Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The UK home office of the company I recently started working for was originally located in Edinburgh and as such has Edinburgh in the company name. I had discussed with a friend who lived not to too far from the area about a future visit. I did not realize until the other day that the office is now located in South of London. Would have been something if I had made travel plans to visit and then realized I was a good 8 or 9 hours from the office. :D
You can fly between the two capitals, it takes about an hour and a quarter. How long checking in and security takes is anyone's guess. Shop around and you can find an airline ticket for around £35. By train takes about five hours,. There's good deals on train fares too, if you know where to look. I found a deal for just £15.
I have just noticed that the time has gone past midnight. I am off to bed.
Happy Easter to you all.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Quick jaunt across the picket lines since there was a Johnny Horton reference the other day. Brought up childhood memories of listening to him on cassette tape in the car with my mom. Thanks @T Jones.

Lots of hats worn the past few months but the old Knox (here you go @Pkyoakum) and Stetson No. 1 got the call most days:
View attachment 418793 View attachment 418794 View attachment 418796 View attachment 418795

Maybe I'll be back with the soon to arrive No. 1, but probably won't be for a while so catch me while you can today.

Hope all are well and wishing everyone the best! Peace, love, and understanding.
Hola, Jonathan. Haven't seen you in a while

You can fly between the two capitals, it takes about an hour and a quarter. How long checking in and security takes is anyone's guess. Shop around and you can find an airline ticket for around £35. By train takes about five hours,. There's good deals on train fares too, if you know where to look. I found a deal for just £15.
I have just noticed that the time has gone past midnight. I am off to bed.
Happy Easter to you all.
Thank you for the insight Robert. Happy Easter

Miller Bros.:

92132D3B-287D-4376-B09E-BA7D343D1274.jpeg
D4BE4928-A477-4DE0-A13C-2715C7EC8A84.jpeg

8C48FBBD-DDC9-4C48-9089-7F77FAD5C45C.jpeg

Shift work is getting harder every year.

It was a Rick @quickrick day today. A walk down to the harbour in my no-name Rat Pack Pork Pie.

The sun has finally found northern Europe again :cool:

View attachment 419049 View attachment 419050
Nice bit of sunshine as well there, Steve. And a nice chamois finish on the felt; beautiful.
Having a hat size of seven and three quarters has always meant a limited choice, but that all changed some years ago when Tina and I visited Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh. There we discovered https://www.fabhatrix.com/ What a find it proved to be for both of us. I left Tina in the store to single handedly keep the British economy on track, whilst one of their staff measured me for a bespoke hat. Such was the finish that I have three of their hats. Here's two of them:
View attachment 419058 View attachment 419059

Sometime ago we had a milliner on The Lounge name of Esther Weis, Esther made three bespoke hats for me, one felt and two straw. Here's the felt one:
View attachment 419061

When my wife, Tina, was in the market for a hat to wear to our friend's wedding she came across Cheryl, a milliner in Dorchester. What a find that was:

View attachment 419064 View attachment 419066 View attachment 419067

Have you noticed the travel theme? First two depict travel paraphernalia such as trunks suitcases and destination labels. The third one is all about, those magnificent men in their flying machines. And finally, the last three, the golden age of travel, cruise liners, steam trains and far off destinations.
Bon Voyage!
A wonderful parade of hats and shirts, Robert. I do feel for the larger sized members of the lounge; must be tough to see all those vintage hats but almost never in your size.

Fantastic hat, Brent.

Whippet style, vita-felt Stetson Medalist, got lucky with this find! Not too sure on the date. Tempted to keep the crown open!
View attachment 419143 View attachment 419148 View attachment 419147
Lovely hat and it works for you open crown. I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from creasing it though:)

Marvelous, Alan. And a petting hat as well.

Happy easter everyone. The week in hats as usual. Let's see.

Borsalino Martora in China colour

IMG_4141.jpg

Stetson homburg 3X beaver
IMG_4142.jpg

Borlesso homburg
IMG_4143.jpg

Borsalino Nutria Dattero
IMG_4144.jpg

Vimenet
IMG_4145.jpg

Panizza CInabro
IMG_4147.jpg

Borsalino Landasti Bismuto
IMG_4150.jpg

Borsalino Celesca
IMG_4151.jpg

Laubin homburg for Sools
IMG_4152.jpg

And ended the same way we began: Borsalino Martora China
IMG_4156.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Fabulous line up as always Stefan, if I could choose I would go for the Vimenet, Blue &white blazer 006.JPG
How it would compliment my blazer when I take Tina out to lunch later.
We are going to break our Lenten abstinence and enjoy meat and alcohol
once more. Roast beef and a glass of claret. Happy Easter.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I took a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-V6mszv8-M.jpg

i-zM3Lw3h-M.jpg

i-TDpB72q-M.jpg

Evening shennanigans under a VS Stratoliner clone (sage beaver felt).

i-N2T8RW5-M.jpg

i-Dmg2rfn-M.jpg

i-LQ2dGZC-M.jpg

Sunday morning dog soirre wearing a Stetson Playboy.

i-7BQ7TLS-M.jpg

i-LWQTWb8-M.jpg

I headed out to pick-up freshly roasted coffee in an un-lined Playboy.

i-8DsQ8n3-M.jpg

i-8q4WwR8-M.jpg

i-5JsZghp-M.jpg

I dropped off a pound of coffee at my neighbor's house. She spoke to me on my dog soire about heading over for some needed coffee later this morning. She microwaved some old coffee this morning, before her stroll around the lake. A true sign of desperation. I wore a vintage Stetson OR for my special delivery.

i-hsXMzR4-M.jpg

i-LqzXPCh-M.jpg

i-BNCPn2t-M.jpg

i-BTcjLBP-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
Happy easter everyone. The week in hats as usual. Let's see.

Borsalino Martora in China colour

View attachment 419188

Stetson homburg 3X beaver
View attachment 419189

Borlesso homburg
View attachment 419190

Borsalino Nutria Dattero View attachment 419191

Vimenet
View attachment 419192

Panizza CInabro
View attachment 419193

Borsalino Landasti Bismuto
View attachment 419194

Borsalino Celesca
View attachment 419195

Laubin homburg for Sools
View attachment 419196

And ended the same way we began: Borsalino Martora China
View attachment 419197
Wonderful parade this week Stefan.

Fabulous line up as always Stefan, if I could choose I would go for the Vimenet, View attachment 419201
How it would compliment my blazer when I take Tina out to lunch later.
We are going to break our Lenten abstinence and enjoy meat and alcohol
once more. Roast beef and a glass of claret. Happy Easter.
Thank you, Robert. Hope you enjoyed the meal!
Yesterday evening I took a walkabout in a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-V6mszv8-M.jpg

i-zM3Lw3h-M.jpg

i-TDpB72q-M.jpg

Evening shennanigans under a VS Stratoliner clone (sage beaver felt).

i-N2T8RW5-M.jpg

i-Dmg2rfn-M.jpg

i-LQ2dGZC-M.jpg

Sunday morning dog soirre wearing a Stetson Playboy.

i-7BQ7TLS-M.jpg

i-LWQTWb8-M.jpg

I headed out to pick-up freshly roasted coffee in an un-lined Playboy.

i-8DsQ8n3-M.jpg

i-8q4WwR8-M.jpg

i-5JsZghp-M.jpg

I dropped off a pound of coffee at my neighbor's house. She spoke to me on my dog soire about heading over for some needed coffee later this morning. She microwaved some old coffee this morning, before her stroll around the lake. A true sing of desperation. I wore a vintage Stetson OR

i-hsXMzR4-M.jpg

i-LqzXPCh-M.jpg

i-BNCPn2t-M.jpg

i-BTcjLBP-M.jpg
Fantastic selection of hats again, Eric! A joy to see every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo