Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 437869
View attachment 437875
Knox Milan Weave - Montale
4 3/4 Crown with open ventilation
2 inch brown/multi tone grosgrain ribbon
1 7/8 brim
Ventilated sweatband

My first new addition in a while is this… Knox Montale a Milan weave straw in Hickory.. a light to medium brown color. The Montale model features this open ventilation weave on the crown above it’s beautiful earth tones grosgrain ribbon. The sweatband also is perforated for ventilation. All the added ventilation may come in handy here in Florida. This hat has a bit more shellac than my very similar Crofut and Knapp Milan’s of approximately same vintage… As those hats have an almost “Slinky” feel to the straw when you pick them up by the crown. This one a bit more stiff holds it’s shape slightly better and has a bit of a sheen to it. The brim has a bit of its own mind.. that might calm with a bit of steam… but I kinda like the sorta Hollywood brim persona it’s got going on for now. Was very happy to add it to the collection for a couple bucks less than its original $11.95 “Sticker Price.

View attachment 437870 View attachment 437871 View attachment 437872 View attachment 437873

So funny story for the day.. I took my son to his orthopedic appointment today. The doctor a gentleman who appears to be in his 80s.. says.. “I see dad is happy over here looking like movie star…. Yes…. You look like Marlon Brando on vacation“.

View attachment 437874

I’m not sure what that would even mean… but I’ll take it :D

One of the teachers I worked with a few years back left to have kids. Recently, she told me that I have a fan club amongst the kindergarten mothers. Apparently, they drive by the school around the time I take the kids to and from the train station. Amused and somewhat taken aback, I pointed out that between the mask and the hats, they can’t see my face and that it is, in fact, my hats that have a fan club!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
One of the teachers I worked with a few years back left to have kids. Recently, she told me that I have a fan club amongst the kindergarten mothers. Apparently, they drive by the school around the time I take the kids to and from the train station. Amused and somewhat taken aback, I pointed out that between the mask and the hats, they can’t see my face and that it is, in fact, my hats that have a fan club!
But it's the elegant way you wear them, Gary.

Shadow1948

One of the Regulars
My newest addition, a charcoal gray German Stetson.
36C0EC20-D411-4C1E-BB74-4E78AF6656DE.jpeg
C332304D-423E-4EFB-97D7-D71732F2BF99.jpeg
D0E837C9-4654-45D5-BB4B-66E48E9DA092.jpeg
A2690626-E1EB-4F88-9328-DBC14B031CF8.jpeg

Who?

Practically Family
Seriously, sometimes people say the strangest things when they see a man wearing something on his head that’s not a ball cap. I think they may feel the need to say something complimentary or cute, just trying to be nice - but it comes out awkward as can be. Sometimes I can’t help laughing.
We simply have to face up to the fact that some folks just aren’t very smart.

Life gets easier after you figure that out.

I can almost never wear a hat during the summer months. Even a straw makes my head sweat.

However, I did manage to wear this velour Panizza Castorino for a stroll back home in Elsinore this evening. The cool off shore breeze helped keep the temperature down. I'm sure the two vent holes on either side of the hat helped too.

View attachment 437838
A velour in july? Whatever will be next? Wear it whenever you can, Steve: looks great!

View attachment 437869
View attachment 437875
Knox Milan Weave - Montale
4 3/4 Crown with open ventilation
2 inch brown/multi tone grosgrain ribbon
1 7/8 brim
Ventilated sweatband

My first new addition in a while is this… Knox Montale a Milan weave straw in Hickory.. a light to medium brown color. The Montale model features this open ventilation weave on the crown above it’s beautiful earth tones grosgrain ribbon. The sweatband also is perforated for ventilation. All the added ventilation may come in handy here in Florida. This hat has a bit more shellac than my very similar Crofut and Knapp Milan’s of approximately same vintage… As those hats have an almost “Slinky” feel to the straw when you pick them up by the crown. This one a bit more stiff holds it’s shape slightly better and has a bit of a sheen to it. The brim has a bit of its own mind.. that might calm with a bit of steam… but I kinda like the sorta Hollywood brim persona it’s got going on for now. Was very happy to add it to the collection for a couple bucks less than its original $11.95 “Sticker Price.

View attachment 437870 View attachment 437871 View attachment 437872 View attachment 437873

So funny story for the day.. I took my son to his orthopedic appointment today. The doctor a gentleman who appears to be in his 80s.. says.. “I see dad is happy over here looking like movie star…. Yes…. You look like Marlon Brando on vacation“.

View attachment 437874

I’m not sure what that would even mean… but I’ll take it :D
A neat little straw and a brim with attitude. Nice!

I'd take that, Gary. Best not to ask questions you don't want an answer to:)
Reminds me of Mike (@Redfokker), who had a fanclub among the churchladies. They's swoon every time he'd make an appearance with any of his hats. Made him go all pious I think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21