in hand quality and characteristics of the Brick and Borsolino hats I picked up from the stock sold at that shop. Stetson had purchased that shop to get into the Canadian market. Excellent quality felt.

i-hsNJGkQ-M.jpg

i-mdf566N-M.jpg

i-SGN92P4-M.jpg

Having some breakfast on the deck while wearing a Knox Westlite. Certainly an aesthetic, but I do really like the sewn liner rear ribbon treatment of Knox hats. I think they are tidy and cool looking. The sweat and liner are Knox quality - higher than other hats at this historic price point. I admit this is my opinion, but the details draw my attention.

i-BRXr5K9-M.jpg

i-gH7F75w-M.jpg

i-f6N3fm9-M.jpg

Cheers to all on this glorious Saturday morning, Eric -
Wow, what a magnificent parade of hats, Eric.

My brother talked me out the first one of these I had, but I found another one a couple of years ago. Resistol 10X Beaver, I’m guessing early to mid-‘60s or so, with felt that rivals anything Stetson was producing at the time, including their 100 grade Open Road hats. If you can find one, grab it. View attachment 374396 View attachment 374397
Never got disappointed with a Resistol: great hats. This one no exception.

Wilke, pre-war velour, courtesy of Steve @mayserwegener View attachment 374434
Great look, Panos. Hat, scarf and coat: perfect.

Very nice, Reggie. You certainly look happy with it.

Brent's post jogged my memory about an enthusiastic compliment I received the other night about my Wolfbrae, so here's a reused photo:
View attachment 374533

Today's daily double featured an Adam for my boy and a Stetson derby for myself:
View attachment 374535
View attachment 374534
Cool hats and cool pics, Jonathan.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning has been "Bowler Sunday" in my neighborhood.

I have 2 vintage Stetson bowlers. They are different, although my wife disputed that when I set them out to wear this morning.

A dog soirée was taken in the bowler without a crown marking. It has clever vent holes in the top.

i-PPsSxGv-M.jpg

i-TqZL9Kp-M.jpg

Morning coffee and a jaunt through the yard in the other bowler. Tip marker and a smaller ribbon make this bowler different.

i-hGpfWTG-M.jpg

i-FztBv7b-M.jpg

Here are a few comparison pics.

i-fLHHdrW-M.jpg

i-cxs4nSQ-M.jpg

i-QdM3cRh-M.jpg

i-jVksmMh-M.jpg

i-Ng3swM2-M.jpg

See they are different.

BTW: The black bowlers are showing dust spots. They both need a thorough brushing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner