Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
It always seems to be snowing/raining on NHD. So, not even out of the box an hour; Gannon “Highwayman” in steel, 100x beaver. It has a brown liner and the “antique” sweat. I’ve admired the way @Hurricane Jack changed the ribbon width on his so with his approval I followed suit. The last time I spoke to Mr Gannon he asked if 1” would be ok and I said you do whatever you think looks best. This hat is beautiful, I’m very happy.
View attachment 408287 View attachment 408288 View attachment 408289
That’s a beautiful hat—congrats!

It always seems to be snowing/raining on NHD. So, not even out of the box an hour; Gannon “Highwayman” in steel, 100x beaver. It has a brown liner and the “antique” sweat. I’ve admired the way @Hurricane Jack changed the ribbon width on his so with his approval I followed suit. The last time I spoke to Mr Gannon he asked if 1” would be ok and I said you do whatever you think looks best. This hat is beautiful, I’m very happy.
Excellent Alan. Looks fantastic!

Looks great on you, Alan. You carry the dimensions well! With the ribbon it still maintains the 1920-1930 wide brim vibe which is how I have always seen the Highwayman. Congratulations!

Rumad

One Too Many
Looks great on you, Alan. You carry the dimensions well! With the ribbon it still maintains the 1920-1930 wide brim vibe which is how I have always seen the Highwayman. Congratulations!
I appreciate you saying so, HJ. Thanks. I used to be skeptical of the tall hats, being 6’3”. A few of the guys around here got me feeling pretty good about it. Not to mention I just generally dgaf what strangers think. I knew I could pull off the brim, with this Sicilian nose that gets everywhere a minute before me. Anyway, I love the hat and I’m glad it’s still cold enough to wear it a while.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Stetson Custom V for a haircut and my third jab.
FFAC4478-0309-4911-A5E5-85681487C2C0.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Is that a leather jacket I see. Come on over.
I’ve got three. Two Paul Smith that I got cheaply second hand - this one and a black one in the same style but more worn out than I gathered from the seller’s photos. The other is a Rider’s that I really like from a Japanese brand, Mens Bigi, that I don’t think is really known internationally.
The price of some of the jackets I see on here has me running scared of the leather jacket pages

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I’ve got three. Two Paul Smith that I got cheaply second hand - this one and a black one in the same style but more worn out than I gathered from the sellers photos. The other is a Rider’s that I really like from a Japanese brand, Mens Bigi, that I don’t think is really known internationally.
The price of some of the jackets I see on here has me running scared of the leather jacket pages
Ahhh....but the smell of a palace full of vintage felt and leather!!!
B

The Shoe

One Too Many
Playing with steam in my Christy’s Trilby. The felt colour is Mink with a matching ribbon that just sticks out a little from the mustard ribbon on top of it. This was my first fur felt hat. I still love the colours and the felt is nice enough, but I haven’t felt all that comfortable wearing it. The centre dent pushed against my head, so the hat slowly rose up while I was wearing it. I’m trying to make it wearable now. It might go into my work hat roster.
I steamed it and put a bubble in the dent, which seems to have done the trick.
3C2F0CBC-C182-4211-9719-B787240F24C0.jpeg
1D5F54C4-6124-4A19-9BB9-4604180D7716.jpeg

Now, if only it had a leather sweatband I’d be really happy with it.
546F0061-83E1-4D68-A9E3-84B6981E179F.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. My dog soirre was taken wearing a VS Wanderer (named after the Stetson hat of same name). This hat features thin dove beaver felt with a unique star vent pattern. Who knows if the vent offers a cooler wear. I think it just looks cool.

I have never handled a real Stetson Wanderer and keep looking for one. Until I find one I my VS versions will be proudly worn representing this venerable Stetson hat.

i-gNfbpTt-M.jpg

i-MRffgJH-M.jpg

i-hJL2wpH-M.jpg

Home and sipping coffee while doing a walkabout I changed to an Adam Pacesetter (executive Quality). This felt color, not when washed out in today's morning sun, is Buckskin. The underbrim pic below is an accurate felt color representation. The quality of the hat is Executive. I took inspiration and had a couple VS hats made. I called them VS Executives.

i-QtzKN4S-M.jpg

i-KqNNcPs-M.jpg

i-ttrfXvK-M.jpg

i-sX7bkvr-M.jpg

i-KgsJFhR-M.jpg

This was one of my "influencer" hats. It influenced me to wear hats and to love gill ribbon treatments. IMO, the Adam gilled hats, either 5 or 7 gilled, are dynamite hats. I have four minty examples in different colors. even at the time they were retailed I think they were an extraordinary value in a hat.
i-RqffHjn-M.jpg

Here is a pic of the VS Executives.

i-ML7gQ9s-M.jpg

Checking in with hats that need more head time and the inspirations of the hats. Cheers, Eric -

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. My dog soirre was taken wearing a VS Wanderer (named after the Stetson hat of same name). This hat features thin dove beaver felt with a unique star vent pattern. Who knows if the vent offers a cooler wear. I think it just looks cool.

I have never handled a real Stetson Wanderer and keep looking for one. Until I find one I my VS versions will be proudly worn representing this venerable Stetson hat.

i-gNfbpTt-M.jpg

i-MRffgJH-M.jpg

i-hJL2wpH-M.jpg

Home and sipping coffee while doing a walkabout I changed to an Adam Pacesetter (executive Quality). This felt color, not when washed out in today's morning sun, is Buckskin. The underbrim pic below is an accurate felt color representation. The quality of the hat is Executive. I took inspiration and had a couple VS hats made. I called them VS Executives.

i-QtzKN4S-M.jpg

i-KqNNcPs-M.jpg

i-ttrfXvK-M.jpg

i-sX7bkvr-M.jpg

i-KgsJFhR-M.jpg

This was one of my "influencer" hats. It influenced me to wear hats and to love gill ribbon treatments. IMO, the Adam gilled hats, either 5 or 7 gilled, are dynamite hats. I have four minty examples in different colors. even at the time they were retailed I think they were an extraordinary value in a hat.
i-RqffHjn-M.jpg

Here is a pic of the VS Executives.

i-ML7gQ9s-M.jpg

Checking in with hats that need more head time and the inspirations of the hats. Cheers, Eric -

Cheers, Eric -
Really love the two Executives (Adam and VS), Eric. There's definitely something about a gilled ribbon.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo