Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Etsuko and I turn 25 on Wednesday. We’re both working on the day, but we both have Monday off and both took Tuesday off.
We’re celebrating our silver wedding anniversary with a three day weekend in Kobe - me in my Hornskov Mogul and Etsuko in her Akubra Leisure Time.
View attachment 417365
View attachment 417366
You guys look great and congratulations on your anniversary! 25 years is quite an accomplishment!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Chapeau Grataloup the last few days.

I'll be glad to see the back of the building behind me. It's Denmark's largest hospital in Copenhagen. My youngest daughter has been holed up there since Thursday. Hopefully, she'll be able to come home tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 20220408_165052.jpg 20220408_165055.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A beautiful hat and a beautiful view over your shoulder Daniele!
Thanks Bob. The hills on my back are called San Mattia because a tiny village is there as many Austrian fortress made between 1840 and 1860.

Fine looking hat, Daniele. Tonak seems to have found its way back. There was period when their hats looked rather joyless.
Thanks Stefan. Tonak made every year, in winter collection, a hat or two of first quality in felt and finishes. Seee here https://www.tonak.cz/product/detail/boater-verdi/

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Cherry black sounds good, but so does deep burgundy:)
You only live once, Robert: go for it! Excellent look by the way.
Always so complimentary, you are a true gentleman, Sir. Tina said that she thought that I always wore the grey Stetson with that shirt and how good the nutmeg colour compliments the shirt.

Given that kind of praise I just had to wear my cream straw Gamboa today. A gift from Tina. I wore it with the shirt and trousers that she made for me, along with shoe artisan Colin Johnson's Gibson style shoes.
blue shirt cream pants 002.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Congrats to you both on the Silver Anniversary Gary and Etsuko! You appear far too young to have reached that milestone though. Ours is coming up in a couple of weeks. It will be ... uh ... hold on ... our 39th (!?). Then again, maybe you are old enough. ;)
You are right Bob, silver wedding anniversary, that's twenty-five years. They don't even look like they are out of the starting blocks yet. As for you celebrating your nuptials, thirty-nine years, that's almost twice round all your fingers and toes, amazing. Any celebration planned?

In just under three weeks Tina and I celebrate our Glass wedding anniversary, next year it will be Emerald. That sounds expensive!

Etsuko and I turn 25 on Wednesday. We’re both working on the day, but we both have Monday off and both took Tuesday off.
We’re celebrating our silver wedding anniversary with a three day weekend in Kobe - me in my Hornskov Mogul and Etsuko in her Akubra Leisure Time.
View attachment 417365
View attachment 417366

Congratulations on #25! We're coming up on 30 in May.

If she doesn't kill me first.

That is an incredible hat! My Montana Peaks Gus rarely makes it off the shelf, but you’ve inspired me. Perhaps there will be a public sighting soon. Nice one!

I'm sure you'll rock it Jeff. Never seen you wear a hat that didn't look like it belonged. This one feels like it was made for me. That doesn't happen often on used hats.

You are right Bob, silver wedding anniversary, that's twenty-five years. They don't even look like they are out of the starting blocks yet. As for you celebrating your nuptials, thirty-nine years, that's almost twice round all your fingers and toes, amazing. Any celebration planned?

In just under three weeks Tina and I celebrate our Glass wedding anniversary, next year it will be Emerald. That sounds expensive!

Thanks Robert. 54 this year? Amazing -- you two must have married in your early teens. The only plan that I know of for now is to cruise around in her Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary gift (as soon as the dealership adds some accessories and I hand them a check -- then get back to selling hats to try and cover some of that debt).

Mule.jpg

A formidable lineup against that windy weather foe.
Thanks, Joe.

Chapeau Grataloup the last few days.

I'll be glad to see the back of the building behind me. It's Denmark's largest hospital in Copenhagen. My youngest daughter has been holed up there since Thursday. Hopefully, she'll be able to come home tomorrow. Fingers crossed! View attachment 417408 View attachment 417409
Hopefully nothing serious, Steve. The Grataloup looks great.

MacKamie by Shudde Bros. for morning worship service.
Thanks for the hat goes out to Randy McCamey.
View attachment 417410
Beautiful hat, Randall.

My favourite of the week, does not matter the order. They are astounding
Grazie, Daniele. It was nice having a fulll homburg week.
Always so complimentary, you are a true gentleman, Sir. Tina said that she thought that I always wore the grey Stetson with that shirt and how good the nutmeg colour compliments the shirt.

Given that kind of praise I just had to wear my cream straw Gamboa today. A gift from Tina. I wore it with the shirt and trousers that she made for me, along with shoe artisan Colin Johnson's Gibson style shoes.
View attachment 417430
A gentleman head to toe, Robert. Nice to have a bit of sun to go with it!

This week had me facing storm winds mostly and by chance I chose to face that with a cast of homburgs. Almost as good facing strong winds as bowlers.

Laubin for Brosson
View attachment 417324

Mossant bleu Oxford
View attachment 417325

Laubin for Sools
View attachment 417326

Borlesso
View attachment 417327

Dalton
View attachment 417328

Léon by Moores View attachment 417329

Mossant
View attachment 417330

Love them all, Stefan, but the brim curl on the brown Mossant is incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR