Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Excellent hat, Perry. Not too many black Stetsons around.

Good morning. My dog soirre hat was a Stetson Playboy.

i-6LSTj5f-M.jpg

i-DqM32T5-M.jpg

This Vita Felt hat (as per liner markings) has a reminder on the sweat that it under went the Vida Felt Process. The sweat is marked Playboy in a terrific font. Dynamite.

i-wPM32sv-M.jpg

Home for a walkabout sipping coffee I changed to a Stetson Startoliner in a nutmeg kind of felt hue. The Stetson name for the felt hue escapes me this morning.

i-jWsfhjw-M.jpg

i-Vxt7gnK-M.jpg

i-VfdwRtH-M.jpg

I headed out to run my wife's auto thru the car wash and popped a Stetson Whippet on my head. Yup my pics are actually of a Stetson Whippet. It is the 60's Australian stingy version of the Whippet. Truly a Whippet is not a Whippet.

i-WSvJGK7-M.jpg

i-cSrN3zd-M.jpg

i-qPKDkqB-M.jpg

i-h9PMr2P-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Wonderful Stetson line-up today, Eric.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Deep autumn is coming. The fog was almost near the hills this morning
Thibet Blu 8.jpg

Shy sun in the middle of the day and so today we help Panos in his parade of antique hats.
Thibet Blu 4.jpg

Thibet made in France sold by the "A. Meer" hat shop in Strasbourg in the thirties or maybe earlier, who knows.
Thibet Blu 7.jpg
Felt is wool and thick, a lot malleable.
Thibet Blu 2.jpg

The shape is very particular, the crown is wide, high and round with the right brims to maintain the proportions.
Ribbon to match the felt, without lining, has a medium weight.
Thibet Blu 6.jpg

Have a nice Friday

PanosChris

Practically Family
Deep autumn is coming. The fog was almost near the hills this morning
View attachment 380372
Shy sun in the middle of the day and so today we help Panos in his parade of antique hats.
View attachment 380373
Thibet made in France sold by the "A. Meer" hat shop in Strasbourg in the thirties or maybe earlier, who knows.
View attachment 380375
Felt is wool and thick, a lot malleable.
View attachment 380377
The shape is very particular, the crown is wide, high and round with the right brims to maintain the proportions.
Ribbon to match the felt, without lining, has a medium weight.
View attachment 380379
Have a nice Friday
Oh, wow!! What could I possibly post after that? Fabulous, absolutely fabulous Mr. Tanto!

Mighty44

One Too Many
They are pretty much all grey fedoras for me—trying to branch out a bit but why turn your back on the thing that makes you happy?

Thanks to @BobHufford for parting with this Royal Stetson, I suspect from the early 1960s. With a 2 3/8 brim and a factory tear drop crown it is a great hat to wear to the office or just around the neighborhood.

EDIT—Apologies it was @buler I owe thanks for one of my favorite hats!

Cheers,

David
2F7C2446-E908-4447-B58B-1ACC029E72BF.jpeg

Last edited:
They are pretty much all grey fedoras for me—trying to branch out a bit but why turn your back on the thing that makes you happy?

Thanks to @BobHufford for parting with this Royal Stetson, I suspect from the early 1960s. With a 2 3/8 brim and a factory tear drop crown it is a great hat to wear to the office or just around the neighborhood.

Cheers,

David
View attachment 380381
Looks fantastic on you

Went with the Lee GP clone to see Smokey Robinson the other night. WOW what a performance. Amazing energy from A man 81 years old… a year after COVID almost killed him. His voice still incredible… and really intricate arrangements where he had to be spot on. We really enjoyed it.

7C96C476-D3E5-4B46-8189-02F2627306C5.jpeg
061B65DF-D092-4547-A8CB-F7D4AACC7205.jpeg
197EB86B-EA8C-4FE3-B38A-9E492FD47265.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. My dog soirre hat was a Stetson Playboy.

i-6LSTj5f-M.jpg

i-DqM32T5-M.jpg

This Vita Felt hat (as per liner markings) has a reminder on the sweat that it under went the Vida Felt Process. The sweat is marked Playboy in a terrific font. Dynamite.

i-wPM32sv-M.jpg

Home for a walkabout sipping coffee I changed to a Stetson Startoliner in a nutmeg kind of felt hue. The Stetson name for the felt hue escapes me this morning.

i-jWsfhjw-M.jpg

i-Vxt7gnK-M.jpg

i-VfdwRtH-M.jpg

I headed out to run my wife's auto thru the car wash and popped a Stetson Whippet on my head. Yup my pics are actually of a Stetson Whippet. It is the 60's Australian stingy version of the Whippet. Truly a Whippet is not a Whippet.

i-WSvJGK7-M.jpg

i-cSrN3zd-M.jpg

i-qPKDkqB-M.jpg

i-h9PMr2P-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Excellent array as always, Eric, but the Vita-Felt + Playboy = Stetson Lovechild.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points