Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Stefan, your complimentary style is so crafted, I'm sure that you have spent time in the Diplomatic Corps. Any time that you want a job...........................................and bring your hats with you.

I like when sweats have the dept. store or mens' store with the city displayed, and not just the hat make/model. If a fellow was really fortunate, the original owner would have the same initials as his stamped in too. I wonder if any loungers have had that coincidence ?

I’ve definitely seen that here on the Lounge before…maybe Joe @Blare??

Spot on with that Gary. I do have one where this occurred. I have to think through which one it is. Maybe a short brimmed Cavanagh

But not only the initials.. I also have one where the store name is my last name!

The colour, the shape, it's so like the hat Esther made for me. The only difference being she made me a Strat-look-a-like and that has a narrow hat ribbon. What a superb gem of a hat.

At work I often get told that I'm a man wearing two hats, it's a metaphor describing my responsibilities. If anyone from work is lurking on here, get back to work and get on with your task.

You can see the man with two hats here.
when I ran my own company I always said that I wear many hats. Apparently I took that to the extreme with my actual hats.

Churchill

4B6E61D1-A2B8-459E-8B78-B0E4654606DB.jpeg

30260B2C-4F6E-4A0C-B194-F82E7EDF09AD.jpeg

03DE9059-E6BB-4429-811C-69B17293F81C.jpeg

1E9349FF-0078-4A7B-975D-A5D49534AE81.jpeg

Stefan, your complimentary style is so crafted, I'm sure that you have spent time in the Diplomatic Corps. Any time that you want a job...........................................and bring your hats with you.
Thanks for the compliment, Robert (and I will let my boss know:)). You're too kind.
Wait, this is not a ploy to lure me out of my hat-cave with all my hats, is it?:D

Our favourite Dutchman's recent haul of French hats inspired me to wear this Gelot.

Thanks for the inspiration, Stefan View attachment 409168
It's a very stylish hat, Steve, with a classic look. I have to look into older Gelot hats (if I can find them) to see if they had better finishing inside. I see this on other French hats, like Fléchet and Thibet, so maybe it was a general tendency to cut costs.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It's a very stylish hat, Steve, with a classic look. I have to look into older Gelot hats (if I can find them) to see if they had better finishing inside. I see this on other French hats, like Fléchet and Thibet, so maybe it was a general tendency to cut costs.
Thanks, Stefan.
If a hat maker needs to save costs, the inside finishing would be the best place to start. Especially if the hat was made during the decades around WWII.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace