Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Twenty this morning. Sunny day today.
c3be6e1a89ad20d4b0adb2605530fe22.jpg
f2ecb89e65b7b5f0f6b08263585678c1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
2691c393-1c55-4674-b957-e7e6453ad407-jpeg.145922
Got this Borsalino a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been wondering what to do with it. No ideas yet so I think I’ll just wear it.
Richard, I think the best solution is to try to give it a less erratic form. With the Borsalino felt, it is usually not difficult. I would try to make the brim a little more flat with only the last part of the brim raised. You can always try.

Your smile speaks loudly. Smile, scarf and hat are dynamite. Best, Eric -
Thanks Eric. I try to do my best everyday to smile at life and the Flechet help me in my aim.

Good for you, Daniele. It is a beautiful felt. Why keep an excellent hat stored away, if it can be fixed?
Max, I have some hats in storage because they need some works. Here some examples
2vc9m5v.jpg

Borsalino Misto Tunnel, size 6 The lining is loose and it need to be resized to its "old" size because it shrinked
219tjra.jpg

Flechet size 60 cm. new and unfinished, no bow. It needs some works to be wearable
2ep0d52.jpg

M. Hutter size 58 needs a complete refurbishment. Cut the hair, new size and ribbon
Often I pause to think if it's worth it, then others arrive or I open some cases and I remember some forgotten, so the hats to resize, refurb, restore, often it's a matter of millimeters or bow, wait too long

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Richard, I think the best solution is to try to give it a less erratic form. With the Borsalino felt, it is usually not difficult. I would try to make the brim a little more flat with only the last part of the brim raised. You can always try.

Thanks Eric. I try to do my best everyday to smile at life and the Flechet help me in my aim.

Max, I have some hats in storage because they need some works. Here some examples
2vc9m5v.jpg

Borsalino Misto Tunnel, size 6 The lining is loose and it need to be resized to its "old" size because it shrinked
219tjra.jpg

Flechet size 60 cm. new and unfinished, no bow. It needs some works to be wearable
2ep0d52.jpg

M. Hutter size 58 needs a complete refurbishment. Cut the hair, new size and ribbon
Often I pause to think if it's worth it, then others arrive or I open some cases and I remember some forgotten, so the hats to resize, refurb, restore, often it's a matter of millimeters or bow, wait too long
It never occurred to me that the hair could be trimmed. Good to know.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It never occurred to me that the hair could be trimmed. Good to know.
Max, maybe I explained myself badly. To cut the fur to the felt means to make it shine or luster, a "melousine" finish, very rare today and with a silk ribbon could become a memorable hat ;)
Bay the way I think your precedent supplier "Optimo hats" in Chicago has some hats in "Melousine" finish, if I remember well

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Max, maybe I explained myself badly. To cut the fur to the felt means to make it shine or luster, a "melousine" finish, very rare today and with a silk ribbon could become a memorable hat ;)
Bay the way I think your precedent supplier "Optimo hats" in Chicago has some hats in "Melousine" finish, if I remember well
I have an Optimo Melusine, Daniele, look.
3efcae0ca186cf5ff784ccba9b51da91.jpg
7dae53b5eb674db7418e3e62cb896f3c.jpg
f2d3c985fd96f9a76b2345cf0757e979.jpg

Vintage Knox this morning for services. I love the colors on this hat. The felt is a taupe and it sports a copper/rust color ribbon set. The brim is wider at 2 3/4” and it has a nice tall crown like I prefer. The onionskin has a couple of small rips but is all there. Oh yeah, hope you guys don't mind but it will be Christmas (to be more exact Coca-Cola Santa) ties over the next several weeks.
View attachment 145935 View attachment 145936 View attachment 145937
Wonderful hat, Bill.

This Flechet is one of the many French hats I bought a few years ago in Strasbourg
v8dlc8.jpg

It has remained for years in a box, new and never worn, but too large for my head
jh80fq.jpg

I decided to send it to Fleur in the Netherlands for a slightly resize.
It is back and honestly I regret not having it reduced by a few millimeters before
11j672a.jpg

Flechet Qualité Junior 09, color (nuance) Mammouth size is 60 cm.
2unzi9i.jpg

The heather felt is a mixing of black, deep grey and light grey. It is soft and malleable. Without lining, only a tip in the crown
ygpvr.jpg

Thanks for your like on the last week hats.
My compliments for you loungers that everyday showed the best
Very nice, Daniele. The felt looks fantastic.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

2vc9m5v.jpg

219tjra.jpg

2ep0d52.jpg

If it were my hat, I think I'd leave the Flechet a Long Hair. It looks pretty good that way, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn